Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Another handyman solution....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:38 am    

Another handyman solution....

We find this posted yesterday:
Quote:
Brianw
Post Number: 1601

Posted on Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 1:47 pm:
The stuck damper ("top hat") problem has visited many of us on one occasion or another. A couple of months ago I "unstuck" the damper on my eight-year-old #7 only to have it seize again within a few weeks, despite having done a thorough Dremel/wire brush cleaning of all the threaded surfaces, adding lubricant, etc.

I think I finally found a fix.

He then goes on to tell how he cleverly figured this out and used this tool and that tool to free the stuck damper and then ream it out and then use some high temp lubricant and on and on. All this to try to repair a faulty design that should have been covered under warranty.

It seems the only folks happy with their cookers are the handy-man types who enjoy solving Richard Johnson's problems for him. I suppose they hope that if they solve his problems, he'll show his gratitude by giving them some company stock.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: