Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Taking advantage of Irene disaster is pretty pathetic....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:31 am    

Taking advantage of Irene disaster is pretty pathetic....

Quote:

Richardj
Post Number: 2654

Posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2011 - 7:10 am:
I have received questions some K owners that have had their K flooded by hurricane Irene. Some flooded almost up to the neck INSIDE but most partway and/or only on the outside. All are fine but rather dirty and wet. None have damage from wind, water or trees. The question I have been asked is: what is the suggestion or procedure for getting back to Kooking?

My suggestion has been to simply remove the water remaining out the draft door opening if not already leaked out and sponge the remaining water out the bottom of the base. Open the lid and drafts to air out most of the moisture which might take a few hours or longer because of the weather conditions. Then start a small charcoal or gas fire of about 150 to 200 degree F for about 3 or 4 hours and then raise to baking temperatures and start kooking! Actually, this procedure is much the same as the originalstart-up when purchased new.

Aesthetically any major water might require re-grouting and sealing on the outside and possibly additional K63 on the inside hot face.

I am guessing most have done nothing except start up slow with lower temperatures until dry and to make sure their is no steam through the tile. Steam, if any, should come out of the damper top opening.

I hope all fared well with no major damage or injuries. Please let me know if I can be of any help. Richardj@kamado.com

Good luck!

Yeah, right. If they had 4-5 feet of water, the last thing they care about is getting their lump of concrete dried out and gluing tiles back on. Come on Richard, call it quits and stop this pathetic attempt to take advantage of people's misfortunes.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:14 pm    

How would a kamado hold that much water? Kamado's can't even hold themselves together as it is!

I think it's time for an experiment!

Admin, would you kindly take a water hose to that cement kamado of yours along with a video camera so we can see what happens? I bet the tiles sheet off just before it krumbles to pieces. You can even post it on YouTube.

C'mon, take one for the team! Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: