Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Kamado Grills new owners - keep posting here...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Porkchop

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:01 am    

Kamado Grills new owners - keep posting here...

i know you guys don't have a working site yet, and the NUMBER ONE purpose of KFF (in my opinion) is to bring resolution for those previously shafted by your newly purchased company/brand name.

the fact that you are posting here and making an effort to reach out to your most vocal detractors is the most common-sense approach you could take.

had the previous owners simply made right the wrongs they committed, there would have been no need for this site. there will be alot of very skeptical responses to your posts. dealing with the Johnsons promotes an atmosphere of doubt.

many of us here wonder if you are indeed "new owners". if i were you, i would try to dispell that concern quickly. for so long, this forum has been the ONLY place former Kamado customers could come and make public their concerns, as unfavorable remarks and complaints were very quickly scrubbed from the old Kamado forum. those customers are probably reluctant to deal with any unidentified "new owner".

so keep posting here, keep reaching out, and be as transparent as legally possible if you want to be more warmly regarded by our members. i'm sure it's possible for EVERYONE to be happy if honesty comes first. while your brand name is currently reviled by many, there's no such thing as bad publicity. your future customer base, those who will build your name, are the dissatisfied former customers of the previous owners.

good luck!
Kamado Grills

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:41 pm    

We very much appreciate the warm welcome and obviously expect criticism/skepticism from some of the past stories we have read about past dealings with the company. We chose to post here instead of our forum due to the fact people may feel more open to discuss things with us. Also, if we only posted on our own forum, it would not carry as much merit and for obvious reasons be considered heavily biased as well. We have already been inundated with phone calls and emails and are trying in every way possible to be expedient in our return contact. We did not expect this to go as fast as it looks to be heading, but will welcome it if it helps us return confidence in our customers.

We believe in the product and its potential and at this point all we can ask for a little patients and a chance to prove ourselves.

Thanks!
Porkchop

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:51 pm    

Kamado Grills wrote:
We did not expect this to go as fast as it looks to be heading, but will welcome it if it helps us return confidence in our customers.

yeah, you really stepped in it, that's for sure. there are LOTS of people waiting on line to obtain satisfaction. of course, if you knew to join and post here, you've done at least a little research and know what you've bought, for better or worse.

right now, i wouldn't count on a real warm reception; i'm probably in the minority here. but it definitely could be much worse. hopefully you have a thick skin, and realize that alot of the tribulation to come was sown by your predecesor. unfortunately, you purchased that along with the company.
Kamado Grills

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:04 pm    

Porkchop wrote:
Kamado Grills wrote:
We did not expect this to go as fast as it looks to be heading, but will welcome it if it helps us return confidence in our customers.

yeah, you really stepped in it, that's for sure. there are LOTS of people waiting on line to obtain satisfaction. of course, if you knew to join and post here, you've done at least a little research and know what you've bought, for better or worse.

right now, i wouldn't count on a real warm reception; i'm probably in the minority here. but it definitely could be much worse. hopefully you have a thick skin, and realize that alot of the tribulation to come was sown by your predecesor. unfortunately, you purchased that along with the company.

believe it or not, we actually seem to be heading in a positive direction and been overwhelmed with the graciousness from our customers. One comment that actually sticks out and still makes me laugh was from a customer we actually spoke to on the phone who said " Holy Sh*t! I cannot believe that I have called twice in two days and somebody answered the phone and took time to talk to me." Laughing
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:11 pm    

I'm still surprised you haven't even posted an announcement on the Kamado Forum.
Porkchop

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:29 pm    

Kamado Grills wrote:
"Holy Sh*t! I cannot believe that I have called twice in two days and somebody answered the phone and took time to talk to me." Laughing

yep. picking up the phone and calling folks back is a BIG step up from the previous regime. keep it up!
Nemesis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:27 pm    

Just wondering a few things about this rebirth of Kamado;

Is the new Kamado website going to maintain a forum of their own? You know, like a real forum, not the shill-bait that RJ was running?

Im curious...exactly what are the transferable assets of a company like Kamado? They havent delivered a grill since who knows when... Even if they had a few bags of cement laying around, its gotta be hard as a rock, even in the LV desert. Did they even have molds anymore? Some scrap metal from from one of the demolished hotels? RJs old false teeth?

Seriously, you might get some recognition from the name...but it isnt the kind anyone would want. We have all spent the last 5 years ensuring that. And that name/domain is gonna come with a huge responsibility to make good for the previous fraud.

Exactly how does one step in and assume to right all of those wrongs in the interest of reviving a tarnished name? Are the rip-off victims supposed to be feeling all warm and fuzzy because someone actually answered the phone, or offers them a super discount on a grill to replace the one they bought and never received? What about the people still scratching their ass over the "lifetime" warranty? Is the warranty responsibility one of the "assets" of Kamado - or another liability that can just be shrugged off *again* as worthless under the new "corporation"? If the latter, then this is no more than SSDD, crafted in a manner that even RJ would be proud of.

Hey...I know of a great deal on a sailboat if you're interested?
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:14 am    

Let's not forget the $10,000 RJ stole from BBQ Guru. I don't suppose the new owners plan to send Shotgun Fred a check?
Kamado Grills

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:26 am    

Nemesis wrote:
Just wondering a few things about this rebirth of Kamado;

Is the new Kamado website going to maintain a forum of their own? You know, like a real forum, not the shill-bait that RJ was running?

Im curious...exactly what are the transferable assets of a company like Kamado? They havent delivered a grill since who knows when... Even if they had a few bags of cement laying around, its gotta be hard as a rock, even in the LV desert. Did they even have molds anymore? Some scrap metal from from one of the demolished hotels? RJs old false teeth?

Seriously, you might get some recognition from the name...but it isnt the kind anyone would want. We have all spent the last 5 years ensuring that. And that name/domain is gonna come with a huge responsibility to make good for the previous fraud.

Exactly how does one step in and assume to right all of those wrongs in the interest of reviving a tarnished name? Are the rip-off victims supposed to be feeling all warm and fuzzy because someone actually answered the phone, or offers them a super discount on a grill to replace the one they bought and never received? What about the people still scratching their ass over the "lifetime" warranty? Is the warranty responsibility one of the "assets" of Kamado - or another liability that can just be shrugged off *again* as worthless under the new "corporation"? If the latter, then this is no more than SSDD, crafted in a manner that even RJ would be proud of.

Hey...I know of a great deal on a sailboat if you're interested?

Yes we plan on having a fully functional forum as we feel it would only help us and help better produce a quality product. As far as assets go, your right....really isnt much at all. We also dont expect anybody to automatically feel warm and fuzzy at the drop of the hat, but time given I hope you will see that we are trying to do right in the name of customer service. But we also have to protect ourselves, as anybody can call us and say they are owed something and we are expecting people to try and take advantage of us...that is expected and came with the territory. As a matter of fact we will begin producing one of the fully paid for back orders out of our pocket in short time and hope to have it to the customer so they can speak on our behalf. Again, we expect skepticism and dont take your stab personal.

Thanks,
Kamado

BTW, if you are willing to have it dredged up lets make a bon fire out of it for everybody to enjoy!
rockdawg

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:10 am    

Kamado Grills wrote:

but time given I hope you will see that we are trying to do right in the name of customer service. But we also have to protect ourselves, as anybody can call us and say they are owed something and we are expecting people to try and take advantage of us...that is expected and came with the territory

If it would help, I can show an invoice and a cancelled check just a month old. I know, I know... but I was desperate to get a new damper top. I finally stopped trying to get it replaced via the 'lifetime guarantee' and tried to buy a new one. The flowerpot and bolt stopgap is getting old.

Anyway, hope you can save the name. As weird as the spring and tube and band solution is and the concrete content and all the rest, they are damned fine cookers all the same.

Clay-
dwebb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:02 pm    

One thing to add is when your 'new' forum is up and running, if we ever catch you deleting a post, it's all over, period. It starts again...
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:15 pm    

Will we be able to join the new forum?

Maybe we can help you get kamado on track.

By the way, what island did the johnsons run off to this time?
Nemesis

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:54 am    

Sorry for the cross-post...

But I would REALLY like this questions answered:

http://kamadofraudforum.org/viewtopic.php?p=10515#10515
Kamado Grills

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:40 pm    

Re: Will we be able to join the new forum?

Unbelievable wrote:
Maybe we can help you get kamado on track.

Come on over for a visit! please be patient as we are still polishing it and have changes to be made as well. Just be kind and abide by the rules.

www.kamado.com/forum

We will post a hyperlink on the landing page of our site soon as well.

Thanks,
John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: