Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

It never stops indeed.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Becky&Phil

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:55 am    

No Pictures?

Nobody can post pictures? Crying or Very sad

Becky&Phil
LakewayK

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:12 am    

Looking through a few of these topics, I see John asking for positive feedback, and it is in this particular thread.

From my own experience, things are quite frustrating, so even if things do resolve with me receiving parts, I am left with a sour taste.

Emails are not returned. If I catch them on GoogleTalk, I can get a reply that something happened. If I send a strident email, I get a reply that something happened. But all that I hear happening are excuses. Parts weren't in. We moved.

The latest reply a week ago, I was promised they would ship right away and I would receive a tracking number. Still waiting.

Here are clippings from correspondence, so you can see the unfolding. Business problems? Probably so. Communication problems? Absolutely.

May 18, 2012 Payment To Kamado Grills Completed

Email:
Jun 1

to Kamado
Hey there:

Just checking for a ship date for the parts. Can you tell me when they will ship?

thanks

No reply. Another Email:
Jun 8

to Kamado
Second follow up:

do you have an estimated ship date for my parts?

thanks
(no reply)

GoogleTalk:
June 8
me: Are you guys going to reply to my emails on delivery? I'm not asking for it this week, but a reply of some type would be nice.
5 minutes
12:22 PM
Kamado: yes, I was actually just reading your email. I have been a one man team as of lately due to some unforeseen circumstances so I apologize. I have your order complete for the most part and am waiting for some gasket material to finish it up for you. I really do appreciate your patience and understanding.

John
12:25 PM
me: Thanks. I understand your being busy and all. I was just looking for some type of response, and was getting concerned.
12:26 PM
Kamado: I really do understand, especially after after having to deal with the "other guys" Rest assured, that you will get your parts shortly an I again really do appreciate the chance to right some the wrongs done previously

john

EMail:
Topic: Delivery update
Jul 9

to Kamado
Any update on the arrival of the high temp gasket? You had mentioned that that was the short item.

thanks
(no reply)

GoogleTalk, July 12
Chat with Kamado Grills

Kamado Grills
Jul 12

2:29 PM
me: Has the high temp gasket arrived?
2:32 PM
I can find a gasket material of my own. Just remove it from the purchase order and ship the other parts. This is getting to be too long
(no response)

Email: Jul 12

to Kamado
You have not replied to a single email. I caught you once on Google Talk.
This is not acceptable.

Last time that you did reply, via GoogleTalk, you said that you were waiting for the high temperature gasket. Skip the gasket. Cancel it and ship my order. I can obtain gasket locally from a Green Egg dealer.

I need a reply to this email acknowledging these changes. I do not wish to have to raise this issue with Paypal and the Kamado complaint bulletin board.

Kamado Grills
Jul 12

to me
I am sorry, we have the gasket and your order ready to go. I will get you a tracking # asap. We really do appreciate you being patient with us.

Thank you,
Kamado Grills

Email: Jul 24

to Kamado
So it's 12 days later. Do you have a tracking number?

This is intolerable.

GoogleTalk:
Kamado Grills
Jul 24
me
5:35 PM
me: Are you sending me my grill parts?
5:40 PM
I have to assume that you will not be sending me my parts. The continued assurances have never been fulfilled.
42 minutes
6:22 PM
Kamado: yes, your order went out today. I will retrieve the tracking # and get it to you asap. I apologize as we have been going through a massive amount of changes to better serve our customers as well as moving in to a new location that is bigger as well. I was away from the computer for a while is why I did not respond to you in a timely fashion and we are fazing out this email address as well. We will be making an announcement soon as well.

Kamado Grills
Jul 24

to me
Hopefully got the message i sent. We moved facilities and found your order and can't say sorry enough. I will get the tracking number asap for you.

Thank you,
Kamado grills

Email: Jul 26

to Kamado
Can you send me the tracking number please?

So there it is. The "parts" are in the mail. I hope. But I don't have a tracking number. Summer is half over and the parts won't be here for me to prep food for a cross country trip. Not too much to ask for, ordering in May. I'm all for the struggling business owner, and if half of the story on Kamado is true, John and his crew have a raw deal.

I'm in marketing, and have been for 20 years. Here's some advice. Don't avoid bad news. Do what you say you're gonna do. If shit happens, get the news out quickly. Bad shit does happen. You find out who the good business people are by how they handle problems. You find out the poor ones by how they avoid dealing with problems or talking about them.

The only delivery you have total control over right now is communication. If the rest of your product is problematic, deal with that. But don't add communication to the pile.

You have said that you were really busy. No doubt. But you had time to reply to this bulletin board, yet not my emails.

If my parts arrive in good condition, I will post on this board.

But you have to remember. Happy customers post reviews 1/10 as often as unhappy customers do. An unfortunate truth.

Oh, and I'm still waiting for the tracking number.
Gerard

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:12 am    

Dammit. Just when you want to root for these guys, something like this keeps popping up.

Predictions:

1) You'll get your parts.
2) Kamado Grills will mewl about how no one ever reports good news and that the few they let slip the cracks get all the attention.

KG: Your credibility is taking a brutal hit with each of these. Unanswered emails, emails languishing in accounts being phased out, unfulfilled promises to promptly provide tracking numbers harken back to a previous time.

Though you're better, more honest, have good intentions, and haven't actually completely defrauded anyone - that's scarcely high praise.

It's what successful businesses do. Consistently. No white lies. No fibs.

You're not excused from rightful consumer expectations simply cause you're trying to resuscitate a brand. We get that most of your transactions are custom made replacement parts and thus not something you've got in stock and that delays happen. But you need to inform customers of delays as they occur, not just when pressed by irate customers.

You might want to rethink your parts business model. Instead of losing money on each part, price 'em so that it's hard to consider doing anything else other than fulfilling the order asap.

If you've got big news that will result in better service - better spill it soon. Otherwise no one may be around to care when it does come out.
Nemesis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:56 am    

A day late

Okay KG. You can see the customers report on their experience with you guys, and it is not pretty. In fact, it is almost EXACTLY what one would expect from RJ and his crew!?

You have come onto this forum, and continuously told us things will be better - are they?

You have said you will communicate - Are you?

You have said you would ship orders - do you?

I have to admit, I am completely skeptical of your ability to make a go of this. Until recently, I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume that you are decent guys, doing your best, but just got in over your head. However, your lack of communication, cryptic hints about "big things coming", and dare I say even lies about order statuses look like you took a page right out of the Johnson's "How to screw people for decades" handbook. So how about just spilling the truth? Whats going on there in Vegas?

I get through your area a few times a year, and back in Feb, your address on Polaris had nary a hint of Kamado construction going on. I took some pictures to share here, but that big nasty mattress you had in the front office made me think you might have had to start living in there - perhaps another victim of RJ - and I didnt want to kick you while you were down.

Now, as of last week, your Polaris facility looks even more abandoned, and the mattress is gone. But perhaps it is encouraging that you at least have some shipping cartons available to ship an order or two.

Then I went around the corner to check out your new address, the Galaxy Outdoor address and was surprised to see an actual established business.

I was hopig to see some kind of Kamado activity in the back lot...maybe a few grills finishing their cure in the Vegas sun, or even a few Kamado parts. But alas, the only stretch I can make is that at least now there is a cement mixer on premise.

And if your customers are REALLY lucky - the three empty bags of refractory in the dumpsters were from you guys actually filling an order, though I suspect they are from a fire pit that BDS sold and DELIVERED. I noticed all kinds of invoices and shipping correspondence to and from customers in the dumpster from BDS/Galaxy, but sadly, nothing that gave me any hope for Kamado Grills.

Whats the story? Are you throwing in the towel, and letting BDS build and ship grills? It looks like they are better prepared to do so? Or did you just take a lesson from RJ and sell your assets to them, and thus the 3 empty refractory bags? Razz
BOOMAROOMA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:42 am    

The silence is deafening !
LakewayK

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:40 am    

On July 24, I was informed that my parts had indeed shipped.

Still no parts. Still no tracking number. Still no email reply.
BeDummy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:10 am    

The pics seem to tell a grim tale!

BD(at least they can't kill this forum)
LakewayK

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:58 pm    

After posting on their Facebook page, they started talking again. There was a story about changing email, etc., etc.. But my parts finally arrived.

It's a shame I had to resort to public shaming to get my parts.

I won't be renovating this grill anymore. That's for sure. Hopefully I get a second 10 years out of it now. Then I'll go to Costco for a Kamado Joe. Costco, lifetime returns for product problems..... (except electronics)
Gerard

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:30 pm    

Thanks for the update. Glad they finally came through.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:59 am    

Costco's return policy is actually not as iron-clad as it says on their website. They take into account the age of the item, the cost of the item, your member history, the condition of the item, etc. according to several accounts on the web. I've heard that before. I'd rather buy from a reputable dealer who could deal with problems rather than have to take the cooker back (possibly finding they won't take it back) and hunting down a new cooker.
Gerard

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:31 pm    

From the Kamado Grills: Facebook Page

You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do.
-Henry Ford
LakewayK

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:35 pm    

Sheesh....
I was given a line about the parts being sent but were returned, blah blah blah.

I just started commenting to every other person who submitted in their Facebook page. Hit 'em all.
Becky&Phil

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:33 pm    

Who's who?

In my quest for satisfaction in my loss to the Johnson's I have discovered what some of you may already know. I have not seen it discussed here; if it’s been covered I apologize. It seems that John and Chris who claim they purchased Kamado without having acquired any of the liabilities are operating in the same physical location as the Johnson’s were operating from. It makes me wonder if John and Chris are just aliases for people we all know and loathe?

Becky and Phil

Becky&Phil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: