Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

What's New is Old Again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:13 am    

What's New is Old Again.

It appears that Kamado Grills are moving in the same old direction. Case in point is this epic thread that goes all the way back to their inception:

http://kamado.com/forum/index.php?topic=56.0

Quote:
Dugger:

Kamado Service / where to begin..have not been able to get response from KAMADO concerning K
« on: November 28, 2011, 03:37:41 PM »

Dear John;

I need to know what you need from me to restart my paid for order #10927. Please contact me. I have been locked out since 2010. I hope this post will succeed where all else has failed...

THANKS, Doug

Quote:
Dugger:

Introductions / Thank you, John & Chris!
« on: December 01, 2011, 07:00:37 PM »

I just wanted to express my appreciation for your response to my personnel situation and as it seems a considerable number of others. I have been in limbo since AUG OF 2009 -- SO YOU CAN ONLY IMAGINE HOW IT FEELS TO BE ACKNOWLEDGED BY BOTH JOHN AND CHRIS BY PHONE AND FORUM. I wish you success through what has to be a difficult start. I wish I could help!I am again anticipating KOOKING in SE Nebraska!!! dugger in waiting

It sounds like the new guys are going to help this guy out. But then a disturbing trend starts to develop:

Quote:
Dugger:

Kamado Service / Re: where to begin..have not been able to get response from KAMADO concerning K
« on: March 01, 2012, 03:07:40 PM »

Good morning Chris and John,

I am checking back in with you for an update. Can you tell me any thing more about when or if I might expect my K? some idea would be appreciated ....
Thanks from DUGGER in NEBRASKA

This goes on well into summer, some 7 months into this situation. Finally a response:

Quote:

KamadoJohn - Administrator

Re: HOPING YOU ARE GOING TO FOLLOW THROUGH ....
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 05:51:21 PM »

It was good to speak to you today. We really have been trying to get through this and to get to your order. We have been overwhelmed with parts ordersfrom people wanting to test the waters and see if they can trust us. We havent had time to build stock units as they leave as fast as we can build the as well. We have really improved the product amd pride ourselves on that, and now we are trying to reduce costs as well without sacrificing the product. We will not send out a sub par product and that is the biggest reason we didnt ship for the first 4 months.... We look forward to getting past the negativity and moving in a positive direction. Thanks for your continued patients.

Sorry for grammer errors...on my phone

Galaxy Outdoor
4425 Dean Martin Rd
Las Vegas, Nv. 89103
702-448-5600
John@galaxyoutdoor.com

Quote:
Dugger:

Re: HOPING YOU ARE GOING TO FOLLOW THROUGH ....
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 10:24:26 PM »

O.K. GUYS,
I very much appreciate your taking time to sort of fill me in and calm me down...
It's rather obvious that few of us understand/believe what you must be enduring in order to get past the baggage presented to you from the infamous RJ and gang.
That being said, I again can only imagine the effort on your part to overcome the lack of support, more like kick in the gut by those of us involved or just observing, this forum intended to resolve issues and move on.

It seems to me that maybe those of us that have experienced some results, NEED to step-up, take a few minutes to post some appreciation for your help, parts, info, K's whatever that has come our way by John and Chris so far.

Again, how can it hurt to build up this new VegasKamado we so much would love to see thrive---

ANYWAY, as one fellow Nebraskan says...WAIT FOR IT>>> Let's see if we all can " GIT ER DONE"
DUGGER IN NEBRASKA

But then... silence. Until...

Quote:
Festero:

Re: where to begin..have not been able to get response from KAMADO concerning K
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2012, 12:12:00 AM »

Looks like Dugger hasn't posted since Sept 21, 2012. Maybe he got his situation resolved? Or maybe not?

Dugger - please give us an update and let us know where things stand.

Quote:
Dugger:

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2012, 03:29:21 PM

good morning all...FYI I asked John for an update on Oct 26. He replied on Oct 31, "still trying to work in that direction. We didn't forget you" SOOO... I am still anticipating" HAPPY DAY "soon! still have no info of what to expect? ? in waiting DUGGER IN NEBRASKA

Kamadogrills does pop in to answer posts occasionally, but never these:

Quote:
Dugger"

Reply #19 on: November 19, 2012, 03:23:13 PM »

Good Morning John

I would like to request from you a time frame, specific time frame, that you will actually follow thru with your

plan to build and ship K7 we began last year. PLEASE tell me the when, and what to expect, as time just continues to go by! I appreciate your willingness and good will in our continued long term communication, but results will really mean something to me. DUGGER IN NEBRASKA

Quote:

Reply #20 on: December 04, 2012, 01:19:49 AM »

Would you please let me know....what you will do and when? Dugger Still holding on to HOPE. In NEBRASKA. Thanx

Quote:

Reply #21 on: December 12, 2012, 03:06:17 PM »

Merry Christmas>>soon. me again,, anything to tell me? DUGGER IN NEBRASKA

Quote:

Reply #22 on: Today at 01:00:55 AM »

OK>....What ? I don't know what else I can do to receive a response... Maybe, how much will it cost to start
my order? and complete , ship order You haven't forgot? Sorry, my attitude is slipping, I will wait again>>>>> DUGGER

Gotta admire his persistence.

Granted, Kamdo Grills had this to say in November (a year out):

Quote:
KamadoJohn - Administrator:

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2012, 04:14:11 PM »

...not to beat a dead horse, but we did not take his original order or his money. We also did not purchase the company with its problems, instead we only picked up a few assets and were short changed on that....imagine that. Everything we do for dugger is purely out of good will.

If you would like to place an order, feel free to place an order with us. Your payment will be taken the same day your parts are shipped and you will have a UPS tracking # to back the order as well. We have had to do this on parts orders and it has had a very positive feedback from the customers.

We have nothing to do with the "old" owners and actually make and ship parts to customers on the daily. I am sorry if I come off a bit brash. It has been very tough to try and separate ourselves from the "old" owners....even after we built and shipped numerous units to customers that were not ours originally on our dime.

But this ignores the fact that they did make some promises and that they have simply not followed through.

Doing "NOTHING" purely out of good will, does not earn you any good will.

What looked to be a promising turn of events last year now appears dead in the water. It's hard to tell if they even have a business anymore, based on the level of non-activity at their site and facebook page. We've tried to give these folks a break and a lot of leeway because getting a new business up and running takes a lot of time and hard work. But it's been over a YEAR now... so the honeymoon is over.

It's time for Dugger accept his loss and go find a more reliable brand.

Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: