Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Kamado Forum Trolls??

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IPA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:55 pm    

Kamado Forum Trolls??

I got to ask this question. Apparently all owners of Kamados somehow turn into trolls when they have a problem and the kompany does nothing to help?? Whew, I am sure glad I sold mine when I did so I did not contract that deadly disease. It will be interesting to see just how many of the finger pointers turn into to trolls down the road?

Quote:
Rodan
Post Number: 416
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 11:46 am:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Thanks Alan. I spotted that latest imposter too. It was a little too obvious. I considered commenting to that effect, but decided not to feed the Troll.

As always, thanks for all of your work to keep the forum a friendly and pleasant place to visit.
Rod

I guess this is code for cleansing of unfavorable posts that could show the kompany is ignoring it's customer service duties - hmm.

Quote:
As always, thanks for all of your work to keep the forum a friendly and pleasant place to visit.
Gerard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:33 pm    

Yep, any owner with a problem is a troll.

You must be kinda slow cause it's all been spelled out in the forum policy. Apparently you don't understand:

Quote:

The underlying “rule” is that this forum is a place where FRIENDS of Kamado Company, its employees, and other Kamado “family” forum members are invited as GUESTS.

<SNIP>

--Richard Johnson

Do you see OWNERS listed anywhere in that list? Dropping a thousand or more dollars on one of their cookers does not qualify anyone for friend status.

Besides,

Quote:

...This forum is NOT intended to be “business”, but rather a place to visit among friends and make friends....

...Business is business and this forum is NOT business. It is a meeting place for friends and the Kamado family....

--Richard Johnson

Troubles with their product or their service qualifies as business. Nevermind that an owner may have no other practical recourse. Nevermind that they may be out a thousand or more bucks. "Business is business and this forum is NOT business."

Hope it's clear now. Don't trouble us with this again.
IPA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:08 pm    

Oh, I got it!

Ok, ok, I got it now! So you have chronic troll syndrome (cts) then? Laughing

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/index.php/Chronic_Troll_Syndrome
Gerard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:35 pm    

Oh, CTS!!!
ROTFLMAO!
Don't do that again... you made the milk squirt out my nose! I think I even peed a little. Heehaw... ya got me there, good buddy!
IPA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:58 pm    

Hehe

Quote:
Oh, CTS!!!
ROTFLMAO!
Don't do that again... you made the milk squirt out my nose! I think I even peed a little. Heehaw... ya got me there, good buddy!

Sorry Buddy, you had it coming!
Nemesis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:26 pm    

I guess its on!

Its official. I am no loger a 'friend" of the Kamado Company. My account is suspended. So here I am...lets party!
IPA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:35 pm    

Re: I guess its on!

Quote:
["Nemesis"]Its official. I am no loger a 'friend" of the Kamado Company. My account is suspended. So here I am...lets party!

Hehe, that seems to be a badge of honor here now. I still do not have that badge yet; but then again I am rather quiet over there.
Porkchop

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:09 am    

honestly, its just pointless posting anything over there anymore. lately, i've been seeing a thread there talking about how great the lifetime warranty is over there.

try to post anything different, it's deleted. i guess that i wouldn't want anybody posting to the contrary on my proprietary forum. and deleting problems is alot easier than solving them.

what gets me is when i read about others there that have gotten "great" customer service. why them and not me? what wrong did i commit? i try to warn others, and it does no good. they still drink the koolaid.

i really find it hard to put into words the frustration i feel (still) when i see "warranty" posts over there. between telling potential buyers to disregard any need for a warranty because the mexi-K will "last a lifetime", and telling them how virtuous the RJ crew is, and it's a smile and a handshake, not some legal thing; it turns my stomach.

people don't even pick up the obvious BS about a "non-business" forum. RJ and company owes tons of sales to the presence of that website. its NOTHING BUT business. and there's nothing wrong with having a forum that promotes your business. but i guess if you need an excuse to exclude last-ditch attempts to get any greivances satisfied, that's a "good" one.

for those reading this, if you can't get ahold of anybody there, don't even bother trying the site. YOU AREN'T ALLOWED. go straight to the Better Business Bureau. they will try to help by acting as liason/3rd party.
IPA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:51 am    

Maybe Not Completely Pointless

Just an observation here. I think maybe just human nature, but it seems the harder/faster someone runs at a person, the harder/faster they run away. They cannot see you are just trying to help them; only a big harry dude heading straight for them - hehehe. I am wondering if that might not be the case here? Or maybe some are offended in the sense, "how dare you question my decision"? And lastly some are just suffering from ostrich syndrome. But whatever the case, maybe a more subtle approach would work? Simply dropping a PM with a link? If it peaks a person's interest, they might be more out to investigate on their own. Rather than them "chalking it up to the rantings of someone with an agenda" (in their minds), some folks just like ideas better when they think it is their own.

Not saving all who would get disappointed, but it would help some. I think that seems to be what most folks want here, just to help someone else out from having to go through a bad experience?
Porkchop

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:32 am    

most of the time, i drop them a PM. i try not to be too, uh, caveman-ish, but i guess it's just my nature. hit with club; repeat til dead; hit once more for good measure. i guess i go on that way; point by point, hammering my argument forward. its hard for me to accept that folks just don't see the bs in front of them. they accept things like actually paying for special stuff to repair stuff on their cooker that should be under warranty. how is that fair?

i guess i might just be a little down. the 4th wasn't the party i'm used to having. just being low, and you read that junk. folks all gotta make their own decisions and all. ah, well.

at least i got to have a porkchop sammich for lunch today!
IPA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:38 am    

Sounds Good!

Quote:
at least i got to have a porkchop sammich for lunch today!

Sounds good, porkchops are a favorite here. I am frying some up tonight for supper and will have them leftover tomorrow either for biscuits or sandwiches!

You know we are all so jealous you got a new grill coming in very soon! Mine still is not made yet, so my wait is killing me.
Gerard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:43 pm    

Porkchop,

You really summed up my feelings in your first post in this thread. I share your indignation and disgust at what constitutes business as usual at the Kamado company. And it depresses the hell out of me.

I've written off the company ever voluntarily reforming. I want to see it either go belly up or I want to be part of the vocal outrage that forces it to honor its commitments and right its many wrongs.

But the forum is what really raises my bile. And you're dead right... it is business. It sells more kamados than any other marketing ploy the company has used. I can't fathom that frustrated OWNERS of their product cannot voice their grievances there. And I can't fathom that that practice is accepted by its participants.

I know the forum is partially populated by folks with vested financial interests. In those individuals, those interests apparently override basic ethics. I guess that's a product of the company they keep. That's life. Sad, but I can deal with that.

But I'm most disappointed in the other members. Clueless newbies that are enraptured with their purchase don't count. They'll simply parrot what they've heard. I remember doing it myself many years ago.

But it's the others. Those that have been around a while and fail to denounce the company's practices. They either think it's okay to help market a fraudulent company OR they have dismissed owners with major complaints as liars.

The former is shameful. Fraud should always be denounced. Continuing to participate simply helps perpetuate the fraud.

But the latter, the concept that despite mounting numbers, all owners with major issues are lying, is insulting. I hope that anyone that automatically presumes that you, or I, or Chaz, or whoever, have lied about our experiences will some day taste the treatment we have known.
Curly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:51 am    

One guy emailed me and said they accused him of being drunk on the forum when he was trying to discuss a cs issue. So there Gerard, they don't call everybody a liar...sometimes they just say you're a drunk Embarassed
Porkchop

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:51 am    

gerard, it really helps knowing that someone really understands. seriously, you put into words exactly how i feel.

i remember even when first on that board, seeing folks asking for help, and sticking up for them. i already had my mexi-k, and was happy, but i could still see that these others were being treated poorly.

not trying to blow my own horn, but to actually make a point. folks have to make a choice whether or not to see what's really going on. it was obvious to me when i was a satisfied customer. i knew that, even tho i was satisfied, others were getting shafted. many think, because they've never had a problem, that anyone who posts with a problem MUST be a crank. i don't understand that perspective. one has to be pretty dense to think that way, or purposefully obtuse.
Curly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:25 am    

Yep, that was me. I would take up for the people who were being shut down. I finally got fed up and deleted my own ID. It was probably as pleasurable as having my new ID deleted.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: