Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

slimy lump

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Charcoal K-tastrophy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foxhound

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:54 pm    

slimy lump

Quote:
Posted on Saturday, August 05, 2006 - 9:40 am:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Richard,

Took delivery of extruded coconut charcoal on Friday, Aug 4th at the San Diego warehouse. Have opened about 20 of the boxes. There is moisture in various amounts in all the boxes and varying amounts of mildew ranging all the way to slimy scummy goop covering the tops and sides of the charcoal in over half the boxes opened thus far. Seems like the charcoal was not dry when packed then the plastic inside the boxes kept the moisture in the box which turned to mildew as it cooked in the container. Generall pretty disappointed in this shipment.

Larry

This thread is typical..... it is followed by suggestions for him to dry it out and how harmless the mold is and dismissing the fact that the guy bought in excess of 20 boxes of lump that was in poor shape. No offer to adjust the price for the damaged product. I believe these people would buy moldy meat from RJ and belittle anyone who complained.
Gerard

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:38 pm    

Yeah, I've been watching the charcoal thread too. Sure wish someone would post a photo of charcoal coated in "slimy scummy goop." I've been hesitant to mention the moldy charcoal dilemma 'cause it's so trivial compared to some of the nightmares the Kompany is responsible for.

But it's been slow on the K forum and its all we have to work with Crying or Very sad . No one has complained of a crumbling K in weeks and so the fanboys haven't had to circle the wagons and tear someone a new one for having the audacity to share their troubles.

So let's hear about more charcoal problems. Razz Razz Razz
foxhound

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:56 pm    

crumbling firebox

Gerard...did you see Huck's post about the firebox in his #3 disintegrating? They left it on the forum and Laura told him to call her about it.
Nemesis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:18 pm    

So she could get his Cc number to replace it...right PorkChop?
foxhound

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:09 pm    

more slimmy lump

These two posts on the K forum today regarding slimmy lump:

Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 10:54 am:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
I also received a pallet of extruded coconut that was wet and had a mold on it. It has an odor and I don't know what to do about it. I have sent 2 emails to Kamado and have not received an answer to either one. I spent over $500 with the cost of the product and the shipping and don't have too much to show for it. Maybe Richard will read this and give me some options because I am running out of patience.

Srlollar
Associate Member
Post Number: 16
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 2:07 pm:

I only received 6 boxes of the charcoal (they forgot to include the additional 10 boxes) but all 6 had mold on the first layer. So basically I only got 3 boxes for the price of 6

And RJ posted this back in mid July that he inspects every box:

Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 10:44 am:

Sj65gia, yes, I would suggest opening them up if you find or suspect any moisture. Yes, you certainly can burn it off. Please contact me directly at richardj@kamado.com if you wish to discuss this further. Thanks

For your information we have made considerable changes in packaging and inspection of the container for leaks before shipment. On the container arriving next week I will inspect each box for moisture. We have shipped 13 containers without problem, and the last one was the only one I was not there to de-van the container.

Way to follow through RJ.. Shocked .
tcoliver

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:01 am    

I promise you RJ never inspects crap, the old SOB hardly ever leaves his house!!!
curly

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:23 am    

His Lump Guarantee

Our Guarantee
No expense has been spared, no corner has been cut. We’ve done everything to make Kamado coconut shell charcoal the best cooking charcoal in the world.

We guarantee you’ll agree, or we’ll take back whatever you haven’t used for a full refund (you pay return shipping).
Gerard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:06 pm    

Re: His Lump Guarantee

Kamado Company/Corporation/LLC/ClusterF*ck (or whatever they're calling themselves now) wrote:
Our Guarantee
No expense has been spared, no corner has been cut. We’ve done everything to make Kamado coconut shell charcoal the best cooking charcoal in the world.

We guarantee you’ll agree, or we’ll take back whatever you haven’t used for a full refund (you pay return shipping).

Return Shipping??? On a GD box of charcoal??? Doesn't shipping a box of that charcoal cost MORE than the charcoal itself? Especially if it's got an extra couple of pounds of Asian water in it Razz ???Can't someone just call and say my charcoal is soupy and sucks and how fcking dare you suggest that I dry it out or ship it back??? Can't they just email a photo documenting the shitty charcoal???

Requiring return shipping is just like the previously employed practice of demanding customers return their crumbling kamados for warranty claims.... it's just part of the scam and yet another way of delaying and dodging those claims.
curly

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:26 pm    

Very Happy Very Happy
curly

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:49 am    

Kmj
Post Number: 9

To; All on the Orlando Split Pallet Order.

The Daytona Group has canceled their order for 60 boxes Extruded Coconut Charcoal

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------

Kirby Jones
Scott_fl
Post Number: 4

Posted on Friday, September 22, 2006 - 10:39 am:

I presume the 60 boxes was part of the order being sent to Florida, correct? When everyone at Kamado is back on Monday I will call for details and see if I can get in on this order. I was hoping to buy 20 boxes but will go higher if it helps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------

Bbq_foley
Associate Member
Post Number: 17

I was in for 30 boxes to Orlando. I do not blame the Daytona group for canceling their order.
I think this whole thing is a joke. I have been very patient, but my patient is running out. If I do not get a answer by Tuesday I will be out also. I would like to know how the Daytona Group canceled their order. I have not been able to talk to anybody from Kamado. I hope Daytona post something about how they did cancel the order.

Fetzervalve

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:51 am    

Shhh... hold it... is that a fat lady warming up??

>>imagine picture of fat lady singing<<

Can we not insert pictures without having them hosted? I can't seem to figure it out.
Gerard

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:34 am    

Fetzervalve wrote:

>>imagine picture of fat lady singing<<

Actually I imagine a whole crowd on a mountaintop, "NaNaNaNa, NaNaNaNa, Hey Hey Hey, Good-bye!"

But then reality sets in: They been circling the drain for years... all he needs is one more dope investor* to float him for a few more months and then he'll have another fire sale and then he'll find another dupe and then another sale and we'll be having this chat again next year.

*No offense, TC.
Shhh... Quiet!
Did you hear that?
Could it be???!!!
I think your stock just split again!
HELLO Easy Street!
foxhound

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:09 am    

"*No offense, TC.
Shhh... Quiet!
Did you hear that?
Could it be???!!!
I think your stock just split again!
HELLO Easy Street!

Gerard you are mean....kicking people when they are down. You could end up with bad K Karma!

The rest of what you said is right on. It is just my opinion, but their forum is dying. The threads involving cooking are getting more infrequent and the threads involving problematic lump orders, meridian orders, how to repairs and problems with customer service are increasing. The whole 'tone' of that forum is changing.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Charcoal K-tastrophy All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: