Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

new york fraud

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Rip-Off Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
schopfung

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:05 pm    

new york fraud

ordered a kamado and a ton of extras in may -
no emails - no replies - for months - finally an explanation that it was shipped and the shipper cannot be found.
i sent them almost 2 grand!
this is really a problem - are these people for real - are they buried in orders and just falling apart or scam artists just robbing newcomers every day?
crackheads?
someone is going to **** them.
curly

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:05 pm    

Well, they may go under anyday, let's just hope your order makes it through. Honestly, if you paid by credit card...and most do, I'd cancel the order and get a refund from the credit card company. Even if you get the Kamado, the tiles will probably fall off soon or the thing is libel to just crack down the middle. I've seen to many emails from ex-employees who were jilted and said the things aren't cured properly to begin with.

But they do sell the grills, and typically...although always late, they do ship them out eventually. But check out these 2 operations and tell me which you would rather order from. One has product in the states, the other....well, you know about the other, you've already ordered from them, Sanford and Sons.

Here's the Sanford and Sons operation. That one with the cracked top is probably yours. This is really the Mexi-K operation and those are truely the product sitting outside in what is called, "The Kiln". There's only one mexican guy left that comes in once a month (if they have enough pesos to pay him) and quickly sticks some tiles on a clay pot, then he's off to his real job.

And just out of curiosity, have you complained about it on the forum and had your posts removed Shocked And they are telling you the shipper cannot be found Very Happy. That's a new one, haven't heard that one yet...they are definately running out of excuses wouldn't you say Shocked

And here's a ligitimate company as the grills are being made. Now take an honest look at those 2 photos and then tell me you would have ordered from Sanford and Sons if you knew about the other one. Now pick up the phone and call the credit card company and get that refund Very Happy Your lucks turning around my friend.

tcoliver

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:11 am    

Just read

Just read this forum, it should explain it all. They are all of the above. Well I'm not sure about the crackhead part but it may explain a lot of things.
Fetzervalve

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:27 am    

Do it today!!

schopfung,

I got the runaround for over 1 month (only). I cut my losses and cancelled my deposit. In about 2 weeks (could have been less) from my initial contact with Dennis (KK) I have a cooker on my deck! If you choose a color from stock - lots of nice ones in stock and more on the way, you could literally have one in no time at all. In fact, I think you are in CA - the KK's are in Los Angeles.

Git-R-Dun Very Happy
Porkchop

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:08 am    

Re: new york fraud

schopfung wrote:
ordered a kamodo and a ton of extras in may -
no emails - no replies - for months - finally an explanation that it was shipped and the shipper cannot be found.
this is really a problem - are these people for real - are they buried in orders and just falling apart or scam artists just robbing newcomers every day?
crackheads?
someone is going to kill them.

while it may not actually help you, you could report them to the San Diego BBB online at http://www.sandiego.bbb.org/. apparantly, Kamado Corp (or whatever they are now) totally ignore the BBB as well (according to their BBB file http://www.sandiego.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=23002427&language=1)  , so you will probably not get satisfaction, but who knows?
curly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:43 am    

Re: new york fraud

Porkchop wrote:
schopfung wrote:
ordered a kamodo and a ton of extras in may -
crackheads?
someone is going to kill them.

while it may not actually help you, you could report them to the San Diego BBB online at http://www.sandiego.bbb.org/. apparantly, Kamado Corp (or whatever they are now) totally ignore the BBB as well (according to their BBB file http://www.sandiego.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=23002427&language=1)  , so you will probably not get satisfaction, but who knows?

Well, it's just the right thing to do. If more people who had problems did it, many of the folks who are now having problems may have never bought. Just do it! Embarassed
missing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:20 pm    

If in New York

If you are in New York, you might want to file a complaint with the New York Attorney Generals office. This office is very aggressive in the pursuit of fraud.

If you were dealing with crack heads, you would be dealing with a person of integrity who is just a dope fiend. When dealing with this organization, you are dealing with a organized group of thieves. Nothing less, and not very good ones at that. Get your money back ASAP. Remember death is an easy out, there are a lot worse things to experience in life than death. One can only hope this organization gets the full treatment.

Good Luck
Gerard

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:53 pm    

Re: If in New York

missing wrote:
...Remember death is an easy out, there are a lot worse things to experience in life than death....

Awww.... Geee.... who let Missing out of his cage?

Such a happy, funny thread with a comparison of the Mexi-K Company to Sanford and Son! And then you had to go and get all medieval on us.

Bad Missing! Back to your crate!

Information and humor are our weapons here. (Though the NY Attorney General complaint is a good idea).
Porkchop

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:59 pm    

Re: If in New York

Gerard wrote:
(Though the NY Attorney General complaint is a good idea).

this is a great idea! i am glad that missing suggested. it's kinda like getting legal advice from the tazmanian devil! i'm picturing him standing over a black pot with RJ tied up in it stewing, and he's cutting up carrots and potatoes, and...

mmmm mmmmmm, i smell rabbit stew!

AND, way i read it, sounds like missing is talking our NY friend out of doing something rash; suffering financial ruin, finally being cornered and having to face those that he has swindled, finally having all his dirty secrets and conniving outted for all to see? that is a fate WORSE than death for someone like rj.

that's what i hear coming from missing!
missing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:06 pm    

Thanks glad somebody can see the light

One thing to make sure it is understand, I am not giving legal advice, or any kind, construed or misconstrued. I am just offering an opinion. This is a forum to offer opinions and observations. That is my intent. Remember, "Its a joke son, Its a joke, take it easy"

gerard,

sorry you missed the correct tone for the post. somehow I fail to see the medieval aspect, but in your skewed view who knows how you come up with these assumptions. get out in the sunshine a little, don't hide behind that screen, the air & sunshine will do you good.

porkchop,

glad to see that you found the true intent or as close as possible in this type of forum. you are correct, the NY guy should remember "cool heads prevail" nothing more, nothing less. Nobody is going to kill anybody over a crappy kamado. No matter how much it may seem like right at the time. RJ is not too far from the grave, he is not exactly a spring chicken. If he has gotten away with what he has done to the members of this group, then I can imagine, it is only like a serial child molester, this group is the just the tip of the iceberg of crimes by this RJ/family organizational unit. He has perfected the art of thievery to a pretty semi-sophisticated level. Guy takes Portland cement, slaps some tiles and grout on them. Concocts a story for the masses and uses the internet to market. Not only that, he swindles people, then has the rest of the flock singing his praises. Pretty crafty and he isn't a dope dealer or a pimp, that we know of at this point. Too much money in this grift he has perfected.
Gerard

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:08 am    

Re: Thanks glad somebody can see the light

missing wrote:
....That is my intent. Remember, "Its a joke son, Its a joke, take it easy"

gerard,

sorry you missed the correct tone for the post. somehow I fail to see the medieval aspect, but in your skewed view who knows how you come up with these assumptions. get out in the sunshine a little, don't hide behind that screen, the air & sunshine will do you good.

Oops. I apparently mistook your identity and therefore misunderstood your post. Your writing style made me think of a previous poster that was a bit extreme in his animus toward the Johnsons. Sorry that I assigned a darker meaning to your words.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Rip-Off Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: