Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Kamado Corp's record, San Diego Better Business Bureau

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Porkchop

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:36 am    

Kamado Corp's record, San Diego Better Business Bureau

http://www.sandiego.bbb.org/search.html

enter "Kamado Corp" for the "Company Name Search"

results? here's a sample:

"Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record"

in my correspondance with the company concerning my warranty issues, David (their rep) seemed to think that their record with BBB was spotless. i guess, like many of the faithful there, he doesn't know Kamado Corp as well as he thinks...

incidently, the complaint made to the BBB is not mine, but, now that I know there's an online submission form, I'll be contacting them posthaste.

caveat emptor
Porkchop

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:24 am    

Here's my complaint; very easy to do

Please allow up to thirty days to hear from the Bureau regarding your complaint.

Note: Please check the information below, and go back and change as necessary using the navigation bar on the left side of the complaint form.. When correct press "Submit" Below to submit your complaint to the BBB. You will receive a confirmation e-mail after submitting.

Customer Information:

Michael Soule
15 Aaaaaaa Aaaaa
Aaaaa Aaaaa
IL,USA,61###
DayTime Phone : (217)###-####
porkchop@porkchopbbq.com

Company Information
Kamado Corporation
2375 Paseo De Las America
San Diego, CA, UNITED STATES, 92154

Complaint Information
Complaint Type: General Complaint
Date Received: 5/22/2006
Primary Complaint Classification: Guarantee or Warranty Issues
Secondary Complaint Classification: Advertising
Complaint:
My first email was written as a request for warranty satisfaction on a part (fire box) guaranteed not to break for life under normal use.

They replied that the part was not covered, as I removed it from the cooker, and would have to purchase new. There is no documentation indicating the warranty is voided when the firebox is removed. They also tried to convince me that the BBQ is designed to keep the broken pieces of the firebox forced together to allow it to continue to operate. Information concerning the design on their website says something else.

After a second complaint, they offered to replace part, provided I admit fault and provide shipping charges. I refused, as I felt it would be wrong to admit I was at fault, and could further damage any future attempts at warranty satisfaction for other parts of this cooker.

Advertising materials concerning the durability of the part in question as published on www.kamado.com state:

http://www.kamado.com/FAQ.htm
item IX part 3, "Will the firebox burn out? Other parts? No. The firebox is made of refractory ceramics that are unaffected by heat"

item XV, "Is There a Lifetime Guarantee? Yes. We guarantee your Kamado will never "burn out" or become brittle with use as the clay Kamado's of old."

remarks from my correspondance with their rep:

"We don't ever recommend removing the firebox since it becomes brittle from constant contact with hot charcoal coals."

"No material can stand up to that heat without some sort of problem"

concerning the design of the firebox:
http://www.kamado.com/Description.htm
under "Firebox", "It rests on a ledge in the base at the engineered and proper location below the grill"

remarks from my correspondance with their rep:

"we make it in such a way that it is held
together by being jammed or squeezed into place by the side and shape of the walls of the Kamado cooker."

Full records of my correspondance via email are available on request, or at my website http://www.porkchopbbq.com
Desired Settlement: No Settlement Requested - For BBB Info Only
Desired Settlement Explanation :
I'm filing this complaint in hopes that others considering doing business with this company be warned that they do not uniformly honor their warranty, and that their claims concerning the durability of their ceramics are untrue.
Customer Service Rep: Mr.David Mowrer,
Product or Service: Ceramic BBQ cooker
Model Number: #7
Account Number:
Order Number:
Salesperson:
Payment Made: Yes
Purchase Price:
Disputed Amount:
Payment Method: Credit
Purchase Date: 6/14/2002
Problem Date: 2/1/2006
Complaint Dates: 2/10/2006,2/13/2006

The Bureau that will handle your Complaint is :
BBB of San Diego
5050 Murphy Canyon, Ste. 110
San Diego,CA 92123
Email: complaints@sandiego.bbb.org
URL: www.sandiego.bbb.org
Phone: (858)496-2131
Fax: (858)496-2141
Porkchop

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:55 am    

somebody else just complained to the san diego BBB and they have added it to their report

they never added mine, as i was not asking for help in getting a problem resolved, but just giving my complaint for informational purposes.

that's the real reason they're there; when someone stonewalls you, you need outside help. when the BBB can't get a response from a company, that's a big ol' red light.

a little different than anecdotal evidence coming from someone (like me) that may have an axe to grind. BBB is impartial.
Char-Woody

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:14 pm    

It might have been someone I know real close to me..Heeeee
You might say he gets under my skin continuously....
Yeh.. I dropped a few inquires here and there in California.
They want more information if there are any laws, or evidence of illegal activity that would warrant further investigation... I think thats what I got in return.
I would think the fraudulent issues of paper stock in a worthless adventure would be enough.
C~W
tcoliver

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:45 pm    

Here is my complaint

Submit Complaint

Please review all of the information below. If any of it is incorrect, click your browser's button to change the information. Otherwise, click Submit to send your complaint to the local BBB.
Consumer Information
Title: Mr.
First Name: Anthony
Middle Name: John
Last Name: Oliver
Suffix:
Address: xxxxxxxxxx
Address 2:
City: SNELLVILLE
State: Georgia
Zip/Postal Code: 30039
Daytime Phone: xxxxxxx
Evening Phone: xxxxxxx
Fax: xxxxxxxxxx
Email: xxxxxxxxxxx
Business Information
Business ID: 1186-0023002427
Name: Kamado Corporation
Address: 2375 Paseo De Las Americas #3310
City: San Diego
State/County: CA
Zip/Postal Code: 92154

Problem
Please provide a BRIEF, FACTUAL DESCRIPTION of the problem you experienced. If you are notifying the BBB of an advertising claim that you believe is inaccurate or misleading, include the date and location of the advertisement.
1. Primary Classification:
Contract Disputes

2. Secondary Classification:
Refund Practices

3. Problem:
There are MANY issues with Kamado Corporation. I know several have already been noted here, especially the customer service issues and the warranty issues. My issue is that Richard Johnson made a business deal with me and I sent him $35,000 and then he reneged on the deal and never refunded my money. He also sold me stock which I believe to be bogus. Even though my story is well documented he is still soliciting other customers or potential investors to help support his business. Unfortunately I feel these poor victims will also not recieve what they are promised and will be taken for their money. Richard Johnson has a long history of doing these types of things (Unfortunatly I did not find this out until recently). They have since moved their company to Mexico to try to avoid creditors but still have a San Diego adress. My goal is to warn as many people as possible to NOT invest with Kamado and be taken as I was. If there is any legal recourse to recoup my money I would be willing to hear that too. Thanks for your help. Tony Oliver

Complaint Background

Not all of these questions are required. Please provide as much information as you have.
1. Product/Service Purchased:
2. Model Number:
3. Contract, Account, or Policy #:
4. Order #:
5. Purchase Date:
6. Date Problem First Occurred:

Dates you complained to the company/organization

7. First Date: 2/1/2003
8. Second Date: 6/1/2003
9. Third Date: 8/1/2005
10. Payment Made: Yes
11. Payment Method: Check

Name of Sales Person

12. Title: Mr.
13. First Name: Richard
14. Middle Name:
15. Last Name: Johnson
16. Suffix:
17. Purchase Price: $45,000.00
18. Disputed Amount: $45,000.00

Desired Outcome
Enter your DESIRED OUTCOME below. Please keep your description within the box provided, without scrolling. A summary of your complaint is preferred, as the BBB will contact you if they need additional details. Mandatory fields are followed by a RED "*".
1. Desired Settlement:
Refund

2. Desired Outcome:
Be refunded my investment of $35,000 and my Stock investment of $10,000

If all of the above information is correct, click Submit to submit your complaint.

Complaint Form About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Trademarks | Terms & Conditions of Use | Contact Us
© 2006 Council of Better Business Bureaus, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
tcoliver

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:11 pm    

Here is also my complaint to the SEC

U.S. Securities and Exchange Commissio .
Thank you!
This response confirms that the Division of Enforcement of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission has received your complaint.
We are always interested in hearing from members of the public, and you may be assured that the matter you have raised is being given careful consideration in view of the Commission's overall enforcement responsibilities under the federal securities laws. It is, however, the Commission's policy to conduct its inquiries on a confidential basis. The Commission conducts its investigations in this manner to preserve the integrity of its investigative process as well as to protect persons against whom unfounded charges may be made or where the Commission determines that enforcement action is not necessary or appropriate. Subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act, the existence or non-existence of an investigation as well as information which may be gathered thereunder is not disclosed unless made a matter of public record in proceedings brought before the Commission or in the courts.
Should you have any additional information or questions pertaining to this matter, please feel free to communicate directly with the undersigned at 450 Fifth Street, N. W., Washington, D.C. 20549-0908 or via e-mail at enforcement@sec.gov. We appreciate your interest in the work of the Commission and its Division of Enforcement.
Very truly yours,
SI
John Reed Stark
Chief, Office of Internet Enforcement
Home I Previous Page
[/img]
curly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:13 pm    

Dang Tony, it hurts me to read that, I know it must still tug at your anger strings Confused
tcoliver

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:21 pm    

Its OK

KKF, KK and the soon to be K.biz websites give me piece of mind and make me laugh about it all. Its too bad there are people like RJ out there and there are people like me that fall into their traps. Its human nature unfortunatley. You live and learn. I've been told by many people it doesn't make you a bad person or a stupid person if you get burned by crooks like RJ, it just makes you feel that way. I'm over it now and focused on letting everyone know of his cowardly acts.
curly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:09 pm    

Yeah, this way is better

I wasn't insenuating that at all. In fact, there's this wonderful builder that I hired to build my log cabin who stole 15K (or so, depending how you look at it) from me. I fight my anger on that deal all the time. I'm not gonna get it back! He owes a lot of other people, went to the hospital due to the stress, he's in bad shape after stealing from Peter to pay Paul...I was Peter, not Paul. Yeah, it's tough because we all have to trust people in this world, and there are too many RJ's around willing to steal from us honest folk. It's mostly pride on my part. When I get to thinking to hard about it I want to do very bad things to that man because who does he think he screwed over anyway, I ain't no patsy sitting here defenseless...but if I did, it would put me back a lot more than 15k, maybe 15 years...and that's not worth it at all. He's in as bad shape financially as RJ and about as old.

There, I feel better now, let's put one of those theives outta business Very Happy Confused
LeadDog

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:16 pm    

You know it is the San Diego Better Business Bureau record of the Kamado Corp. that kept me from buying from them. Thanks for pointing that out to me and keeping me from making a big mistake.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: