Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Someone is asking the right questions!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eyeswideshut

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:32 am    

Someone is asking the right questions!

Looks like some folks are starting to question their place in the Matrix!
http://www.kamado.com/discus/messages/1/33099.html?1161184337

Bobinva
Post Number: 10
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 5:20 am:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Well this is interesting, I ordered my #7 in June. My invoice says a ship date of 7/22 and I still haven't received it or have a firm ship date. I guess they use some other means of determining who gets their K than by order date. Strange.

Dijan
Associate Member
Post Number: 13
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 7:46 am:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Kamado people, whats going on here?
I thought customer service was supposed to get better.

Mike_long
Associate Member
Post Number: 20
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 7:47 am:

Someone on this forum profoundly remarked that "the Kamado will arrive when the Kamado is ready to arrive." I guess that is part of the Zen of Kamado.

Dijan
Associate Member
Post Number: 14
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 8:12 am:

I realize they take time to produce. I'm hoping to get it before we get our first snowfall here in the northeast. I'd really like it for Thanksgiving.
All I want is an answer to my emails, with a simple update, that's all.

Insane, isn't it? This poor "Bobinva" fellow has been waiting since JUNE! That's 4 months, people! Of course, the Kamado people will be able to find a way to blame HIM for the delays. And, I just can't believe anyone would have the guts to tell this poor guy that it's the "zen" of Kamado! That "the Kamado will arrive when the Kamado is ready to arrive."

What would a sane persons reaction be to the above response? You've waited 4 months for a cooker and others have received theirs before you after ordering well after you did. Would you meditate upon it? Would you chant?

I'd be chanting all right!
curly

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:49 am    

We may have to move this thread to Deleted Threads soon Shocked
LeadDog

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:27 am    

I think the "deleter" must be on vacation. Smile There could be some great posts made if this keeps up.
foxhound

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:02 am    

Quote:
That "the Kamado will arrive when the Kamado is ready to arrive."
What would a sane persons reaction be to the above response?

I didn't tolerate it any more as soon as I discovered there was a competitor.
foxhound

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:04 am    

The deleter is too busy telling the new customer service guy that he can't resolve any complaints, and that he must learn to avoid all contact with anyone that is not offering up a deposit.
Gerard

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:14 am    

Re: Someone is asking the right questions!

Someone on this forum profoundly remarked that "the Kamado will arrive when the Kamado is ready to arrive." I guess that is part of the Zen of Kamado.

Actually, that quote came from a post on the usenet: http://groups.google.com/group/alt.food.barbecue/browse_frm/thread/f87 e1308d1d3fb90/d5854ad7dc72a580?lnk=st&q=kamado+zen+ready&rnum=1&hl=en# d5854ad7dc72a580

Though I may disagree with the poster that the Kamado family is merely incompetent, it's a beautifully written post. And it taught me the word "Kafkaesque." Which, once I looked it up, describes the Kompany to a T.

Kafkaesque: characterized by surreal distortion and a sense of impending danger... (The American HeritageŽ Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition, Houghton Mifflin Company, 2004.)
curly

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:53 am    

Pfffft...I take great offense

How could he possibly insult the 3 Stooges like that Shocked

... seen other owners suggest that dealing with Kamado was in some sense Kafkaesque. To me, Kafka suggests an underlying indifference to human concerns, perhaps even some sort of malevolence. I think that exaggerates the case with Kamado. After some consideration, my preferred metaphor is the Three Stooges. Imagine if Moe, Larry and Curly were put in charge of a factory that mysteriously turned out the world's best BBQ units. Sit back and enjoy the experience. Take notes so that you can tell the stories better.

If they had the Stooges in there, it would be run twice as effeciently as with the current clowns...that Curly was quite a looker wasn't he Shocked
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: