Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

AlanZ
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nerka

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:53 am    

And more. Smile

---------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------
Rlawson
Associate Member
Post Number: 11
Posted on Monday, November 13, 2006 - 10:22 am:
First let me say my original thread was not intended to be neither political nor religious, and I am surprised anyone took it that way. People who know me would tell you I am neither a Religious nor Political person. Although I stand strongly behind the intent to show the appreciation for those who served, I would like to apologize to anyone that was offended by my post. Perhaps this is not the place for such an expression, but based on the heading for the “Kampfire” (The Kampfire is a place to sit around and chat. So, grab a plate full of beans, and speak up!) I guess, with the fire and the plate of beans, I may have gotten too comfortable.

Having said that, I can’t help but to question the timing of the warring, considering during the last year the following non related threads/posts are still posted and have not been removed;
*)A thread w/3 posts about the Daimler Chrysler’s, Dodge, and Freightliner’s Sprinter
*)13 threads and 73 posts, (many including photos) relating to a person selling hand made pepper mills.
*)A thread in June requesting help with deck design w/3 posts
*)A thread in Jan researching BBQ Restaurant in London, 14 posts
*)A Happy New Year wishes w/5 posts
*)Three posts and 45 posts relating to Birthday wishes for members of the Johnson Family. One of these threads is in the “news” section.

Now don’t get me wrong. I have no problem with any of the above posts and in fact enjoy most of them. In my personal opinion the pepper mill advertising may be a bit much. I also have a woodshop that includes a wood lathe and know how much work goes into these mills. It is clear this guy is proud of his work, as he should be and I am in not complaining.

I just find it interesting that about 20 threads and over 100 posts that unrelated to the forum were OK, and the only warning that I have seen was due to a post concerning respect and thanks to Veterans on the one day set aside to show our appreciation and support. When considering a quote found from the Moderator, “This forum is for discussions about using your Kamado cookers and enjoying the community of people who use them”, one should not take the last portion of this statement literally.
One could make the assumption, by letting all the, non “K” related postings mentioned above pass w/o a warning and taking this time to “remind people that this is the Kamado forum” after this particular thread Allan has turned a simple “Thank You” into something controversial, Political and/or Religious and is using this as an attempt to express his own personal views or opinions. Views that are either Political and/or Religious.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: