Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

News about the Charcoal

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Charcoal K-tastrophy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
curly

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:34 pm    

News about the Charcoal

Well, RJ says it's in, but nobody seems to see it. I have a feeling that last post (JeffByers) won't hang aroung too long Rolling Eyes

=================

Rpw04
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 3:07 pm:

Greg,
Any word yet.Rod in Southlake

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

Thepidler
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 6:49 pm:

No Rod - no word yet. One of the guys said there was activity on his credit card - I've not looked at mine yet but I suppose it will be soon.

Laura, Richelle, Richard - any word yet??

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

The_handler

Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 10:00 am:

They hit my card last week.

Jeffbyers
Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 12:28 pm:

Richard, Laura, Debra
Just what is going on with you people. You took $159.80 for (20x boxes of KEC, invoice# 9538) back on 6-1-07. You said the charcoal would be unloaded from Los Angeles customs around 6-7-07 and would then be available for pick up in a few days. It is now 6-20-07 and I have not heard from you or anyone else from your Kamado Co. I have called and left at least 6 messages (because you NEVER answer your phone) and I've emailed you several times with No responses to the emails. I then went to your forum to contact you and you so far won't even respond to my questions there.
I just got a call from a former customer of your's and she told me that want you guys do is take everyone's money up front and then put in an order overseas and just keep stonewalling all your paid up front customers until the shipment comes in. Is that what's going on here ? Man I hope not.
Are you trying to convince people you are dishonest ? It sure looks that way but in the interest of fairness I'll give you one more chance before I call the Better Business Bureau in San Diego and American Express and report fraud.
If you are and honest company and not a fraud then I'll expect a call from you today. I just want what I paid for as promised.
Jeff byers
310 374-1849
foxhound

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:32 pm    

more bs for this guy

Scavman
Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 2:37 pm:

Richelle and Laura,

I have held off posting here until now because in the moderator's words "this forum is not intended for business" inquiries and comments. Well, i've sent about 5 emails and left almost as many voicemails over the past 8-9 days with no response...so I feel i have no alternative now.

Looks like I'm in the same boat as Jeffbyers. Laura, I placed an order for a #7 Kamado with you on Dec 12, 2006. My name is Graham Salvail, the order # is 514008 and the invoice # is 9154. When you took the 50% deposit you told me the wait time would be 8-10 weeks and then 3-4 days for delivery...well, no such luck.

After waiting for over 4.5 months and no contact from your company whatsoever, I attempted to find out what was going on with my order. Richelle, after several emails and voicemails, you finally responded to say the kamado was ready to ship. To your credit, at that time you agreed to credit my account with half the cost of the shipping because the kamado was so long overdue. We had a phone conversation about a month ago now and you told me the kamado would ship at the end of May and take 3-4 business days to get here...it's still not here.

YOU'VE HAD MY DEPOSIT FOR OVER 6 MONTHS NOW AND THE KAMADO IS STILL NOT HERE. Worse, yet, you won't respond to my messages to let me know what's going on.

Perhaps you've all gone on vacation and left no one to run the office. Maybe that's the way they roll in Mexico but any business i've ever dealt with wouldn't even contemplate not having someone in the office for a day without providing some kind of alternate contact info.

I'm generally not a person that gets alarmed easily but you've really pushed it past the point of reason here. If you don't respond to me by the end of the week, I'll be forced to contact the Better Business Bureau and Visa to report you for fraud.

If anyone on this forum has any idea what's going on with Kamado Co at the moment, please contact me at scavman@simmerdown.com

Graham Salvail
foxhound

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:36 pm    

Honeyboy is very accepting of the whole situation! If this shipment came in it might be in very poor condition.

Honeyboy
Post Number: 133
Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 5:27 pm:

I am sure this will not help but.......look back in the forum logs. I started last May trying to get coal shipped to me. Over a year ago. When I read the coal container was in, I contacted the company immediately and again for the last three days. No go...no return mail or calls. According to when they said they were going to ship the coal, I have missed the boat. I inquired for over and entire year, did what I thought I needed to do and at the last minute..........I was passed over....I think...really can't tell as no one responds. The shipment was supposed to go out Monday.....oh well.....there is always next year........
foxhound

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:42 pm    

he has had enough

This got posted late and will probably get deleted quickly.

Yo1976car
Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 8:19 pm:

RIPOFF! WE ordered our Kamado 6 weeks ago and Laura told us it was being shipped last week. She also said she would email pictures and has not. We have called several times and emailed over the last few days and have had no contact. They charged about $1,100 on our credit card four weeks ago. Today, I called the credit card company to dispute the charges and they have reversed the charges. I would suggest you all do this immediately. I believe these guys are a ripoff!!!
foxhound

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:34 am    

deleted

These posts have now been deleted from the K forum.
Nemesis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:22 am    

Wow...does anyone else smell a huge case of grab the money and run happening here? I would not be surprised at all if the coal arrrival was a ruse to get a last grab for cash, so the Johnsons could pack up and run.

What country will be next?? Hmmm.. Cuba? That embargo could make for some good delivery excuses Shocked Razz
foxhound

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:48 am    

humanitarians

This message from Deborah makes me laugh. They are having such great fun with their koal sales. Maybe the fun comes in stealing the coal from a supplier and selling it and not delivering it, or deliverying slime. When I read the forum it doesn't sound like the buyers are having any fun trying to buy this product.

Richardj
Post Number: 2211
Posted on Thursday, June 21, 2007 - 1:03 pm:

John,
How many boxes? I would appreciate it if you would e-mail me so that we can work everything out without it being on the forum as we all know this is for fun, not business.
Deborah

(Message edited by richardj on June 21, 2007)
Porkchop

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:01 am    

this is the kind of bs that kills me. "the forum is for fun, not business"???? oh, so they are generating sales from radio and tv ads? billboards??? no. their ONE AND ONLY means of generating sales is their website! oh, but the forum and the website are separate. ok, so take off the "pre-sale questions" section! be real! i guess they'll never have to lie or rationalize any better than they already do; the rest of the cult continue to "drink the koolaid"...

you don't want your dirty laundry aired??? answer the phone. take care of business. stop ripping people off.
curly

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:02 pm    

Yeah, that's weird. Almost all of the Koal sales seem to be done on the forum through the Koal Kaptains and such. The forum folk line everything up getting all of the participants to pony up for their number of boxes. So why is she now wanting to take it off forum?
foxhound

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:36 pm    

the reply had been edited. I interpretted it to mean that the koal sales are for fun and this guy was asking them to comp him some new coal since the last stuff he received was all moldy. I understood her comment to mean she did not want to tell him she would give him koal and get all the other people who received slimy koal to expect them to replace that koal.
foxhound

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:59 pm    

the handler gives up

Another one gives up:

Quote:

The_handler
Post Number: 65
Posted on Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 8:29 pm:

John,
If you want you can purchase my ten boxes of lump. In my case they hit my card for the koal several weeks ago, but not the extras I'd ordered. I had ordered new bands, an upper bracket and lump savor. It was on a another invoice, but I've tried multiple times over 2 1/2 weeks to get their attention and make sure the extra items were going to be on the shipment. No one called me back or replied to my emails or replied to even a PM to Laura. Once I caught Deborah on the phone and she said she'd take care of it. You think she did - Duh. With knowing it happens to many many members so much that we all go through their pain reading about their frustrations trying and pleading to get something done. I've had it.

(Message edited by the_handler on June 26, 2007)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Charcoal K-tastrophy All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: