Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

inside peeling into food

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foxhound

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:49 am    

inside peeling into food

This is not very appetizing.....

Quote:
Inside peeling
Kamado Discussion Forum » Using Kamado cookers » Inside peeling « Previous Next »

Dijan
Post Number: 88
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 6:23 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
I've had my #7 for about 10 months now. It's been very enjoyable and I use it at least 3 times a week. I broke it in according to the instructions when I first got it and all of my kooking is low and slow.
Now, I notice the inside is peeling away, is this normal?
Thanks

Joef
Post Number: 176
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 4:19 am:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
My #7 is 10 months old as well, and it too is peeling. Started months ago. I'd suggest helping it along around the edges where it's already started. Even just gently rubbing it with a gloved hand is enough to send it flying. Probably don't want to hit it with anything more than that, unless you want to get it all off at once. Nothing like finding it in food you're serving to friends and family. Had to toss a great looking pizza before I learned that lesson

Lots of posts here on the topic, BTW. No clue why the adhesion is not that good.

Rickf
Post Number: 387
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 8:56 am:

I've found that the high-temp cooks seem to be the ones that start this activity.. I don't get any peeling until I start going well into the 600+ degree range.. I don't believe this millimeter thick stuff is there for anything but astetics IMHO.. Of course, I could be wrong, but it's not changed the behaviour of mine and how it performs except for the case where it peels on the top-lid lip where it meets with the braided gasket.. Once I get some M61, I should be in good shape!

curly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:32 am    

M61 to the rescue

This stuff is just so cool. Rolling Eyes

If it wasn't $300 per lb I'd suggest just making the entire cooker out of it. It would be totally immune to any cracking problems then. I heard they make the airplane black boxes out of M61, and everyone knows how indestructable they are Shocked
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: