Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Meridian stove: the original Kamado product, I guess.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harrisk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:57 pm    

Meridian stove: the original Kamado product, I guess.

Greetings, all. It seems like everyone on this forum owns a cooker - and what I have is a 20 year old woodburning Meridian. After reading all this, I'm glad it's old - probably actual ceramic instead of some concrete mix. Does anyone know the history of the original Kamado? Weren't they once an honest company with integrity? Are the new people just riding on their once honorable family name?
By the way - does anybody have a Meridian? I need a 6 7/8" stainless steel damper for mine...and have a lot of trepidation now about ordering ANYTHING from this company.
Thanks for any info you can give. Very Happy
curly

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:49 am    

Re: Meridian stove: the original Kamado product, I guess.

harrisk wrote:
Greetings, all. It seems like everyone on this forum owns a cooker - and what I have is a 20 year old woodburning Meridian. After reading all this, I'm glad it's old - probably actual ceramic instead of some concrete mix. Does anyone know the history of the original Kamado? Weren't they once an honest company with integrity? Are the new people just riding on their once honorable family name?
By the way - does anybody have a Meridian? I need a 6 7/8" stainless steel damper for mine...and have a lot of trepidation now about ordering ANYTHING from this company.
Thanks for any info you can give. Very Happy

Same family, company just went downhill for whatever reason.

I think, if I had a 20 year old meridian I'd go ahead and contact the company to see if they can find me a replacement part. You can't lose too much on that deal...even if they stiff ya. Prolly wouldn't buy another meridian though Very Happy
Gerard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:03 am    

Can't disagree with anything that Curly said.

I don't know if posting your concerns here helps or hurts your chances. There's no doubt the Johnsons do read the posts here. Maybe they'll see that fulfilling your order would help their reputation. But we've had at least one poster told he would not be getting any warranty support because of his posts here.

I'm afraid I don't particularly like your chances either way.
tcoliver

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:48 pm    

Unfortunately Richard has been a crook his whole life, there is a long trail of lies and deceit. The bad part is that there probably isn't anyone else that can get you parts for your Meridian as there isn't anyone else that manufactures one. My suggestion is to bring it to a local shop to help help you. You will most definately have better luck with a local shop than to try to get something from Richard.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: