Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

RJ's Hypocrisy

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Charcoal K-tastrophy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:01 am    

RJ's Hypocrisy

Yesterday Richard Johnson made a post attacking the NakedWhiz' review of his charcoal:

Nakedwhiz Charcoal “Testing” Misrepresentation

It rambles a lot and never addresses the actual findings of the review, but here are the most salient points:

Richard Johnson
Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 2:41 pm:
Quote:
Doug does not have the experience, education or the laboratory testing equipment to properly do a review and can often mislead our customers and more important, many other large manufactures. His good “review” and/or “test” are often prejudiced or influenced by what a manufacturer or distributor will “give him” or advertise on his website. In my opinion this is unethical and misleading...

...I recognize that a customer’s taste/use of charcoal is very subjective, my goal is to have the best charcoal and if anyone doesn’t like the charcoal they are always free to return the box(s), not accept them or cancel their order.. I would suggest, however, they not be influenced by someone who is prejudiced, uniformed, uneducated and ill prepared or equipped to publicizing tests that are misleading and should be done by done by professionals...

...Please note that I did not authorize shipping any charcoal to the Nakedwhiz for testing or anything else. It was a mistake for our office to have shipped samples or boxes. It was and is a mistake to allow him to post on our website and I trust Doug will no longer use our forum for his misleading comments but is always welcome back when he knows what he is talking about...

...Don, I thought I explained as clearly as I know how about our charcoal and why I do not accept the tests or the testing methods he uses. I don't mean to attack him, I am just stating the facts as I know them. It takes a lot more than a box out of 100,000 or one test every 3 years or so...

...I have the utmost respect and interest in what our customers opinion and comments are. Doug is not one of our customers and never has been to my knowledge. Right or wrong, I feel he is biased against our products and above all I don't think he is qualified to rate products such as these on a simi commercial or commercial website without clearly stating his qualifications and methods for doing so...

...Finally, I don't often disagree with something I agree with and in this case I guess I should have mentioned something about Whiz's earlier review. I think my comments this date are clearly applicable to any or all of Whiz's reviews...

We were going to post all of the examples where Richard Johnson not only praised the NakedWhiz for his earlier reviews, but thanked him for being fair and driving up sales of Kamado CEL. Unfortunately, this list of examples on the kamado forum is so long, that we had to cut short our quest and publish just a few examples, otherwise we'd be at it all day long. So for the record, here you go:

These are excerpts of longer discussions:

Does anyone want to split a charcoal...
Quote:

Thenakedwhiz
Post Number: 312
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 6:29 am:

I reviewed the non-extruded lump charcoal quite some time ago and I liked it a lot at the time. That was before I was doing the full-blown reviews with burn tests, etc., so it might not get a 5.0 today, but I think it is very good charcoal. Here's a link if you are interested:

Review of Kamado NON-extruded lump charcoal

TNW

Richardj
Post Number: 2142
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 9:14 am:

TNW, thank you for your review and any updates. Although we have not made changes in our quality of wood or carbonization, we certainly have improved our boxes. We will be shipping containers directly to the East Coast which will further help the condition of the boxes. The charcoal arrives fine but the boxes were not attractive when displayed.

I am anxious for your review of our Extruded LUMP charcoal briquette and look forward to sending you a sample. I think you will find it has some unique features and is of the very best quality.

Richard

Thenakedwhiz
Post Number: 313
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 9:48 am:

Richard,
The extruded lump is like the extruded coconut, but made from wood vs. coconut?

Thanks!
TNW

Richardj
Post Number: 2143
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 12:20 pm:

TNW, yes, the extruded lump is made from much the same wood as our lump charcoal, however, the process is much different. The end result is the same quality wood, but extruded under extreme pressure, the consequence of which is a dense compact long burning briquette much like our Extruded Coconut with much the same characteristics. There are NO fillers in this product and actually less ash content than KEC.

Thank you for providing excellent information on your website.

Richard

Q for Richard About Extruded Coconut
Quote:

Richardj
Post Number: 1944
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 12:46 pm

TNW, our Kamado EXTRUDED LUMP (a very special hardwood) is extruded first and then carbonized.

Kamado Extruded COCONUT is carbonized FIRST then extruded. A different process.

Note that often on our forum and customers often use KEL or Extruded Lump when they really mean K Extruded Coconut. I don't know how this got started.

I look forward to sending you a sample of our new factory Extruded LUMP to test (our container is arriving March 2Cool. I think in some ways it is better than Extruded Coconut. The trick is to make sure the Extruded LUMP is made of the right QUALITY of wood. You know how much junk can be pressed into a briquette and have samples to prove it. In Extruded Coconut, the charcoal is made of COCONUT and while the carbonization might not be proper it IS made of coconut and therefore a customer has a good chance of getting what he ordered.

Still, in my opinion, quality is not cheap.

Richard

Extruded Coconut Pallet Sizes
Quote:

Thenakedwhiz
Post Number: 152
Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 2:07 pm:

Dang, Richard, I love the photos you post. I loved those photos of the crane that went over in the typhoon. We get to see things that normal folks would never see thanks to you!

Incidentally, what are the plans for getting the coconut (not extruded) charcoal? Is there any available? I'd like to review it.

Thanks! TNW

Richardj
Post Number: 1122
Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 5:34 pm:

Not on this container, sorry. But I will be sure get some to you ASAP. I forgot all about those cranes blowing over like dominoes....and how ever got anyone to believe my shipping delay. Thanks TNW, Richard

Mystery Meridian needs Makeover
Quote:

Richardj
Post Number: 1777
Posted on Sunday, November 06, 2005 - 6:54 pm:

...Hey, Nakedwiz, you should get a stove free from all the sales we have received for our Kamado Charcoal as a result of your website evaluating different charcoals (nicely and truthfully, I might add)....

Lump coal in NC
Quote:

Thenakedwhiz
Post Number: 124
Posted on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 9:59 am:

The K lump is great. I reviewed it my lump database and gave it a 5.0. For further information you can visit the lump database at The Naked Whiz's Lump Database

TNW

Butch
Post Number: 33
Posted on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 11:08 am:

Hey Whiz
When you doing a review on the new extruded, coconut and extruded coconut? btw your site is very informative. I believe Richard has a boat load coming in soon, maybe you can get your hands on some.
Thanks for all the info,
Butch

Richardj
Post Number: 681

Posted on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 4:53 pm:

TNW & Butch, I look forward to sending TNW samples. I never did get around to thanking your TNW for taking the time to write up your tests of our Kamado Lump Charcoal. So, thanks. If you remember we mistakenly sent your test box collect and this time your samples of Extruded Coconut, Extruded Lump and Coconut Lump will be sent PREPAID or maybe Kim can give it to you. The Kamado Lump is exactly the same with a much stronger box.

Thenakedwhiz
Post Number: 126
Posted on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 8:38 pm:

Richard,

When I got my first sample of Kamado lump we split the cost. That was cool! I spoke with Kim about getting a box of each type for a review, so somehow I'll get it. But, I do intend to do a review of each, probably when left settles down at the end of August. Or when I get the lump. Thanks!

By the way, can I review a #7 cobalt blue cooker? Heee!!

TNW

Richardj
Post Number: 683
Posted on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 9:12 pm:

With all the Kamado Lump charcoal we sold as a result of your nice write up of our Lump....I should give you one for a 5 to 10 year review. But what would you do with your BGE? It's not a good color for a flower pot?

It just goes on and on. But one should note that RJ is as two-faced as they come. He'll throw you under a bus just as soon as look at you.

You all should know this by now.

And for those just joining us: YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

Rolling Eyes
curly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:06 pm    

Look at what he said...now that is plain ole hilarious. Talk about a fork-ed tongue...he should be a polititian Embarassed

But RJ, you did mention something about his earlier review...the one that praised your product. You mentioned how great it was and how great he was and how great you are and how great life was. So where has the fun gone Rolling Eyes

===========================
Richardj Moderator
Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 6:26 pm:

...Finally, I don't often disagree with something I agree with and in this case I guess I should have mentioned something about Whiz's earlier review. I think my comments this date are clearly applicable to any or all of Whiz's reviews.
Porkchop

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:09 am    

Quote:
I don't often disagree with something I agree with

this should be printed on every box of lump he sells... what else can be said that RJ hasn't already said about himself with this tidbit? while it appears to reveal a lack of intelligence, i hardly believe that. rather, it shows how confusing it can be for ANYONE to keep so many lies straight when there is a semi-public record of statements.

just like a politician, he has fallen into his own snare, and, in a panicked attempt to back out/save face, makes a nonsensical statement so baldfaced that it serves only to further reveal the true nature of the person making the statement.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Charcoal K-tastrophy All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: