Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Whatever happened too....

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brewhawk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:14 am    

Whatever happened too....

Anyone remember Dave and Kim? The eminent "Team Kamado"? Last I heard about them was about 3 years ago with them being set-up as some sort of special distributors. No, not distributors... trouble shooters, maybe both. Wonder if they invested like tk.

Brewhawk
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:18 am    

They just disappeared. I suspect RJ offered them their money back if they kept quiet. If you ask them now, they say they are happy running a diving shop, but no mention of why the wonderful world of Kamado "ceramic" cookers never materialized. Sad that such a nice couple could be bought.
Porkchop

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:23 am    

y'know, my "customer service" situation was being handled by david back in 2005(?) gotta dig up those emails now...
CrookedRichard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:22 am    

Re: Whatever happened too....

Brewhawk wrote:
Anyone remember Dave and Kim? The eminent "Team Kamado"? Last I heard about them was about 3 years ago with them being set-up as some sort of special distributors. No, not distributors... trouble shooters, maybe both. Wonder if they invested like tk.

Brewhawk

I happen to know quite a bit about the two.

They slowed down on competing after a very successful first year. RJ lied about supporting them in Vegas a second time (not that he did much the first year) and it was downhill from there.

Ended up buying a dive shop (that's how they met) and do a little BBQ on the side.

Heard that RJ never paid them for the 'East Coast Kamado Support' work.

I don't think they were dumb enough to invest since David had a hand in working with another investor. By working, I mean fabricating excuses.

That makes them, Atlanta Kamado, their original web guy, OC Kamado, and a few others they have screwed not to mention a number of vendors stateside and beyond.

RJ wisely deleted the old Kamado newsletters which were a goldmine of broken promises. David had storefront set up for Kamado East Coast which RJ screwed him on. Multiple promises by RJ of distribution centers, even going so far as the name the exit off of the NJ turnpike where it was located, etc.

I have yet to meet a more crooked bastard on the face of the earth that Richard Johnson. No wonder his daughters are merely oxygen-thiefs with a role model such as he.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:17 pm    

What I'd love to hear is who he screwed in Mexico such that they had to flee the country without warning like that.

Shocked
The Spanker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:57 pm    

Re: Whatever happened too....

CrookedRichard wrote:
That makes them, Atlanta Kamado, their original web guy, OC Kamado, and a few others they have screwed not to mention a number of vendors stateside and beyond...

Here's a list of folks that may have strong opinions on the matter:

http://web.archive.org/web/19990428045915/www.kamado.com/distributors. htm

From his posts on the K forum, Sunny Johnson holds a particularly warm spot in his heart for RJ.

To be fair, Steve Murphy bears him no ill will. Don't know about the others.
CrookedRichard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:29 pm    

Can't seem to get the archived page. By chance is the link broken?

Figured it out - your link cut off the first H in HTTP...
The Spanker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:38 pm    

CrookedRichard wrote:
Figured it out - your link cut off the first H in HTTP...

Oops. Thanks for catching that. It's fixed now.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: