Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

That BGE forum sure has done well in the past 8 years

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerard

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:32 pm    

That BGE forum sure has done well in the past 8 years

Bored.

Absentmindedly hit an old link in my BBQ favorites just looking for something to read and came across: The Jan '99 KAMADO forum archive

Look at that post count! Shocked Shocked Shocked 902 posts in a month! Shocked Shocked Shocked Almost all of them eager new owners or wannabees scheming to get a Johson Kamado ASAP.

Damn... that probably rivaled BGE forum post counts at the time.

Then decided to look at recent K forum monthly post counts: Oct '07: 301; Sept '07: 188.* Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I also note that most of those posts are not from eager new owners or from folks planning on getting a new Kamado. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

In the past 8+ years, the BGE forum participation has skyrocketed many-fold. Almost all of the posts there are still from happy owners or soon-to-be-owners. The K forum numbers and the participants' enthusiam have plummeted in that same time.

I wonder why? Rolling Eyes
curly

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:23 am    

I see that, "Gerard still has a sharp tongue" Laughing
Gerard

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:48 am    

curly wrote:
I see that, "Gerard still has a sharp tongue" Laughing

Made me go hunting up the original thread: Gerard, actually participating in a cooking discussion

It was from Feb 2000. My sharp tongue had nothing to do with the cooker or the company. I was still a happy K'er and forum regular. I have no idea why that one post appeared in the K forum archives of Jan'99.

Of course, when you remember who the webmaster was back then Wink , I'm surprised the messages aren't written with crayons and white-out.

Guess there were only 901 posts in Jan 99. In that case, the current forum is just thriving in comparison. Rolling Eyes
foxhound

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:40 am    

I believe they are well aware the forum is dying and that is why they have moved their focus to the Home Show Consumer where they try to lock in a deposit before the poor souls have a chance to log onto a computer and discover the truth.

I have heard that Kamado OC is claiming RJ conned him into buying 25 BBQs for the Home Show Circuit and there is a problem ( Shocked ) with a couple of units and RJ will not answer emails or calls ( Shocked ). He is now trying to undersell RJ. He also tried to sell lump back in Dec 2006 at a huge mark-up. Personally I think the two are well suited for each other.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: