Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Naked Whiz issues NOT RECOMMENDED label to ebay charcoal!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Charcoal K-tastrophy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nemesis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:21 pm    

Naked Whiz issues NOT RECOMMENDED label to ebay charcoal!

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lumpdatabase/lumpbag69.htm

Just when we thought it couldnt get any worse than the Indonesian lump from this year. Maybe since RJ took control of the entire process, and is making it himself, we should have expected this!
foxhound

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:27 pm    

I noticed they have been pushing for people to get 'factory direct' pallet shipments which I thought was very risky given past history. I've wondered how many would order the flat rate boxes!
foxhound

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:17 am    

I thought I would post this from the k forum as it probably won't last long:

Quote:
Posted on Monday, December 17, 2007 - 8:45 am:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

Dglenn1
Post Number: 98
Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 6:04 am:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
This doesn't look good.
"The quality of this latest charcoal is probably the worst we have ever seen. In light of the problems we have noted and the difficulty in obtaining this charcoal in any quantity (you must either by it by the pallet or visit the Kamado forum and try to organize a shared pallet), it gets our lowest rating, Not Recommended." Nakedwhiz, December 2007
http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lumpdatabase/lumpbag69.htm
I have bought both the original charcoal when I purchased my K7 and I got 30 boxes of the "wet stuff" more recently. I had a chance during Thanksgiving to cook with each side by side and there is a world of difference. Even letting the "wet stuff" dry out doesn't help as much. It crumbles in your hand, doesn't get as hot or burn as long as the original. Looks like the latest improvements didn't address the issues. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds. Dan
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:12 am    

As you predicted, that post is deleted. Jeez, a member with 98 posts gone for simply telling the truth.
jchan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:47 am    

I like the response:

Admin wrote:
We suggest that potential Kamado charcoal customers purchase a sample box of Kamado Extruded Coconut for $14.95. This is a 12.2 pound box delivered to your door anywhere in the USA. This KEC is the original forumul and not to be comapred with other shipments.

So this KEC shouldn't be compared to the other eBay shipments like the one Whiz bought? Does that mean that the quality is so variable that each shipment is different? Or is this actually not only the original formula but the original run and it's been sitting around south asia so long it's been decaying?

Whatever the reason, Whiz's reviews must be having an impact, otherwise they wouldn't be "giving away" this charity product in samples on eBay to try to get rid of it.
The Spanker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:18 pm    

jchan wrote:
So this KEC shouldn't be compared to the other eBay shipments like the one Whiz bought? Does that mean that the quality is so variable that each shipment is different? Or is this actually not only the original formula but the original run and it's been sitting around...

Noooooooo.... Don't try to figure it out. The possibilities are endless. Just rest assured that when you get your box, you'll be receiving the best charcoal in the world. How do I know? Cause RJ says so.

Remember: The previous best charcoal in the world was better than the original best charcoal in the world but now this charcoal is like the original best charcoal in the world but now it's better than the best charcoal in the world it replaces.

Capiche?

Or, to put it more simply: Buy a sample box. If you like it, it's EXACTLY representative of the pallets they have waiting for you in Asia. If you don't like it, buy another sample box. Keep buying sample boxes til you find one you like. Let them know and they'll personally assure you that's what your pallet will consist of. Consider it a binding agreement.

Service like that doesn't grow on trees you know.
DavidS

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:25 pm    

Love that one Spanker. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Nerka

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:40 pm    

This batch is so bad I wonder if the charcoal can get any worse? One would think the only possibility left is for their charcoal to get better. I'm not counting on it though.
Nerka

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:45 pm    

I figured I might as get this post in here before it gets deleted.

Quote:
Bill_t
Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 2:33 pm:

------------------------------------------------------------------

Admin,
I was going to order a sample from your ebay sale, but then I noticed your ebay feedback and decided against it.

I will stick with lump for now, thanks.
Bill

primeats

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:43 pm    

Dglenn1's post os still there under the "Ribs, brisket, wings from a few weekends ago"heading in the Kampfire .
primeats

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:49 pm    

Richards feedback is showing the true nature of his products apparently, someone tried the charcoal,and after the whiz's report any thought I may have had of trying some for the heck of it has been burned from my brain(with lower ash byproduct)!
foxhound

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:54 pm    

The Johnsons don't seem to get it in regards to selling underweight product. Whiz's box was more than 10% under weight based on the promise. It makes me wonder whether they have had their scales calibrated and certified as required.

They seem to be ignoring the whiz's review and Dglenns post:

Admin
Board Administrator
Post Number: 80
Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 10:31 am:

We suggest that potential Kamado charcoal customers purchase a sample box of Kamado Extruded Coconut for $14.95. This is a 12.2 pound box delivered to your door anywhere in the USA. This KEC is the original formula and not to be comapred with other shipments.

(Message edited by richardj on December 19, 2007)
[/quote]
Johnnyboy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:11 am    

And you can't post honestly at Kamado about your experience with the mold either; that'll also get you suspended.

Kamado is telling folks it's okay to burn the mold. I posted that folks should ask their physican before burning it. I got very sick using the moldy stuff. Went to my Physican who recommended I not use it, handle it, or burn it, as I'm alergic to mold.

WHAM!!!! SUSPENDED!!!
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:25 am    

Well of course, Johnny...

... Richard is the MD here, after all. Who are you to give medical advice?

Oh well... welcome to the "dark side". Though, in fact, what we do here is illuminate.

Wink
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:36 am    

Jeez, suspended? LOL! Did you read Surfside's post here? He got suspended for simply repeating information in prior posts in that thread that still remain! RJ is a stupid lying f*ck*r. There, I've said it, LOL!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Charcoal K-tastrophy All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: