Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

More Kamado BS....

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Charcoal K-tastrophy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:02 pm    

More Kamado BS....

Quote:
Rmluis, we have SHIPPED most of our last container of charcoal in the last 30 days. Including many 12 pound "Flat Rate Boxes" by USPS delivered for $14.99. We are RECEIVING our next container of KEC charcoal is due in port January 24, 2008. We have reduced the selling price to $7.99 (a wholesale price) which should make small pallets of 20 or more boxes very reasonable. KEC does go fast but we will try to fill all present and future ordes in a reasonable time, if not earlier.

Yeah, KEC goes fast. The two most recent eBay auctions: 5 out of 20 boxes of the USPS Priority Mail 12 pound boxes sold. 0 out of 150 of the regular boxes sold. Virtually no interest on their own forum to get pallet orders together. So where is all this KEC going? It's just more Kamado lies....
tcoliver

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:01 am    

I know first hand of these lies, when I was selling for RJ he made it sound like this stuff flew off the shelves, unfortunately the truth was it was not that popular with the everyday buyer and only the diehards were buying it. It took ovet 6 months to get rid of 1,000 boxes. People were not lining up at the doors to buy it. Most people cited cost, just didn't see the benefit. Charcoal a third of the cost did the same thing for most cooks. As I've said in the past my experience is that this charcoal is only beneficial for low and slow cooks to give you piece of mind on overnight cooks. I still have 5 boxes of the old (good) stuff and only use it on overnight cooks. All other cooks I use the cheap stuff. Even if it really did last twice as long (which it doesn't) it is 3 times the cost so it is still cheaper to just load up the cooker with the cheap stuff. I bet the container he is speaking of was from last summer, and from what I've heard there are no more on the way. When I was selling for RJ he complained constantly that he couldn't afford to pay the upfront costs, this has played out in the fact that he never paid one of his suppliers and can no longer get the "good" stuff. RJ also constantly told me he had NO MONEY so with his sales down and his website nearly dead I can't see how he can afford the upfront costs now if he could't afford them then. At least the suppliers are on to his con game and will make him pay upfront if they are smart.
foxhound

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:43 am    

RJ has consistently relied on illusion marketing. He has portrayed the family business as constantly growing and not being able to keep pace with demand and used that as an excuse for his poor customer service. Look at the way he solicits investors always touting a plan to expand production, from the very beginning. Look how many times he has introduced a new customer service program. I laugh when LauraJ says I emailed you don't know why you didn't get it. What a scheme to tell someone to give a 50% deposit and you will have a cooker in 6 months because they are so 'back-logged'. Then string them an additional 6 months with excuses and not answering the phone or emails. Then someone finally posts on the forum and they are all over it. Yes they have always tried to create 'urgency' by telling people how difficult it is to get the kookers or the koal.

Look at how they have substituted cheaper materials into their BBQs and their koal and then market them as new and improved. They announce the re-location of their sales and logistics office in Las Vegas, and it is a rented mail box. We have seen the pictures of the Indonesian production facility. They claim to be ramping up production. Shocked They have state of the art shipping capabilities. Laughing They introduced their new Rod Firebox in mid August 07 and they are just now shipping the first ones. They started discussing the rib rack in Feb of 2007, pictured it in use June 2007, and Bixmeister was the first to order and just received it recently.

Even the forum moderator AlanZ is having to break his own policy and go to the forum to get through to them for his order. That says plenty and should say plenty to those who are still trying to order things from them.
Nerka

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:09 pm    

If they really had any don't you think they would ship some to this guy?

Quote:
Jeffm
Post Number: 27
Posted on Sunday, January 13, 2008 - 1:39 pm:
I've had an order for charcoal in since July '07. Luara and Richelle keep telling me they're sorry, it's coming, but it never ships. It's a frustrating mystery. Maybe I smell bad.

fishtail-99

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:58 am    

If K posts another eBay ad for the 16.5 pound boxes, someone should ask the seller a question about delivery. If they say they don't have any but they are going to get some, that is a violation of eBay TOS and you could report the item.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Charcoal K-tastrophy All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: