Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

From 1/28/99: "truth, lies, and kamados"

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerard

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:42 pm    

From 1/28/99: "truth, lies, and kamados"

I'm sure Charlie Brown remembers this one. It pretty muchly cast a pall over the forum for a while.

The following is from paper copy of a long deleted message on the original K forum: http://www.kamado.com/forum/index.cgi?read=868 (Don't bother clicking... it's not there.) It was in response to a post I had made stating I was getting the runaround over a problem with my original cooker. I certainly didn't expect THIS:

bill-at kamado no more (william@*****.com)
Date: Thursday, 28 January 1999, at 4:57 p.m. wrote:

look quick because this probably won't be on here long
I'm bill the ex plant manager at kamado.........
I've talked on the phone to most of you that bought kamados between 12 sept 98 and 16 dec 98 when I quit. I didn't see what was going on there for some time but when I did....
but first let me see if I can help you.

accept no kamado the was made during the winter here in Sacramento, that isn't cook cured it's just to damp and they just won't dry right because even the concrete ..yes they are really concrete mixture and he has you all believing they are kiln fired, so did I for a while. anyway the concrete has to be set and cured with most of the moisture gone before the tiles will reliably(sp)
adhere to the casting.

If Richard puts you off more than 30 days, don't believe any thing that they (richard or deborah)<--(lower case, little people)tell you, the kiln has never caught fire, or any of the other cock and bull stories that they come up with about why your BBQ's aren't on the truck and on their way.

This is the kind of people you are dealing with. When Richard hired me in sept he knew my back ground as a retired MARINE CORPS MASTER SERGEANT . my pay was to be 5.00 an hour in cash and 5.00 an hour in stock, 200.00 a week and 40 share a week in the kamado Co. I'll do my share to build a company. but over time I began to see that this company is built on lies and the backs of the people that work there,as well as your VISA CARDS. AND THEN EVENTUALLY YOU, THE CUSTOMER WILL GET YOUR PRODUCT, if the tiles don't fall off or the back and inside doesn't crack or the flange edges (mating edges of the top and botton) don't start cracking out or or the bands don't rust. did any one ever get a powder coated set of bands - not while I was there.
In Dec I made two delieveries one to Carson city Nevada, the other to Klamath Falls Oregon and to my Knowledge richard has not honored the "lifetime warranty" yet. and don't hold your breath. On the 16th of dec I told rich that I wouldn't be a part of any more of his lying to people about anything and I just wanted my shares 2900.00 dollars worth.and in a word he said no. That day I stopped at the Calif Labor Commissioner's Office and filed a complaint. To day was the hearing / conference of course neighor richard on deborah had the guts to show up but they did send a letter denying that I ever worked for them or that there was even an agreement about the shares. $2900.00 down the toilet...................
maybe.

I have tried to be faithful to the original author's spelling and punctuation though I may have created a typo or two.

My paper copy stops there, at the end of the page. But it is page 1 of 2. I suspect there was nothing else in the message and that is why I did not keep the 2nd page but I truly don't remember... just trying to present this as accurately as possible.
curly

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:42 pm    

Wow, that's some powerful stuff. The man's been stealing for decades I reckon.
Nemesis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:53 am    

You may really be the only one!

Wow, Gerard, this is more evidence that you may well be only instance of the money back guarantee being honored. Shocked
Fetzervalve

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:43 pm    

Re: You may really be the only one!

Nemesis wrote:
Wow, Gerard, this is more evidence that you may well be only instance of the money back guarantee being honored. Shocked

That's baloney Nemesis Laughing , it says on their website that noone has ever used the lifetime money back guarantee. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
curly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:47 pm    

Well, Gerard actually got his money back....after he showed evidence of smashing his baldheaded K Shocked

Of course it took him a long...long time and a series of funny tile-falling pics to get there.

You hadta have been there Very Happy
Fetzervalve

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:54 pm    

I have seen those pics, truly a classic example of the power of the web. So, why do you think they have not updated their website? We should get ahold of their webmaster and suggest that they update that portion. Laughing

They should be ashamed....

Myself, I'm just happy I was saved from them. I deleted the PM that I got from some lurker on the dark side, but if you are reading this, thanks for getting me pointed in this direction!!
Nemesis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:00 am    

Fetzer, If that was the only misleading statement (Read: "Outright lie") that they were spewing on their website, this forum would be just an empty page! Personally, I take more offense when they boast of a lifetime warranty DOES NOT get honored!
Fetzervalve

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:14 am    

Failed attempt

I was being facetious/sarcastic (at least I was trying). Perhaps I need to use more smileys Wink Wink Smile Smile Very Happy Very Happy Surprised Surprised Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Nemesis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:34 am    

I know, and I was agreeing with you...nothin' on their site is as it appears!
Gerard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:37 pm    

Look what someone just emailed me:

Just in case anyone was dubious of the veracity of my opening post in this thread, here's the same text direct from the K server, LIVE:

http://www.kamado.com/guestbook/guestbook_copy(1).html

You'll have to copy and paste the entire address (including the (1).html) into your address bar to view it. The url tags don't read the full address.

Still there, after all these years, still neatly tucked away on their very own site. Makes you wonder just how sorry their old webmaster had to be to fail to delete that. Guess he really was only worth what they were paying him. Razz

Good chance their current webmaster is up to the job. Oh well, not to worry, the Wayback Machine has it archived where they can't get to it - along with the 10 yr tile guarantee - thanks again Syz for telling us about the Wayback Machine!

Addendum: Here's the Wayback Machine address, for if and when, the Kompany deletes the original:
http://web.archive.org/web/20070310191131/http://www.kamado.com/guestb ook/guestbook_copy(1).html
Once again, the url tags don't work.
DoubleIPA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:57 pm    

Re: Look what someone just emailed me:

Gerard wrote:
Makes you wonder just how sorry their old webmaster had to be to fail to delete that. Guess he really was only worth what they were paying him. Razz

Hmm, anyone know who that used to be?? hehe

-=Jasen=-
foxhound

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:38 pm    

I wonder if Bill's email address is still good?
Gerard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:44 am    

A couple of things to point out - the link is to the ex-plant manager's post in the Kamado Guestbook where it remained for several days prior to being deleted by the Kompany. He apparently copied and pasted the text of his original message on the K forum - which was deleted within hours. That message was entitled "truth, lies, and kamados." Apparently the guestbook did not faithfully replicate the spacing of the original message as my paper copy of his forum post is in paragraphs as reproduced in my original message.

DoubleIPA wrote:
Gerard wrote:
Makes you wonder just how sorry their old webmaster had to be to fail to delete that. Guess he really was only worth what they were paying him. Razz

Hmm, anyone know who that used to be?? hehe

-=Jasen=-

That was an inside joke. I should explain, for those new to this forum, that the old K webmaster is a friend and a frequent reader of this site. His tale of woe with RJ may be found elsewhere on this forum. I should also mention that he was not the source of this link - it was found on Google via a search for "kamado guestbook".

Sam wrote:
I wonder if Bill's email address is still good?

No idea. Give it a shot. I imagine he might still have a few things to say.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:14 am    

And it is probably safe to say that if RJ didn't own any kilns in 1999, with all his money problems, he hasn't bought any kilns and moved them from Sacramento to Indonesia. We know he left in the middle of the night when he fled Indonesia, so even if he had kilns in Indonesia, he didn't take them back to Sacramento. By the time he fled California to Mexico, he was in worse money problems, so we KNOW he didn't buy any kilns in Mexico. Now, we know that his new operation in Las Vegas is a rented PO Box, so there's no room to put any kilns in a PO Box. We've seen photos of his slum facility now that he has fled Mexico back to Indonesia, and there are no kilns there. So it is probably safe to say that RJ is still producing cement cookers, with no ceramic materials or processes anywhere to be found.

Can't you just see RJ scheming in 1993ish time frame. He's just sunk the Nam Sang that he stole from New Zealand. He's got a 120,000 dollar judgement against him and he's saying to himself, no problem! I can make cement cookers for 10 bucks a pop, sell them for $1000 and I'll be able to pay off the judgement and be out of this industry in a year or two. By that time, the tiles will be falling off and the cookers will be cracking, but I'll be out of business and they'll never catch me. LOL! Ahh, the best laid plans of mice and men....
CharlieBrown

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:41 am    

Gerard wrote:

Or you might suppose he had ulterior motives for keeping copies around...

Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: