Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

How hard can it be to ship some scrap stainless steel?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:26 am    

How hard can it be to ship some scrap stainless steel?

This is so absolutely typical of the Kamado Company. Honestly, how hard can it be to ship a few scraps of substandard stainless steel from Indonesia to America? Not very hard. Which means that Kamado is probably lying to their customers (AGAIN). There are no rib racks, are there? Maybe someday after RJ steals some more money from customers he'll spend it on a few rib racks to keep the more vocal customers silent, but not right now. How long has Bobh been waiting? He says he ordered it in early October. RJ published photos and prices back in July. Maybe RJ was waiting for Topo to steal some SS rod?

Quote:
Admin
Board Administrator
Post Number: 107
Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 2:52 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
We received a shipment of Tamarind Lump Charcoal. The boxes are larger than our Kamado Extruded Coconut and weight the same as our KEC. The boxes are 9.5" High, 16" Long and 11" Wide and weight 16.5 pounds. The price is the same as our KEC, Extruded Lump and Lump, which is $7.99 FOB San Diego or Las Vegas. Thanks

Bobh
Post Number: 364
Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 5:08 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Admin, I can't help but ask if there was any SS rib racks in this shipment? We know that rib season is coming on!
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:47 am    

Oh deary me! Mea culpa! It's not a shipping problem:

Quote:

Admin
Board Administrator
Post Number: 108
Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 10:35 am:

Bobh, your "Pin Cushion" rib rack has been ordered. It is scheduled to be on the next container. These are kinda of a nightmare to make.....but it IS comming. Regards, Admin

They can't figure out how to weld a few pieces of (s)crap stainless steel into their wonderful rib rack. Let's see. October, November, December, January, February. 1 rib rack every 5 months is really going to tax their production facilities!
foxhound

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:53 pm    

Thought I would post the link where the pin cushion rib rack discussion began in FEB 2007.

http://www.kamado.com/discus/messages/4/35846.html#POST49801

And this quote where RJ says he just about has his design 2 months later
Quote:
Richardj
Post Number: 2178
Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2007 - 2:18 pm:

Thepidler, I am getting very close to what I think will be what we are looking for. At least I like the name "Rib Pin Cushion". I would like some help in your ideas as to the following:
1. How many "pins" (s/s 1/8" bar) uprights for a #5, #7 & #9 Kamado? By looking at Tjvsenior pins (pegs) are spaced in an outward spiral pattern with 1.5” between pegs and I believe he said he might want them wider. If so by how much? It looks like Tjvsenior has 36 pins and I believe this is a #7.
2. How long would you like the pins? Tjvsenior likes the 5.5", so do most of you agree. I have made 5, 5.5 and 6 and all seem OK.
3. Would you want the pin cushion to sit on the main grill or just sit on the wall ledge when the main grill is removed?
4. How far from the wall of the Kamado would the first circular row of pins be? It looks from Tjvsenior's picture about 1.5 to 2 inches.

Thanks in advance,
Richard
[/quote]

And this thread where the girls show off the new rib rack in June 2007:

http://www.kamado.com/discus/messages/4/36017.html#POST51331
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: