Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Time to take sledge hammer to #9

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
duck833

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:03 pm    

Time to take sledge hammer to #9

Spring cleaning, tired of looking at the half naked #9 in the backyard. Going to break it into smaller pieces so I can haul it to the dump. Will try to take a few pictures. Might as well get rid of this piece of c**p so I don't feel so bad every time I look at it.

Like dumping a bad stock, get rid of the loosers and move on. This one is a total $1,200 writeoff.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:04 pm    

What?

Just re-tile it! Some adhesive, some tile, some elbow work, and some time! What could be easier than that?

Better yet, just call Kamado Customer Service and I'm sure they'll be happy to send you a replacement for all your trouble. Lifetime Warranty, you know?
Nemesis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:32 pm    

Damn, that was like kicking him when he is down Razz

In all seriousness, I would attempt a repair, or sell it as is to a fanboy willing to do the repairs before I smashed it. Plus, wouldnt you have to pay to dump the remnants?
duck833

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:14 pm    

Time to move on

The vent top is frozen shut, cracks in the "special" concrete, am unable to match the blue tile, I am not a tile guy I just want to bbq and make pizzas. Am moving on.

Getting a large BGE. We have a good dealer here in Eugene, it will do everything I want, will be just another $1,000, oh well.

Not spending any more time dealing with the #9. The dump will charge me $10 or so to get rid of it, will be nice not having it in the back yard.

I still have 40-50 boxes of klump, original nice stuff. Been using it and giving some to my friends with BGE's.

I have sold a ton of BGE's since I got my #9. The k krooks will get theirs in the end. You can not screw this many customers and not have it catch up to you.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:37 am    

Maybe you could film the destruction. Hold a charity event? $1 gets you one swing? Proceeds to support a worthy group? We could show the wine forum that the KFF is for good and not evil? Smile
Nemesis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:22 am    

Absolutely agreed! If you do destroy that beast, it MUST be documented, at least with pictures, preferably with video. If you video the big event, I will help you get it on every video hosting site on the Internet Twisted Evil
Gerard

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:14 am    

Sledge hammer, my ass.

If you don't blow that thing up like you promised, we'll all know that you are Richard Johnson and Leona Helmsley's secret lovechild.

Whatever happened to:

duck833 on Tuesday October 10, 2006 wrote:
My son has a friend with an explosives license. We are seriously thinking of taking the #9 out somewhere and blowing it up. I think that would make a very nice video and statement for the BGE and KCBS Forum.

9 months pass by, Duck833 announces he's gonna try to sell it, but the Spanker, God bless his soul, reminds him of his previous plan:

The Spanker on July 31, 2007 wrote:

I've been waiting 9 mos for the video you teased us with:

duck833 on October 10, 2006 3:05pm wrote:
My son has a friend with an explosives license. We are seriously thinking of taking the #9 out somewhere and blowing it up. I think that would make a very nice video and statement for the BGE and KCBS Forum.

Duck833 = K tease.

Souldaddy on July 31, 2007 wrote:
This is Duck's son.

Phone calls have been made. We're going to try and git 'er done.

No teasing here. The wheels are in motion.

Have a couple logistical hurdles to clear. Once we get it figured out, it'll be all downhill from there.

duck833 on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 wrote:

We are all over this....

Souldaddy wrote:
Curly wrote:
Will we find it on youtube or what...

Yes, Youtube.

Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on you and your daddy. That Leona was quite a looker.
Nemesis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:03 am    

Quote:
That Leona was quite a looker.

GRB

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:51 pm    

Dennis...

Can i have the charcoal basket & grates for my drum smoker??

Glenn in AZ
(you came to my house for charcoal a long time ago when that thing was new)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: