Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Cashed my Check and still NO parts!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Rip-Off Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pantera1660

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:19 am    

Cashed my Check and still NO parts!!

Is this stealing?? I hate to bust them to the BBB but I don't know what to do. My check cleared back on 3/10/08 for some replacement parts for my #7. Same issue everyone seems to have, no returned calls/no returned Emails. I was even told that they don't take credit cards over the phone anymore. When Richelle Emailed my invoice to me on 3/4/08 I was told parts were in stock and ready to ship. And of course, honestly I would much prefer my new lumpsaver and heat deflector than my money back. Any suggestions before I make that fateful call to the Better Business Bureau?? I am truly afraid that will really make the next time I need support even worse for me. One final thought, this is honestly more disappointing that it is aggravating. I had high hopes for this grill/company.

PS: my tiles fall off too, I was just trying to suck that one up!!
tcoliver

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:02 am    

Unfortunately turning them in to the BBB will not help, several others have already done so but the BBB has no legal recourse against the company and can't help you get your parts. The problem is the BBB calls potential bad businesses and tries to come up with a resolution but in this case Kamado has no desire to make customers happy and could care less about their reputation; therefore the BBB will be of no help. I would still file your complaint however as it may help save someone else from getting ripped off. The more complaints the more credible the negative rating will be. If you really want your parts your going to have to keep playing RJ's game and theres probably a 20-30% chance you will get them in 6 or 7 months. This is typically how these scenarios play out. Sorry for the not so good news, good luck.

And yes it is stealing!
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:26 am    

Well, three weeks is nothing to the Johnson family. I doubt anyone has ever received an order from Kamado in less than three weeks. And hopefully, you have read the many stories on this forum about how the Johnson family have stolen money from charcoal suppliers, the BBQ Guru company, customers, investors, etc. Why would you feel bad about busting them? I'd suggest you wait what you consider to be a reasonable amount of time and then report them to the post office for mail fraud. You might mention that in your next email to the Johnsons. Threat of mail fraud proceedings might get them to realize sending you your parts would be a whole lot less painful. But whatever you decide, please don't let them off the hook. When you are fed up, call the BBB and call the post office. Until someone finally stops them, others are going to get taken. Good luck!
The Spanker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:46 am    

Mr. Oliver's right on all counts.

The BBB is not a regulatory or law enforcement agency; it can only influence businesses that worry about their reputation. If a business doesn't care, they don't even bother responding to complaints. Last time I checked, they had never replied to any requests from the BBB. I don't think an additional unanswered complaint or even an additional 100 unanswered complaints would impact their sales or make any difference in how they do business.

The Johnsons continue to get an occasional new customer simply because there is a segment of the population that will make large purchases without doing minimal research. This site, the Fraud Forum, is easy to find: it's the fourth listing on a Google search for the term, "Kamado." I seriously doubt that someone considering a ceramic cooker will consult and be influenced by the BBB without having also found this site.

You've already rolled your dice by posting your problems here, Pantera. Your post is sure to be seen by the Johnsons. There have been instances when posts on this forum by disgruntled Kamado customers seemed to prompt the Johnsons to take care of unresolved issues.

Perhaps you'll get lucky.
Nerka

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:58 am    

Re: Cashed my Check and still NO parts!!

Pantera1660 wrote:
Is this stealing?? I hate to bust them to the BBB but I don't know what to do. My check cleared back on 3/10/08 for some replacement parts for my #7. Same issue everyone seems to have, no returned calls/no returned Emails. I was even told that they don't take credit cards over the phone anymore. When Richelle Emailed my invoice to me on 3/4/08 I was told parts were in stock and ready to ship. And of course, honestly I would much prefer my new lumpsaver and heat deflector than my money back. Any suggestions before I make that fateful call to the Better Business Bureau?? I am truly afraid that will really make the next time I need support even worse for me. One final thought, this is honestly more disappointing that it is aggravating. I had high hopes for this grill/company.

PS: my tiles fall off too, I was just trying to suck that one up!!

The way I understand the law is that they have 30 days to mail your merchandise. If they don't they are required by law to contact you and ask you if you want a refund or to continue with the order. I would contact the Post Office and pursue mail fraud charges if you don't hear from them in 30 days. Now this information if from my memory so it might not be just right but you should look into mail fraud to see what your rights are.
Pantera1660

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:35 am    

I would like to thank all the comment makers. Both for the advise and for making me feel at home with friends. I will pursue the BBB and mail fraud angles as soon as I can talk to the USPS and get their ruling.
I found it interesting that the K site requests that customer service issues NOT be taken up in their forum. But if not there, with no responses to ANYTHING, where the heckola are you supposed to take them?!
Let me just say, that aside from this issue, I LIKE the machine. I have great results with it and for the most part it hasn't had any major problems. I have re-glued maybe 10-12 tiles. Some parts have loosened up a little, but it still cooks great.
I have always ran my business on the Sheep Shearing Theory. If you do a nice job shearing your sheep, they are easy to catch year after year. If you twist their ankle and knick them with the clippers, they will be hard to catch next time.
I hope everyone's week will be as good as ours. Central FL is "DaBomb" This time of year!

Thanks, Clarke
Pantera1660

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:22 am    

Good new boys and girls..... I got my stuff yesterday. Finally..... Glad that's over.......... Until the next time....... Cya
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:40 am    

Congrats, man.

Cool
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:51 pm    

No doubt, Laura was able to read the writing on the KFF wall, lol!
Gerard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:28 pm    

Pantera1660 wrote:
Good new boys and girls..... I got my stuff yesterday. Finally..... Glad that's over.......... Until the next time....... Cya

You posted on Saturday and got it on Tuesday. Either they overnighted it or it was already on its way. Can you tell us when it shipped?
Nerka

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:10 pm    

I think the thought of dealing with the USPS for mail fraud got the Kompany motivated.
Pantera1660

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:10 pm    

Sorry I hadn't followed up, but here is the bottom line. I believe it was on its way already. It didn't come red or blue....... but the peculiar thing is that it NEVER showed up on my Quantum View from UPS. I run a parts dept. for a Deutz Diesel Engine dealership and I handle all the shipping and receiving. Had I seen it in my inbound, I would have posted my gripe. I still feel that the time frame of payment and receipt of goods applied negative pressure on the old Donkey Dangles. None the less, I am back to cooking and gluing tiles back in place. Fun to try to sort them out when you loose 6 at a time. Like a grout puzzle!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Rip-Off Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: