Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

We may have a winner here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Rip-Off Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
esq.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:13 am    

Merely changing locations and name won't allow them to hide

sam wrote:
I'm guessing he is up the creek as they changed their corporate name again when they moved to Las Vegas. But since the name the public knows is still the same there may be some transference of liability since the principals are pretty much the same.

Just because the company has changed the state its is incorporated or otherwise organized in, does not shield it and its principals for liability related to the former company. Nor does changing the company's name. With the same principals, products, customers, sales and advertising outlets, etc., liability will travel with them. Although as you all know, collectiblity is another matter.
foxhound

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:42 am    

Excellent....we have an attorney amongst us. Rj likes to pretend he is an attorney...can't wait for someone to nail him! As you say collection will be an issue, but he can't dodge criminal actions. I think he is counting on his age if he ever gets caught, that they won't incarcerate him because of his age.
trinkie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:25 pm    

Re: Merely changing locations and name won't allow them to h

esq. wrote:
sam wrote:
I'm guessing he is up the creek as they changed their corporate name again when they moved to Las Vegas. But since the name the public knows is still the same there may be some transference of liability since the principals are pretty much the same.

Just because the company has changed the state its is incorporated or otherwise organized in, does not shield it and its principals for liability related to the former company. Nor does changing the company's name. With the same principals, products, customers, sales and advertising outlets, etc., liability will travel with them. Although as you all know, collectiblity is another matter.

Actually they have changed their name at least 3 times since leaving Mexico. I predict a new one is coming.
esq.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:48 pm    

Unless they change the internal workings of the business, new names and places of business still wouldn't shield them. Legally they are treated like aliases.
Roaddog

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:33 am    

I just purchaced an original Meridian free standing off Craigslist. Is Kamado the same company that made there originaly?
And isn't there dealers that are local to get these BBQ's from?
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:38 am    

Yes Richard Johnson claims to have invented the Meridian and he has stuff on his Kamado website about it.

There have only been a very very few dealers that sold Kamados. Any dealer soon finds out that Kamado is not a reputable company, and they quickly stop selling Kamados after they lose a bit of money. I don't know of any active dealers in the US at the moment. Recently Kamado has claimed that they were going to focus their efforts on the home/garden show circuit, but then they didn't attend the largest home/garden show in San Diego recently, which is their backyard. So, it is hard to know what the heck is going on currently and probably the only way to buy one of their cookers is to roll the dice and deal with the Johnson family directly. Note that the Johnsons provide the dice, and the dice are loaded.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Rip-Off Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: