Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Another Horror Story

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Rip-Off Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marthajohn49

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:45 am    

Another Horror Story

I ordered a Kamado #7 in December 2007. I'm still waiting. I paid half up front. I received an email that the shipment was in about 3 weeks ago and they would ship it when they received the balance. I told them I wouldn't send any more money and wanted it sent COD. Two weeks ago I received an email that sending it COD was fine. Since then, I have sent 7 emails and left several voice messages with no response from any. Any suggestions?
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:01 am    

If it were me, I'd ask for the money back and cancel the order. Document everything and then dispute the charge on your credit card if you have can. If there is any way out of this deal, I'd take it. Things will only continue to be bad. If you need any service or warrantee work, you will quickly discover that they still don't answer the phone or return emails. Good luck.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:32 am    

Welcome.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Ideally we like people to find us BEFORE trouble arises, but at least you know you're not alone.

What happens from here can be a mixed bag. The Johnsons are known to monitor this site, so you may find yourself on their persona non grata list. On the other hand, they might decide to fulfill your order to discredit us. You never know which way it will go.

If all else fails and you can't get ahold of them for another week or two, I would pursue the credit card refund option. It has worked for several folks here already.

Good luck!
outlaw99

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:49 am    

why you complaining? You have only waited for 5 months! Sorry for the sarcasm
Fetzervalve

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:53 am    

You have waited 6 months already. Dispute the credit card charge TODAY and get out of the deal. I was saved by them not sending a tile sample and not responding to emails over a couple of weeks. I got out then and found this site later.....
Since you have the chance to see the stories here, listen to that little voice, it knows. Dispute the charge and move on.

If you want a similar (read much better) tiled cooker, go here www.komodokamado.com You could have it in your back yard in days (no kidding). I've been happily cooking for nearly 2 years now, and I only had to worry a couple of weeks about my deposit, I can't imagine having it out there for 6 months! Shocked

Good luck, keep us posted on how it goes.
marthajohn49

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:50 pm    

I'd love to dispute it on my credit card, but they would only take a check when I ordered it. Needless to say, they deposited the check immediately.
Fetzervalve

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:21 pm    

marthajohn49 wrote:
I'd love to dispute it on my credit card, but they would only take a check when I ordered it. Needless to say, they deposited the check immediately.
D'OH! Mad Mad
Nemesis

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:43 pm    

You mailed the check, so you have serious remedy available in that event!

Call your local post office, and tell the postmaster you would like to file a complaint for mail fraud. Let the postal inspectors do the rest. You will get action from the Johnson's now. It seems like any time people mention postal inspectors, their product appears out of thin air!
foxhound

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:17 pm    

It was my understanding that those that ordered in December were promised delivery in March. What was there excuse for not getting your delivery to you in March?

Laura's cell phone was published on this site a couple of weeks ago, but it may not be good now.

They have only been accepting checks for awhile now....the credit card companies seem to be getting wise to them. Nothing they say is believable. Did you find them through the internet or a home show?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Rip-Off Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: