Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Chicken Wire?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidS

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:40 am    

Chicken wire

I doubt he used premium grade chicken wire. Razz .

I hauled my old POSK bottom to the dump last week. Used a golf cart trailer,
low to ground, dumped the bottom off the side. It broke into many pieces.
It did not look like chicken wire, but thin dark wire that did not hold together the pieces.
Wish that I had taken my camera.
Johnnyboy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:02 pm    

DavidS wrote:
Quote:
It did not look like chicken wire, but thin dark wire that did not hold together the pieces.

Same stuff on mine. Enough concrete has fallen off now that it's exposed itself. Looks like the wire may be some form of chicken wire, but is much darker than normal chicken wire used for masonry. It's very thin, rusty looking, and in some places rusted completely through.
Nemesis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:52 pm    

How about some pics of that, JB?

How tight is the mesh? I have long been curious if my crack pattern is following the grid of some kind of wire mesh. Its awfully uniform not to be (pics in hall of shame).
Johnnyboy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:01 am    

Nemesis,

If you want full size let me know. But yes, there's definitely a wire pattern. Those rust bits outside the crack, that's wire in the surface of the concrete.

Nemesis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:23 am    

Thanks for the picture. My cracks follow more of a grid pattern - more like wire mesh you would use for a livestock fence.

Nice looking Kamado Twisted Evil You should post a full set of pictures in the hall of shame Razz
Johnnyboy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:38 am    

Nemesis,

Live stock fence; would that be a square pattern.

Mine is octagon pattern; as a kid from the West, we've always called it Chicken Wire. If you follow the rust spots on the K concrete they form a six sided pattern, the shape of Chicken wire.

Same looking stuff masons use for stucco, or embedded in mortar behind rock laminate. But neither application rusts out the wire I don't think.
Nemesis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:31 am    

JB, I see the chicken wire, which is what i would have expected to see in the grill, but my cracks follow a square grid pattern:

http://kamadofraudforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=394
foxhound

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:37 am    

Nemesis wrote:
JB, I see the chicken wire, which is what i would have expected to see in the grill, but my cracks follow a square grid pattern:

http://kamadofraudforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=394

It has been mentioned before that when they run out of product they substitute....perhaps yours is a material they used temporarily.
Nemesis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:53 am    

sam wrote:

It has been mentioned before that when they run out of product they substitute....perhaps yours is a material they used temporarily.

Oh, I'm sure the day will come soon enough, and we'll get to see for sure Razz
foxhound

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:49 pm    

Nemesis wrote:
sam wrote:

Oh, I'm sure the day will come soon enough, and we'll get to see for sure Razz

Kinda like looking forward to Christmas? Laughing Laughing Mine is a 2001 and just started showing interior dome cracks. That particular BBQ does not get used that frequently, but things may be catching up.
duck833

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:05 pm    

Just took a 10lb sledge to the top and base of my #9. Needed to break it into smaller bits so I could get it into my pickup.

Chicken wire everywhere!!!!

I have a Sacramento K, shipped to me maybe six months before they escaped to Mexico.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: