Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Richard Johnson and the boat called Nam Sang
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:13 pm    

Admin wrote:
Have you emailed or called anyone to see if you can get more info?

Pffffbbbt.

I'm strictly a point and click research journalist. Razz I was hoping that by posting the timeline gap here that someone, say someone just like yourself, might be motivated to dig deeper.

Let me know what you find out. Wink
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:59 am    

Look what I found...

http://www.kamadofraudforum.org/download/Mannix%20v%20Namsang.pdf

Okay, there you go... the text of that judgment furnished by a very helpful lawyer in New Zealand.

Now, what we get in this judgment is some very obscure legal wrangling. There are some details that add a little to the story, but much information is still missing. Here is what I gleaned from the document.

Circa 1987 the Plaintiff, Mr. Mannix, was hired by his father to work on the Nam Sang, which he believed his father owned. He worked on the boat without pay on and off for several years. Eventually in lieu of payment his father agreed to transfer the boat to him, but by that time (1991) his father was bankrupt and the boat had mortgages against it, so the transfer could not be made. Mannix was owed just over $100k.

In early 1992 Mannix learns he can sue the vessel under admiralty rules. He files suit in June 1992, and in February 1993 has the boat arrested to prevent it's leaving New Zealand.

Somehow between 1991 and 1993 the boat came under the ownership of Mr. Brown, his partner Mr. Chris Kaye and a nominee company, The King and I, Ltd. However the boat was "under arrest" and couldn't be used.

In May 1993 Richard Johnson came sniffing around and tried to buy the boat, and then agreed to Charter it. So on May 19th, 1993, Mr. Brown paid a bail bond on the boat to allow for it's use by Richard Johnson.

According to our newspaper article, on or about June 7th, Richard stole the boat. He arrived in Samoa on July 15th, and then continued on to California after fooling the local authorities with outdated ownership papers.

On September 29, 1993 Mannix filed detailed affidavits in his suit against the Namsang (now long gone). In February 1994 this judgment was issued saying that Mannix was not required to put up a security (court costs?) and the bail bond would not be set aside.

Confused

This is all very convoluted but what it boils down to is this: Mannix is owed over $100k for all his time and money spent repairing the boat. Instead the boat was lost due to his father's insolvency. The new owners paid a bail bond of unknown amount to allow RJ to sail this ship, which he then stole. So he not only left Mr. Brown & company in the lurch, he has also taken (and sunk) the only collateral from which Mannix could have recouped some of his lost salary and expenses.

Once again, nice going RJ, you're one heck of a great guy!

Evil or Very Mad

By the way, Gerard, don't you have an assignment of your own to follow up on, Mr. Point-n-Click investigator? Get on that will you?
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:10 am    

Ha ha!

Looks like RJ doesn't just lie to his customers:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg& forum=105&topic_id=7479654&mesg_id=7479805

He's an equal opportunity liar.

Rolling Eyes
The Spanker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:31 pm    

Bennyboy wrote:
...Richard always had this very long elaborate story about how he came about the boat, how it was stolen from the St Francis yacht club, how he stole it back in Australia and it ended up in Sacramento.
Seems Richard is a scam artist of the highest order. I haven't seen him since I promoted a benefit for him about a month after the boat sank. I feel like I was taken for quite the ride...

Holy Shit!

More corroboration of the Nam Sang story! Not that it needed more.

This would get rejected as a movie script as too implausible.

No audience would believe that someone could lose a boat in bankruptcy, later steal it, then sink it, then blame and sue a railroad company and publically impugn the young bridge operator, then convince someone to host a benefit to raise his stolen boat, and then lose his lawsuit and have a judgment of 128k awarded to the RR company.

Admin wrote:
He's an equal opportunity liar.

I'm thinking pathologic.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:45 am    

It would be interesting to know how much money was raised at that benefit, i.e., how much of the $120,000 judgement might have been paid from the benefit and how much RJ still owed. Knowing RJ, I would bet a brand new Bugatti Veyron that he stole the benefit money and didn't use it to help pay his debt.
kingofgrills

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:27 pm    

The Attorney General's office in California really, really needs to look into RJ and the wake of destruction his fraud and deceipt has left for decades.

It needs to end.
al

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:59 pm    

Nam Sang

I cant believe all you people. I wanted to post the real story of the Nam Sang getting to the U.S.A. But insted I got shity e-mails from some of you, questioning my motives and reasoning. Being degrading to people is not the way to get things done. I posted the WHOLE story last week. Now you have removed all my posts including the Nam Sang story. What the hell is wrong with you people. So now, I hope you all have a good time getting your money back from him. I was trying to help, but you folks are too far gone for me to help.
Nemesis

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:28 pm    

Hey AL - Thanks for the warm wishes. We waited OVER A MONTH for you to finish your story, and it never came. It damn sure wasn't here last week, so if you typed it, you never hit the submit button when you were done.

For the record, the admin didn't delete the thread, he moved to storage since quite frankly, you weren't appearing to be very credible with a tease and no story to finish it. We try to be factual here, and we dont censor unless something is blatantly out of line. After I called and spoke with you, nobody bothered you for 3 weeks to follow. You continued to check in regularly, and still no story was posted. I think the general consensus now is that you are an attention seeker.

You saw no reason to finish your tale, and therefore the admin of the forum saw no reason to leave an incomplete story hanging around. You still have your account, so post what you have to say or be gone.

BTW, nobody here expects to get any money back - if you hadn't noticed, thats the theme of the forum.
GRB

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:43 pm    

I'd like to hear the story, but not sure why it has to drip-fed to us like it was some soap opera. Just spill the beans, what happened?? How did RJ screw you??
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:06 pm    

Al, sorry but the whole story was NEVER posted. The only thing that ever showed up was that first bit of information you posted at the beginning. All we saw was you telling us about how you flew to American Samoa, how your wife was friends with Deborah, etc.

At this point, if you want to post the whole story, it will still be welcome. But at this point, we all wonder what is going on. Your first post was on June 25. Here it is August 8, and all we have seen is the very first paragraph of the story.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:09 pm    

I might have heard the whole story already?

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
A tale of a fateful trip,
That started from this tropic port,
Aboard this stolen ship.

The mate was an angry sailing man,
The skipper brave and sure.
Three passengers set sail that day,
For a three day tour, a three day tour.

The weather started getting rough,
The stolen yacht was tossed,
If not for the courage of the scandalous crew,
The Nam Sang would be lost, the Nam Sang would be lost.

The stolen Yacht hit a power line and sunk in the Sacramento River,
With Bankruptcy, The Skipper too, the Samoan and his knife,
The Coast Gaurd, the Bridge Operator and Angry Man,
Here are more Kamado lieeeeeeeeeeeees! Mr. Green
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:43 pm    

Re: Nam Sang

al wrote:
I posted the WHOLE story last week.

Lie.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:26 am    

Well, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a lie. Isn't it possible that he might have typed it in and then when he hit submit, his browser hung? That happens to me occasionally on various forums. You have to kill the browser and then when you go back to the forum, the post isn't there. But I do have to admit that this has been a long drawn out effort to try to learn what happened.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:34 am    

Yeah, he might have posted it last week... on his fridge with a magnet. But he didn't post it here.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: