Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

And it continues

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J
View previous topic :: View next topic  
somebodyelse

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:01 pm    

And it continues

Richardj
Post Number: 2352

There seems to be a little misrepresentation on another forum as to the material we suggest using. We use Sunbrella by DuPont

From the Sunbrella website:

FAQs

Q: Who makes Sunbrella and where are they located?

A: Sunbrella fabrics are manufactured by Glen Raven, Inc. headquartered in Glen Raven, North Carolina. Having grown from a small cotton mill into a market leader in performance fabrics, Glen Raven maintains a global presence in the manufacturing of high-performance fabric. We supply innovative fabric solutions to a demanding set of industries, and in each of our many markets, we set the benchmark in design and durability.

Sunbrella is NOT listed on the DuPONT website under products.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:42 pm    

Quote:
Mahoney
Post Number: 147
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 8:16 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Johnnyboy has produced 2 perfect covers for my #7 and #3 and I am really happy with them. I couldn't be happier with the fit and the material he used, plus I had a lot of choices on the color. Well done my friend

Randyh
Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 1:54 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
I also wanted to post a thank you to John Edwards for an excellent cover, excellent quality and excellent service. If you are shopping for a cover, I couldn't agree anymore, you need to contact John.

Richardj
Post Number: 2352
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 4:09 pm:

There seems to be a little misrepresentation on another forum as to the material we suggest using. We use Sunbrella by DuPont the same as you purchased and that we recommended you purchase from John. We do feel that John's are overpriced and in fact, we never received a price list from him although asking several times. I do agree that John's covers are excellent and that ours are no better or worse. I know of no better material to use than Sunbrella and if there is, we would appreciate knowing about it as we will certainly use it. We also offer all Sunbrella's extensive list of colors. We charge $129.00 for a #7, $149.99 for a #9 and $119.99 for a #5. There is an additional $15.00 for side tables (folded).

We do offer a cover made of much less expensive material that is used extensively for outdoor awnings. For the less expensive canvas material the prices are $49.99 for #7 and $69.99 for the #9. This material does a reasonably good job of protection and maintaining the color but is no comparison to the expensive Sunbrella.

All are professionally sown.

We do recommend covers for excellent protection from harsh weather and metal/caster protection.
I just thought it might be more fun to see it all! Rolling Eyes
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:09 pm    

It is interesting that Richard Johnson seems to be paying so much attention to "other forums" lately, looking for ways to misrepresent his competition. First his bogus claims that you must have a lip on the lower vent to prevent ash falling out, and now he is going after Johnnyboy and his covers. RJ doesn't even know who makes Sunbrella, so how can he be buying it?

But RJ apparently is now desperate enough to spend all this time on spreading falsehoods about his competition. Let's hope he gets more and more desperate.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:55 pm    

Kover Wars!

R.J. suggests that Johnny's Jammies are over priced and trying to eliminate the competition. Doing that makes him look like a Bozo to his forum members who apparently are happy with Johnny's work, as an act of desperation to somehow corner the cover market. He should spend more time focusing on the cooker market since that is slipping away. Not long from now he won't have a Kooker to Kover. Johnny could beat R.J. just by delivering the product. Most people would be willing to pay double for a product that will surely be delivered versus taking a chance with unreliable R.J. Why didn't R.J. get serious about making covers a long time ago? I just remember a lot of old talk about it. I can't wait to find out who's doing his sewing. Rolling Eyes
primeats

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:47 pm    

That stupid "K" cover looks ridiculous! I'd much rather have my cover by Johnny(Sunbrella® is a registered trademark of Glen Raven Inc. © 2006. All rights reserved). give me my "burka" over that dopey looking thing any day. The seams look like the've been ironed on. To be honest the K cover kinda reminds me of Mr. Potato Head. Hey did RJ invent that? I kinda liked it as a kid.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:31 pm    

More Kover Wars!

Quote:
Wasting My Time
Kamado Discussion Forum » The Kampfire » Wasting My Time « Previous Next »

Richardj
Post Number: 2357
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 7:10 pm:

Some of my friends keep me up to date on some rather inaccurate and misleading posts on other forums and have suggested that I reply. Since, I am not allowed on other forums, I have decided to waste your and my time with occasionally posting some factual information, but at least bring some of this to to their attention, since they troll all of our forum posts. I doubt if any will have much to do with cooking, our purpose of this forum, but might be interesting.....at least for now. I will try to identify these threads under this heading so you can skip this nonsense.

E1. John Edwards has posted that our covers are glued and taped at the seams. This is NOT true, the are professionally sown and a further step, a tape SOWN to cover the seam on the outside. I can understand why ex Johnnyboy is upset since he charges considerably more for the same material (Sunbrella) and I doubt if tailored any better and certainly not what we are making now.

Below are two pictures of the seams. Neither show the sown seams very well but enough to show the seam. The smaller picture is the less expensive material ($49.00 for a #7) and as you can see, it certainly is not cheap material and might well be a nice inexpensive material other than Sunbrella.

Laughing
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:50 pm    

Quote:
Rick
Post Number: 59
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 10:29 pm:

Nice pictures. It's always hard to argue with reality.

Myself, I prefer to focus on building better products, and let them speak for themselves, rather than just talking about it. It's also healthier for myself, I have found. It's a pity your competitors apparently don't subscribe to that view.

Doesn't R.J.'s quality always win out!
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:21 pm    

Re: More Kover Wars!

Quote:
This is NOT true, the are professionally sown and a further step, a tape SOWN to cover the seam on the outside.

Below are two pictures of the seams. Neither show the sown seams very well but enough to show the seam.

For the record, RJ, it's "sewn" not "sown". Oops, your education is showing again. But we all know you'll reap what you "sew".

Wink
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:23 am    

That post from "rick" is simply stunning:

1) RJ makes false statements about his competitors using asbestos in their cookers.
2) RJ makes false statements about his compeititors' cookers being dangerous because they don't have a lip on the lower vent.
3) RJ makes false statements about Johnnyboy and his covers.

And rick thinks that the other guys are dissing RJ? Unbelievable!
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:35 pm    

Richard Wasting Time?

Quote:
Richardj
Post Number: 2359
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 3:04 pm:

Thank you Rick for your comment. I try to always subscribe to making a better product and not comparing or commenting on competitor’s products. However, it seems that one has gotten completely out of hand and has continued to misrepresent our products, his own products, engineering, formulas and design facts, Even though I consider some of this a waste of time, fortunately, I don’t have to research anything as I am well informed as to their forum posts, the contacts directly to our customers and above all from the displaced employees’ from the plant closing in Indonesia. There is no doubt that all this will come out without my participation, however I might accelerate the misrepresentation and failures if our Kamados and products are continually the object of his and the trolls misstatements.

The next “Waste of Time” will be #2 post about misrepresenting our charcoal.

This is getting even more interesting! I will be on pins and needles waiting for the charcoal post. Our charcoal thread needs a kickstart. Razz
Nemesis

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:23 pm    

HEY RJ - Lets hear it!

I have one of your pieces of s***, and one of the other guys, too. Guess which "engineer" I can reach, and get answers and resolution from? Guess which one answers his phone and email??

I'll give you a hint - neither his first nor last name are commonly interchanged with "Dick".
The Spanker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:15 pm    

Re: Richard Wasting Time?

Quote:
Richardj

...I might accelerate the misrepresentation and failures ....

You mean it could get worse? Razz Razz Razz
Nerka

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:22 pm    

Re: Richard Wasting Time?

Richardj wrote:
... however I might accelerate the misrepresentation and failures if our Kamados and products are continually the object of his and the trolls misstatements.

RJ come visit me in Ekwok Alaska. We will greet you with open arms.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: