Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

I guess I owe some of you an apology....

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Surfside

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:23 am    

I guess I owe some of you an apology....

Bill Norton here, also known on the Kamado forum as Surfside. Well, I suppose I should say "formerly known as Surfside." Several people who must have been members of this forum sent me private emails warning me away from Kamado and pointing me to this forum. I have to admit, I was quite peeved at some of you. However, I suppose I should now apologize.

For reasons unknown to me, my account has been suspended at the Kamado Forum. I suppose I should put 2 and 2 together and conclude that since the suspension commenced immediately after I posted to the moldy charcoal thread, it has something to do with that. I have to admit, I am quite surprised. I had seem some fairly vicious posts get deleted in the past, but all I did was repeat some information that already existed in the thread. Or maybe my sin was that I said that personally I would be afraid of liability issues if I sold moldy charcoal and gave advice to customers that it was safe to use.

No matter, my post was deleted and I am suspended, without warning, without explanation. I consider it rude and I suppose a confirmation of what I was denying when I read posts over here after some of your warnings. Needless to say, Kamado won't get any business from me. I doubt I will join your mission here at this forum as I haven't any skin in the game, but I did feel a nagging obligation to let you know that I am beginning to think you are right about the Kamado Company. Good luck.

Thanks,
Bill Norton (Surfside)
primeats

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:48 pm    

Bill, I'm sure you can post on the other forum any time you wish. Can't imagine you'd be censored there.
DavidS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:25 pm    

Welcome. I have enjoyed your posts and questions on the other forum.
Nice too see you here.
foxhound

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:26 pm    

Bill...the Johnsons are very good at the con and discrediting those who try to speak. I too was reluctant to believe in the beginning, as was many people who eventually have come to post their experience. Thanks for posting your experience, and be thankful you saw the reality before you spent a lot of money. You have a pm.
primeats

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:54 pm    

very scary info on mold spores, folks are foolish to burn charcoal with mold on it. Thanks Bill for this web site http://www.burningissues.org/mold2005.htm
mpit

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:13 am    

I too was booted from Kamado after I spoke up about their service. My problem is now I need parts for both my K3 and K7.

The parts I need are a lumpsaver and the very bottom grate for the 7. Anybody have any idea where I might obtain these parts? I dont care if they come from a different maker.

When I purchased the K3 about two years ago it arrived with a broken top. It appeared to have been dropped. I called them anbd they sent me a new one right away but on the shipping labe they didnt have the full address so it got returned to Kamoad. Then they never resent it.

I hope they get what they have coming to them. Out and out lies are about as low as you can go. I still go to the forum and read how to cook things and they do have some helpful hints on maintainning the cookers in a somewhat useable state.
Johnnyboy

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:42 am    

Don't feel alone Surfside!!!

I too am suspended for posting to the moldy koal thread; and all I suggested was if folks were concerned about the mold they should consult their physican. I wasn't slamming anyone. I was simply sharing one persons opinion; just like I do on many public forums.

I got ill from using it. Knowing I'm alergic to mold I asked my physican about it. She recommended not to use it (burn it) or even handle it. So I thought the information was worth passing on. WHAM! Suspended!!!

Doesn't matter; I rather not be publicly associated with a crooked business anyway. Makes it tough, because I need parts too.
foxhound

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:07 pm    

JB...is your new cooker having problems?....or you trying to salvage the old one?
Johnnyboy

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:37 am    

Sam wrote:
Quote:
JB...is your new cooker having problems?....or you trying to salvage the old one?

No problems yet. I need the stone now for sure. It's broken and the parts from the broke K don't have much life left so I'm looking to stock pile. You know what happens if you wait until you need replacements............ you wait a long time.
Runswithscissors

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:29 pm    

Johnnyboy
Are you looking for a pizza stone/heat deflector?
I have had great luck with Kiln shelves. There come in dfferent sizes, shapes and thickness's. I can put you on to a good source if you'd like.

Hugh
tania

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:55 am    

If you are looking for the cement bottom grate (round with holes in it) for the #7-- I have one that I am not using. PM me and we can work something out!
Tania
Johnnyboy

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:48 am    

Runswithscissors, YES a source for heat deflectors would be great. Thanks. Thick ones especially.

I've found from personal experience and knowing others the Pampered Chef stones will break.

Tania, Thanks, I appreciate your offer but I'm looking for the basket style lump grate (Either the original Lump Saver or newer model Lump Saver Plus with the angled sides)
Big Jim

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:08 pm    

He who owns the printing press gets to decide what will be printed, but that being said, the Kamado sysops seem to be getting really heavy-handed and smart-assed. I had a posting deleted also...just about making a modification.

After awhile it becomes really obvious, like the wizard of Oz when the screen was pulled away.

And you guys are right - the volume of email there is waaay down.

I have been lucky - my K7 purchased in 2001 has held up really nice. I use it about four times a week. Up until now, I have enthusiastically recommended the K to anyone looking for a grill.

No more. Thanks to this forum. I have a friend at work who really wants to buy a K. It was in accessing the site to show him photos that I came across this forum - kudos to you guys for naming it such that it comes in right below www.kamado.com when you do a Google search.

So now I have told him to read the posts here and then if he wants to take his chances...well, caveat emptor...
Nemesis

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:24 pm    

Welcome, Big Jim. I hope you are introducing your friend to all of the other ceramic grills out there, and not just letting him decide on taking a gamble with Kamado - It will come up snake eyes every time.

With the exception of Richard Johnson and Kamado, there are several reputable choices to get a ceramic cooker.
ToastedMorsel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:16 pm    

So KFF has the third highest/most "Kamado" traffic

Big Jim wrote:
kudos to you guys for naming it such that it comes in right below www.kamado.com when you do a Google search.

It's the high volume of traffic that ddtermines the placement on Google. So KFF has the third highest/most "Kamado" traffic.
Shocked Shocked
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: