Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

New fireboxes appear to be defective.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:14 pm    

New fireboxes appear to be defective.

Sigh. Is there going to be yet another round of Richard Johnson using his engineering acumen to produce the best firebox in the world?

Quote:
Tony_b
Post Number: 74
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 9:27 am:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Just got one of the new rodded fireboxes for my #7 and have noticed that the gap between the bottom and first ring is large enough that moderate-sized pieces of charcoal fall through. By comparison, pieces this size would not have fallen through my old Lumpsaver Plus. I use the small to medium pieces in my chimney to get the bigger pieces started (a good way to use up those pieces). But, it's frustrating to dump hot coals from the chimney into the basket, only to watch them roll off and through the gap into the bottom. The only thing that I've tried so far is to place bigger pieces of charcoal around the perimeter to block the opening and keep the center area open to catch the hot coals.

Anyone out there having the same problem and have a good "trick" to hold these smaller pieces in? Would wrapping or stuffing some aluminum foil in the gap work?

Thanks in advance.

Honestly. Is it reasonable to expect customers to have to wad up balls of foil in order to overcome a design flaw in what should be the latest and greatest design yet?
somebodyelse

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:55 pm    

However the new charcoal that Deborah is showcasing would work perfectly
and I bet IT'S THE BEST CHARCOAL IN THE WORLD TOO. Wink
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:36 pm    

Yes, I didn't really understand the point of her charcoal ranting. They don't sell that charcoal, so what's the point?
somebodyelse

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:52 pm    

1- I don't think that there is much of a demand for the crappy stuff anymore so what better way to market the new stuff in advance. Not sell it but market it and create a demand.

2- Or maybe they are just trying to see if people are still interested in buying charcoal from them as some people might be a little gun shy after buying the crap.

Either way the whole thing reeks of a marketing ploy.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:14 pm    

Piece of junk!

If I am not mistaken the TonyB post has already been deleted from the forum. It probably won't be long before Tony starts posting here. The rod fire box is a piece of junk anyway. It's a lousy design and a big waste of money. Embarassed
mpit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:23 am    

lifetime warranty?

Why is there so much discussion about how to fix defective Kamados? When i bpught mine i was told there was a full lifetime warranty. So all they really have to do is contact service. How hard can that be?

I am sure that Kamado being a well run service oriented company will surely answer and then handle all claims. I mean come on, they have the best warranty in the business.

Now if they would just answer the god dam phone, just maybe i could get my K3 fixed.
Nemesis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:17 am    

When you finally reach them, you will understand why people discuss repairing their own Wink
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: