Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Grade A Charcoal!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Charcoal K-tastrophy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:25 pm    

Grade A Charcoal!

Quote:
( Richardj
Post Number: 2365
Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2008 - 11:36 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Getting Ready for the Holidays!

Last weekend I decided that I would use my 8 year old #5 Kamado for both an oven AND a BBQ and while I was at it, check out some interesting charcoal that I have had for awhile. This is known as an extruded wood charcoal grade A made strictly from wood.

Quote:
Now I’m not a Master Charcoal Tester like the good ole Naked Whiz who thinks he is doing everyone a favor by testing their charcoal and giving his stamp of approval, or disapproval in our case, because he is so worldly on the knowledge of what is good charcoal and what is not. All I know is that we have been importing Charcoal for almost 10 years to use in our cookers and I have been using ALL different types of charcoal for about 29 years and Richard for about 40 years and there definitely is a difference in the source of fuel you use, but that is a different story for another day. Bottom line is that I am just a regular person trying to make food taste great by using my Kamado.
Shocked oooohhh aaaaaaahhh!!!!!! I would like to see what the "Good Ole Naked Whiz" review of this fine "Grade A" charcoal would be.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:29 pm    

I wouldn't be surprised if this charcoal isn't pretty good. He hasn't sold much if any at all. That means he probably has only taken delivery on one container, or a partial container. Assuming it didn't come from any of the coconut suppliers, the guy who sold RJ this batch may not have known the risk he was taking in dealing with Kamado. RJ may have paid for a small amount and is setting the poor guy up for a 3 or 4 container ripoff, just like he did with the Philippine coconut charcoal.
GRB

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:31 am    

That stuff looks pretty bad... it isn't holding its shape and cracking. There's could be lotsa starch in that batch causing the extrusion deformity and cracking.

The 2003 Kamado stuff looked much better than this stuff. If this is Grade A, then what was the original??

I miss the old stuff/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Charcoal K-tastrophy All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: