View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:57 pm    

Dano's POSFB!

Quote:
Dano
Post Number: 27
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 3:07 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Hey can I use any of the M60 products to repair my firebox. It is cracked in numerous places all the way through. Which would be better M62 or M63? I will send pictures ASAP.
Thx.
Dano

Dano
Post Number: 28
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 3:31 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Hey are the pictures of my fireboc and draft door.

Richardj
Post Number: 2375
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 3:51 pm:

Absolutely Dano
And the new improved kamado kustomer service answer is: Absolutely Dano? Rolling Eyes
Nemesis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:59 pm    

Whats the problem, Dano? Thats nothing. Mine is in 4 separate pieces Razz

Your post reminded me that maybe i should take some pics - thanks!
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:26 am    

Fanboy chimes in.

Quote:
Alanz
Post Number: 1198
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 - 7:43 am:

Might you consider replacing the cracked firebox with a rod-firebox? It's a simple drop in replacement, and I'm very pleased with the way it works.
Yeah upgrade from a POSFB to a POSRFB. How about the warranty? I think R.J. should send him a new POSRFB free of charge. The problem is it will still be a hassle dealing with the new improved KS. It might simply drop in if you can get it to your house. Confused
Sesquipedalian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:53 pm    

Does this mean a cracked firebox is not covered under warranty?

Spalling, chips, fragments, cracks or flakes resulting from the expansion and contractions of the ceramic material, are a natural phenomenon and normal and are not covered by the warranty.

Ceramic material?

Reading over that whole warranty and seeing what is not covered would give me reason to pass on one of those posk.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:48 pm    

It's expensive maintaining a POSK!

Quote:

Richardj
Post Number: 2376
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 - 9:07 am:

Dano, all three M products have "adhesive" qualities as part of their high temperature coating formulas. We have used these products for years on BGE, my older Japanese Kamados and other ceramic cookers. You have one of my older ceramic fireboxes with a different formula as our "2008" models but can easily be coated, work fine and last "indefinitely" when coating is maintained when necessary. We used to make the fireboxes in 3 sections held together by M coating and physically by being wedged tightly together when inserted into the base (a situation not unlike your picture). By the way, we suggest that you do NOT remove the firebox when removing the ashes.

Generally all that is necessary to prepare the coating is a high temperature burn plus brushing. Any of the M products will work fine. I like M63 because it is easier to apply or M62 as both are less expensive than M61. Rutland’s furnace cement has been used successfully by our customers and other ceramic cookers. We are testing Rutland products and are considering distributing them when there are no retailers, as in our city.

Alanz suggestion that you consider our “rod firebox” is, IMHO, a good one. Thank you Alan for mentioning it.

Richard

Dano
Post Number: 30
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 - 11:12 am:

Hey Richard,
I would like to order both 12# of M63 and a rod firebox for my #7.
I sent an email to "sales@kamado.com". Is that the right email address?
Thx Richard
Dan

Richardj
Post Number: 2377
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 - 11:27 am:

Correct address Dan. sales@kamado.com.
I am wondering if the M63 would be necessary as the ceramic firebox is removed when the rod firebox in inserted.

Thank you,

Richard

Dano
Post Number: 31
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 - 12:38 pm:

I have some cracks in the wall of the K and I wanted to try and make it indestructible with the M63. We like to do pizza and run hotter temperatures. Will M63 help the K in running hotter temperatures? How many lbs of M63 would I need if I don't do the firebox and just the interior wall of the K?
Thanks Richard.
Dan

Davidx
Post Number: 6
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 - 12:54 pm:

Anyone know a source for this M63 stuff? I'd like to repair some cracks in the dome of my #7.

Richardj
Post Number: 2378
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 - 12:58 pm:

Dano, we do high temperature pizzas all the time in our 8 plus year Kamado and our coating test Kamado that is really old. It is always best if you can send me some pictures so I can suggest the amount and procedure for application.

I can't imagine a better cooking vessel at ANY PRICE than a heavy walled Kamado for cooking pizza.

Please email me at richardj@kamado.com or service@kamado.com. Thanks, Richard

Richardj
Post Number: 2379
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 - 1:12 pm:

Davidx, I make the M63 and other M's we do not sell it through retail stores and the like. We would be happy to send you some but as I suggested to Dano, you might want to send me a picture. You have purchased 2 textured and 1 cobalt blue #7 over the years. Want some for one or all?
Thanks, Richard
Is this considered to be reasonable maintenance Question Shocked
Steel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:15 pm    

RJ makes his own M63?,,,i just realized how brilliant this guy is,,this whole kamado cooker is just a front for the true engineerin going on at kamado,he's making designs for passenger planes made with M63. he must have thought long and hard about if only passenger planes were made out of the same material as the black box's,there would only be survivors,the mans a genius. Laughing
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:34 am    

Remember, RJ has lied several times about having his own manufacturing facilities for making his krap charcoal, too! Of course, it might only take an old bathtub and a big stick for stirring to make his wondrous M61, M62 and M63 secret formulas. (I wonder where he actually buys it from, lol!)

Maybe someone could log on and ask him if any of his compounds or cookers contain melamine? LMAO!
GRB

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:52 am    

Quote:
We are testing Rutland products and are considering distributing them when there are no retailers, as in our city.

Richard...

Try the ACE Hardware store on E. Flamingo Dr. They carry Rutland products.
Nemesis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:20 am    

SHHHHHH

Shhh.....Thats the same place he gets the M products Razz
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:09 am    

One big lie!

Quote:
Any of the M products will work fine. I like M63 because it is easier to apply or M62 as both are less expensive than M61. Rutland’s furnace cement has been used successfully by our customers and other ceramic cookers. We are testing Rutland products and are considering distributing them when there are no retailers, as in our city.
It sounds to me like Richard is trying to make his kustomers believe that M61 is what you buy when you want the best. And that M62 and M63 are great products, Just not as good as M61. I truly believe that all three are the same exact product. It might even be wholesale Rutland and he is putting his name on it. Notice that he say's he is running tests on Rutland products and does'nt want to put them down. Is this the R.J. we know? Normally he would put down other products as not being proper for a quality kamado and try to scare others from buying anything other than what he sells. I think the test he is running is to strike up some kind of partnership with the Rutland manufacturers. I would love to see the "M" manufacturing plant where all they do is change the packaging and labels. Why would he say he is considering distributing Rutland if the "M" line is so great? Why not just make a "M"amado and be done with it! Just think no repairs no kracks it would be infallible. Because it's one big lie!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Hall of Shame All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: