Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Mining for gold....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:26 am    

Mining for gold....

Sorry, I couldn't resist:
Quote:
George
Post Number: 65
Posted on Sunday, October 26, 2008 - 8:10 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
There is a 2 inch gap between the outer ring that sits on the shelf and the top ring of the charcoal basket, allowing charcoal to fall into the ash pit if filled above the top ring of the charcoal basket. I fixed mine by taking a 16 inch diam steel gold mining pan (about $8.00) and cutting out and discarding the center 12 3/4 inches. The remaining ring/outer part of the pan fits over the top ring (rod/handle) and rests on the 4 struts that angle up and out to the shelf ring. The angle of the outer part of the gold pan is about the same as the angle of the struts, so the 2 inch gap has been closed off. I lucked-out having the shelf ring of the firebox the same 16 inch diam as the od of the gold pan. Everything fits.
Methinks you'd have better luck panning for gold than dealing with Kamado....
Monsoon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:39 am    

lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: