Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

need help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rfinn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:52 am    

need help

i have owned a number 7 without issues for about 5 yrs but my firebox has now crumbled. kamado doesnt answer any email or phone and as of now im not sure there forums are even accessable. does any one make replacement parts or work arounds or do inow own a large peice of post industrial yard art
tcoliver

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:20 pm    

Unfortunately there are a lot of people in your shoes but there is noone that makes any replacement parts. Your best hope is to go to a steel fabricator and have them try to fabricte a SS rod fire box. Good luck.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:28 pm    

If my firebox crumbled... I would try to rig something with bricks and weber charcoal grates. Or how about this... what if you put a little Smokey Joe type bbq down INSIDE the kamado? Might that serve? Good luck with that. Sorry to hear of you troubles, but you are not alone.

Confused
rfinn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:22 pm    

ugh

oh well probably take a pic of there rod firebox and find a local steel fabricator as im not a handy person. hopefully someone with more time than myself would try to recreate the company as the product correctly manufactured with real customer support should be a viable small buisness
tcoliver

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:49 pm    

There is such a company, it is called Komodo Kamado, they make a much improved version of RJ's POS. Unfortunatly that owner is too busy making his own product to try to keep up with the demand of making repairs for such people as yourself. I hate to say it but you would be better served to buy a new KK instead of trying to keep up with all the repairs you will be needing for your K. The owner Dennis is very responsive and cares a lot about his customer service so you will always have piece of mind that if you ever need something he will be there for you. I know its tough to fork out more money but with the K you will be forking out good money after bad. You can check it out at www.komodokamado.com if your interested.
rfinn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:53 pm    

thanx

wow thanx looks good im oing to call and chat with him. i will ty to send him some of my tiles to see how closely i can mathc the k drum table i use to hide my gas starter
tcoliver

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:17 am    

Trust me you won't be disapointed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: