Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Hello!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IPA

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:38 am    

Hello!

Hello! I thought I would drop in , say "Hey" and see what this was all about. Like some of you here, I am a K owner. I have only had my #7 a year, but have been fortunate and still really enjoy using it. After reading all the bad CS issues I was shocked and appalled at how some of you got treated by K. I did not have any issues getting my grill and in general had a very good experience dealing with LauraJ. I did try to order some HTC01 (or whatever it is called) later on and it was like being a yo-yo about whether I needed it or not; never did get a straight answer from RJ. Anyway, after it being on order for 6 months, I just canceled and decided on my own that I did not need it. I too have had several messages deleted from the K forum which I felt was inappropriate as I was not bitching about CS. The latest was about TCOliver: it was just about his ebay sell, that I thought he would be a good ebayer since I reconized his name from the K forum and a mention of K Atlanta. Then I come to this forum and see his story and woooaah - now I understand. I had actually talked to Tony before and thought he was a real nice guy. I really hate what happened to him. I also agree that some folks on the K forum get way too aggressive and rude. While I myself am guilty of being really enthusiastic over my grill, you should still treat others with respect (especially when they are having a bad experience already).

PS - is there a spell check feature here as my spelling generally sux??
Curly

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 10:42 am    

By the way, I'm sorta like you. My K is still performing very well after 6 or 7 years. Just recently the fire box broke up and I got another one free of charge.

My only real complaint was the way they treated others when there was a problem...the biggest deal was the person I talked into buying a K .After his K started slowing cracking and they (to my knowledge) never would answer any of his corresponence. dohhhhhhhh.

I removed my profile from their site only recently had to create another so I could find out about how to get my new firebox.
Gerard1

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:53 am    

Greetings

Welcome about IPA. Nice to meet you. We seem to be a tiny group of about a half dozen to a dozen active posters and we assume a fair number of lurkers (judging by some page viewership counts). Many folks seem to be following a pattern: "Hi, my name is ________. The Kompany did THIS and THIS to me. There, that was cathartic. Now I feel better and am going to quietly lurk." Glad you've had no really bad experiences (but hollow sounding tile is how it all begins) and hope you regularly participate.
Curly

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:16 pm    

Supposedly, if you find some tile you like, even if it's not the correct size, they will break it into small pieces (mosiac like) and put it on the K. Yeah, it sounds kinda cool. I'd like to see a pic also, if one has ever been done. I remember reading one of the K daughters telling someone that it could be done.
DavidS

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:27 pm    

ex K owner

Welcome I sold my #7 to a BGE owner a lot faster than I thought it would sell it. I ordered a OTB a little over a week ago. Took 8 months with a LOT of BS from the K site to geta replacement top & bottom, pay frieght use old bands and hardeware, ect. I found this site and after several mind changes due to my wife and Dennis I ordered a KK. My wife and I figured that if something went wrong with the replacement unit we would be SOL getting anything done. Now I am just waiting for my KK.
Gerard

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:44 pm    

Oh, Here's Another Broken Tiled Kamado

Must be a popular option. I hear they've made lots of these.... just don't remember picking the option when I ordered.

Just to be fair to the Kompany... I did get a refund for this POS... played Hell to get it though... and I'm obviously permenantly damaged from it.

Might be the last refund they ever gave (9/2001)... anyone hear of them issuing a more recent refund?
IPA

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:05 pm    

Hehehe - Broken Tile K!

Dude, that is too funny a pic for a broken tile K. Maybe you should post that in the other forum, but sadly I think many would fail to see the humor.
HappyOwner

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 3:44 am    

Re: ex K owner

[quote="DavidS"]Welcome I sold my #7 to a BGE owner a lot faster than I thought it would sell it. I ordered a OTB a little over a week ago. Took 8 months with a LOT of BS from the K site to geta replacement top & bottom, pay frieght use old bands and hardeware, ect. I found this site and after several mind changes due to my wife and Dennis I ordered a KK. My wife and I figured that if something went wrong with the replacement unit we would be SOL getting anything done. Now I am just waiting for my KK.[/quote]

David - my story is almost identical. Except it only took me 6 months to get the same agreement, and I already have my KK Laughing I can't sell my #7 as the damage is to extreme for cooking. So it's either going to be a big planter or a lump storage with a custom top from Dennis.

It's ironic, the only time I got an email response faster than 3 days was when I sent them the "stop shipment" email. My response to their "why" sure was fun to type Twisted Evil
Gerard

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 5:37 am    

[quote="TheNakedWhiz"]There is a web browser add-on called ieSpell that spell checks the contents of forms on webpages like we use to input our text for these bulletin boards, FWIW[/quote]

Like you really care.... you just showed up cause Dennis said "charcoal."
tcoliver1

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:48 pm    

Wow, just got back from a weekend at the Lake. No phone, email or web access. Actually pretty nice for a change. Glad to see IPA has come over to this forum. Thanks for the kind words too. I've pretty much given up hope that I will ever get a cent back from RJ but I want to warn anyone else that lurks to stay away from him and not get burned like I did. If you get a chance send me a PM, I'd be interested to hear what the post was about. Hope you end up purchasing a KK. I have sold my K7 and have an OTB on the water.
inacoma

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:58 pm    

Charcoal!!! YEAH!!!

I was hoping you would start to offer charcoal...and at cost...that's just plain awesome!

luckily I travel to Atlanta on business a lot...gonna start to bring a bigger bag Smile

kudos on the continued improvements and support!

k
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: