Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

JOB OPENING: applicant must be resistant to mold allergies
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Charcoal K-tastrophy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Spanker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:20 pm    

Quote:

Richardj
Post Number: 2444
Posted on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 6:33 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Help Wanted! Packing Kamado Extruded Coconut. New stools and gloves provided. Equal opportunity.

Quote:

Dglenn1
Post Number: 114
Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2009 - 4:17 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
...you should consider taking it down until you have a “before” AND “after” story to tell if that is what you want to do.

Kudos to you Dan for holding his feet to the fire regarding what certainly appear to be exploitative work conditions. The problem is that this isn't a "before" photo, it's an "after" photo.

Here's the photo he proudly displayed almost four years ago in his ninth newsletter:

I guess that makes this the "before" photo. Lots of differences just like RJ promised... note the sunshine, fresh air, and smiling faces. Same great knee slapping humor, though.

Quote:

Dglenn1

...You could even explain the picture without the “Help Wanted” humor around it.

You ask too much. It played great just a few years ago!

Hey, at least now he's moved operations indoors. He's lucky that old outdoor mound of charcoal didn't get wet! Just imagine how moldy it would have gotten!
CrookedRichard

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:41 am    

Dan continues to impress

Dan continues to impress me...

Quote:

Dglenn1

Richard, I found myself in the middle of a response to your last post but it was getting complicated. Last thing I want to do is make a federal case out of this but if you’re interested in feedback, mine is that this thread hits me as embarrassing and you should consider taking it down until you have a “before” AND “after” story to tell if that is what you want to do. You could even explain the picture without the “Help Wanted” humor around it.

All the other “stuff” that goes on around here is all fun and games until we start talking about how we treat our fellow humans. Understand this is just my opinion and perspective. No one has to agree with me and I’m not looking for a debate. I just feel obligated to voice the concern. Thanks, Dan
CrookedRichard

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:50 am    

And Dick Johnson doesn't disappoint in his feeble response!

Quote:

Richardj
Post Number: 2446
Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2009 - 7:23 pm:

Dan, it sure seems these pictures and my post turned into, at least one person, a "Federal Case".

My "humor" was directed at me and you have me 1000% wrong about how I treat "humans". My intention of this post was to be interpreted as Brianw did, namely to appreciate the charcoal and "to appreciate the people who make it possible, even more".

And by 'treat' 'humans', he means not paying his financial bills, screwing investors, lying about support, stealing sailboats, selling a known inferior and defective product, and raising three grifters-in-training.

Oh, to be so prodigious and beneficial to mankind! All hail our POSKult leader!
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:45 am    

Don't let him off the hook Dan!

Dglen1 Wrote:
Quote:
Understand this is just my opinion and perspective. No one has to agree with me and I’m not looking for a debate. I just feel obligated to voice the concern. Thanks, Dan
There should be a boycott on kamado charcoal! Now that Dan's eyes have been opened he may leave the kult. Good for you Dan. Wink
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:45 am    

RJ goes on to say that he forsees a day when Indonesian standards are up to the US, both standard of living and pay. Right, RJ. So what are you paying these pitiful people squating on the ground hand packing your charcoal? Come on, RJ, out with it. Pathetic.
The Spanker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:31 pm    

Here's another good "before" and "after"

of Kamado factory working conditions:

BEFORE
(Sacramento, circa 2002):

AFTER (Indonesia, c.2007):

Conditions indoors apparently parallel those outdoors as well:
Sacramento, c.2003:

Mexico, c.2006:

Indonesia, c.2007:
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:48 pm    

This is better than the Superbowl halftime show!!!!!!!!

I can't stop laughing..... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Is that Topo on the motorcycle? Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:45 pm    

Alibubba to the rescue!

Quote:
Alibubba
Post Number: 260
Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2009 - 3:02 pm:

In general, one problem we have as citizens of this great country is to make comparisons and judgments based upon our world view and standards set here which may or may not be correct, or which may not be possibly applicable in a third world country.

In this case I took a further, closer look at the photos provided in this thread and cannot for the life of me find anything wrong. The workers squatting and packing charcoal do not in any way seem soiled by charcoal dust. In fact, they seem quite clean to me. The picture even seems to be posed. I see no evidence of exploitation, poor working conditions, etc. Please note that What I am saying is that I don't think anyone, and myself certainly, can extrapolate what working conditions are like from three photos. I see no evidence from these photos of "...how we treat our fellow humans." for better or worse. Maybe, IMHO, I'm just not smart enough to make interpretations or judgments from a few innocent photos.
The American factory in 2002 is clearly much cleaner and sanitary than the latter foreign factories in the above pictures. Especially Indonesia! I understand that Alibubba isn't looking at some of these older pictures but it is possible to draw an opinion from them. just look at the gas motor running inside the building. If the tiny air vents at the top of the picture worked the factory inside wouldn't be so dirty and the workers so full of soot, cement and "M" products. Also take notice at how dirty the kookers are in the last photo. Who would want to eat off of one after looking at that picture. These workers clearly have substandard conditions.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:48 am    

Excellent

Thanks for putting that in perspective, Spanker!

Laughing
gladididnt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:48 pm    

Absurd!!

This one really gets me----

Dick wrote-

I foresee Indonesian workers and conditions, as I experienced when I first manufactured Kamados in Japan in 1960 (where conditions were worse plus being cold),

Did he make the Japanese work outside???

Dick wrote-

that they will meet or exceed U.S. standards and income. When this day comes, the U.S. will benefit, as it will be cheaper to manufacture in the USA than Indonesia or Japan.

So- We can expect our workplace saftey and income levels to be exceded by what is now a third world country and this will benefit the U.S. ?

Dick is helping us all to reach the American Dream of freedom and wealth.
Can't wait for my kids to grow up and work in the packing dept of the charcoal factory.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:06 pm    

Re: Absurd!

Unbelievable wrote:
The American factory in 2002 is clearly much cleaner and sanitary than the latter foreign factories in the above pictures.

Yes indeed, but lest we forget, Richard is quite happy screw American workers too. He's an equal-opportunity thug. Here is a quote from an email by Sacramento foreman, Bill Alexander. After being led on, working for half-wages (the other half was supposedly paid in valuable Kamado stock), Bill got fed up with all the lies and filed a complaint:

Bill Alexander wrote:
Finally got things working right. I got so much negative advertisement at first, I dedcided against a web site but hind site has told me severals time I should have kept moving forward. I contacted the State wage board but richard and deb sent the board a letter saying that I never worked fore them(kamado) so that was it...for then. 600 ""shares""..3000.00 down the toilet. .... Every one they ever tried to get needed help from(work or money) they promised 'stock in the company'.

My originial Issue was How they were treating customers. Lying to customers about pour and delivery schedules and living up to his 'life time warranty "" such as that. Ask [name removed] about that, it started comming apart 2 days after i delivered it and rich would not allow me to take care of it with my own money. but, It was also because of his ""secret formula"". A few days after I left I contacted a nationally known industiral ceramics manufacturer and talked at length about ""the kamado"".And I told him how we mixed and where we got our materials. Bottom line was that I did'n't have 500 to $1000 to pay his analysis fee to put this information in writing or use his name(if we were face to face I would tell you his company name) . But unofficially the engineer said that either rich was a fool or a con man for declaring the kamado a ceramic.

And don't forget ol' Brad Olson who left a 6-figure job to work for free in the hopes of "realizing the dream". He's long gone, just another piece of flotsam in their wake of destruction.

Yeah, RJ loves third world countries - it's even easier to screw workers there. But he'll take whatever he can get.

Rolling Eyes
outlaw99

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:21 pm    

Poor Brad Olson got taken to the cleaners. There are many others on the list as well.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:52 pm    

Thanks Admin

RJ is a krook in any light. As far as conditions go the only difference between the American factory and the foreign factories seems to be that he can get away with an unsanitary work environment there. In either case I am quite sure that he has found some way to steal money from people over seas just like he does here. I hope they catch him over there.

I am writing this a couple of hours later. I took some time to review the Bill Alexander letter again. RJ is a piece of "K"RAP!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Charcoal K-tastrophy All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: