Kamado Fraud Forum    

Photos from Len

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firemonkey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:33 pm    

Photos from Len

fishtail-99

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:47 pm    

WOW! You can see the chicken wire! RJ can't even form the units properly with the wire embedded in the cement, LOL! And look how clean the unit is, indicating almost no use, yet it is cracking all to hell. Anyone who views these photos and buys a Kamado cooker deserves the hell they will have to endure.
Len

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:22 pm    

Can you imagine how sorry I am to have ever bought this poxy piece of crap. I paid 1500 USD for it and put my trust both in the product and in the retailer who, with hindsight must have been aware of the quality issues and yet sold it to me.

Take a good look at the pictures and think very careful about those that manufacture and sell these piles of cement.

Initially I was asked to sent pictures and they would get me some M.. and sort me out, nothing but lies, after sending the pictures all communications go dead, I mean absolutely dead. Not a peep out of them from that moment onwards. Textbook deceit at its finest.

I will await a response from the actual retailer, if there won't be any; he will be named by me and you will all know his details to make him join the list of evildoers.
Nothing new really, Ovid writes about it in his Metamorphoses book 7, The best I see and like: the worst I follow headlong still Perhaps it is the desire for money that brings out the worst in some people leaving them without any respect for what they may cause to their fellow man.

I had no idea about the existence of this forum but had I known about it I would have been saved from this misery, trust me, do not buy from these people and do not believe any of their porkies!

Len
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:15 pm    

Good Night!

That thing looks like a bowl of potato chips! I would like to hear RJ try and convince anyone that his "M" product would fix your Kooker. I hope you can somehow get a reimbursment from that retailer that you mentioned. By the way thanks Fire Monkey for helping Len get those pictures archived here. I wouldn't mind seeing a picture of the whole Kooker from the outside if possible. Is it textured or tiled? Tonight I'm trying the Roadside Chicken on the WSM. Since my POSK can't handle the job. I got the recipe off the KK site. http://www.komodokamado.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2891

Kamado Grief in General: Len wrote:

Quote:
Join the club mate, we should team up at some point, go down the pub and find solace in the bottle and get legless
If RJ was legless it would bring many more solace. Here's a thought? How about the first Kracked Kamado Kookoff? Kook on it no matter what the condition and post the pictures! Laughing
Nemesis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:30 pm    

Now that would be fun Razz
Nemesis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:34 pm    

Len, you said that this grill went to hell when it was only 9 months old - Can you confirm if this is one the "new 2008 model" POSKs that supposedly fixed all of RJs quality problems??
Len

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:09 pm    

It went to hell way before 9 months but is was dismissed as harmless spalling. Whether or not this was supposed to be the all-issues-solved-model-2008 (which it obviously wasn't) i do not know, how can I tell? Even that spider in the top is loose.

The outside looks quite normal even though one can feel lose tiles just clinging on by their fingertips...

Yes, thanks for helping me out on posting these pictures, cheers.

Len
Nemesis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:36 am    

I dont think that you can tell by looking, because I doubt that the 2008 model was anything more than more marketing lies to draw people in.

When did you buy it? RJ had announced some time ago that all his new grills were redesigned and special - I wonder if yours came after that announcement?
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:08 am    

Yes, Len. Finding one of RJ's 2008 improved models in the shape yours is in would be just another proof of RJ's tactics. Supposedly, he started trying to use the successful design/materials of a competitor, but then we heard reports he was adulterating the material to save money (big surprise!). A Krumbling Kamado Kooker from the new 2008 line would be good information.
Gerard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:12 am    

Nemesis wrote:
I dont think that you can tell by looking, because I doubt that the 2008 model was anything more than more marketing lies to draw people in.

Doesn't the '08 model have the stainless damper collar?

Len, what's the significance of the 1.4cm measurement on the vernier caliper? Is that the interval of the repeating pattern we see on the interior?

BTW, Ovid??? On a BBQ forum??? Well played, sir.
Nemesis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:56 am    

Hmmm....I thought those were introduced later, as aftermarket pieces, and then he said they were standard? Not to mention that just because he said it came with the collar, didnt actually mean he USED the collar.

I cant even keep up with the lies anymore Twisted Evil
Len

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:34 am    

Quote:
the 1.4cm measurement on the vernier caliper
just to show how deep the cracks run into the walls, almost through so to speak.

No it doesn't have the collar, got it April last year, wasn't aware of the 2008 model announcement, think again if RJ comes up with an announcement......oh boy.
Gerard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:24 pm    

Len wrote:
Quote:
the 1.4cm measurement on the vernier caliper
just to show how deep the cracks run into the walls, almost through so to speak..

Oops... forgot those calipers have a depth probe function to them... Embarassed Embarassed Now, I understand what you were doing in the previous photo.
Len

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:03 pm    

Not to worry Gerard, if we were all bloody perfect we wouldn't be needing this friggin forum to lament our misery in the first place would we?Crying or Very sad

Anyway, I am off for a piss-up!
Len
Gerard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:24 pm    

Nemesis wrote:
Hmmm....I thought those were introduced later, as aftermarket pieces, and then he said they were standard? Not to mention that just because he said it came with the collar, didnt actually mean he USED the collar.

I cant even keep up with the lies anymore Twisted Evil

Looks like you're right: http://www.kamado.com/updatepage.htm lists the improvements. About the only readily apparent change would be the presence of wood handles or the presence of handles on the main cooking grill. Less obvious would be the alloy damper rod or the deeper channel for the support bands.

And like some of the other regulars here, I doubt more than a handful of these were ever made and even less sold.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Hall of Shame All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: