Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

parts for old clay #5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Sales, Parts, and Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ancient Mariner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:42 am    

parts for old clay #5

I have a 39 yr old clay Hibachi (Hibachi Pot is original name) I'm keeping working. Am looking for bands as my hinge is getting loose. It's a #5 or large.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:27 am    

Does anyone know if these kinds of parts are available from BGE?

That would certainly be convenient.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:20 am    

I thought BGE could help with these kinds of things. I've seen references to them doing so in the past.
Ancient Mariner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:53 am    

I checked with BGE distributor and was quoted $90 and Imperial Kamado was $95. Thought someone would have one from their worthless Kamado and would cost me the shipping.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:01 pm    

A couple of ideas....

Hi Ancient Mariner, A few years ago I rebuilt an old 60's #3 before I bought my Kamado. So I have a little experience with rebuild and repair. Here are a couple of thoughts that I hope will help:

Idea Try replacing the old hinge pin it may be worn out or rusty. It may need to be drilled out and replaced with something similar that has a nut on the end. If you can send some pictures here that might help.

Idea Check the NakedWhiz.com website, they have a lot of useful repair information.

Idea Check Ebay.com/big green egg or Kamado, I have seen similar old parts for sale there including bands. Although you may have to discuss with the seller as to whether they will fit your particular cooker.

Idea Go to Spongebob's profile and you should find his email on the kamado site. He's a good guy and would probably be willing to help. If you can't find it I can probably dig it out for you. Check his archived threads where he explains how he did his rebuild. There are pictures.

I hope this helps. I actually think my old #3 worked better than my newer Kamado. Good luck and please keep us posted. Very Happy
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:46 am    

Here you go..........

Hi Ancient Mariner, These guy's carry the parts that you need.

www.kamadoking.s5.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Sales, Parts, and Repairs All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: