Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

My $75 Japanese kamado

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Sales, Parts, and Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:13 am    

My $75 Japanese kamado

Well I finally got my camera to upload pictures to my computer. So here are a couple of pictures of my new/old cooker. I will have more of the rebuild and improvements that I did a month ago very soon.

Unbelievable

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:22 pm    

"The Avacado"

#1 the avacado green cooker, You can see two of the four stainless screws that hold the inside brackets. I chose not to paint the rusted roll around cart and the rings that hold the cooker together because I like the "Vintage" look. Wink

#2 The brackets that hold all of the grates and the ash catcher on the bottom.

#3 The stainless collander hanging on the lower bracket. It still has Natures Grilling natural briquettes in it. It has 1/4 inch holes all over it. It's my $5 answer to the old style rod fire box.

#4 The soon to be replaced lower grate holding drip pan with main grate above. It will be replaced with a redesigned Spider ring to hold the drip pan. The top one is a Weber main grill with doors.

#5 Perfect height pizza stone sitting on a couple of limestone tiles.

#6 My custom stainless seafood grill. It works well for everything.

#7 Upper bracket sitting on the lower grate. I haven't used it here yet. It's still dirty from the last cook on the WSM. It also works great for smoking cheese. I might not use it that much but it's nice to have just in case I ever need the extra space.

Well there you have it! I still have some miscallaneous pictures to share soon. Cool
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:06 pm    

Sweet

I had one just like that I gave away... to a relative who never used it, unfortunately.

Is there a "break-in" period?
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:18 pm    

Re: Sweet

Admin wrote:
I had one just like that I gave away... to a relative who never used it, unfortunately.

Is there a "break-in" period?

None, although I did run it low on the first cook to cure the crack that I fixed. Then I threw on some chicken. Razz By the way the crack did return, but as I understand it's inevitable with these types. They all get the same exact one from expansion and contraction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Sales, Parts, and Repairs All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: