Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Even fanboy #1 can't get service!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:15 pm    

Even fanboy #1 can't get service!

Quote:
Bobh
Post Number: 464
Posted on Saturday, April 18, 2009 - 4:28 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Guys, I have a slight problem that I am hoping someone can guide me to a solution. Richard, are you listening? When I use my gas burner to light my charcoal, it is a tight fit. Obviously this is due to the Lumpsaver. I make sure the lumpsaver is properly installed, and the opening is forward so that I can slide the burner in under the charcoal, but it is a really tight fit. If I don my silicon gloves and lift the lumpsaver the burner goes in or out just fine, but why is this happening. Beyond me and I am hoping someone can tell me the answer. Should I buy a new lump saver> Or is there a fix? Also, Richard, please, please send me my cobalt blue tiles so I can repair he missing ones. Thank you.

So, even fanboy Bobh can't get service? What is Kamado coming too? LMAO!
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:13 pm    

You have got to be kidding!

Quote:
Tonbo
Post Number: 7
Posted on Saturday, April 18, 2009 - 11:46 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Bob, I do not have the answer but a good suggestion instead. Just take all the tiles off when you are at it, get fireproof mortar and after cleaning the actual body glue each tile back on. Use some waterproof grout and you will find that you have tiles left over when finished. The whole dome, all tiles, sounded hollow when tapping. Just tested it by removing 1 tile; they just sit in their place because of the grout, nothing else. I started off with a small patch and did exactly that, nearly finished now, my tiles will not ever again fall off. Took me a whole week, just a couple of rows per day and it certainly isn't perfect but as i said, they will never fall off.

"The Worlds Greatest BBQ" Oh Brother! Rolling Eyes

Maybe this should be in the Hall of shame.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:02 pm    

Give it up Bob!

Quote:
Bobh
Post Number: 465
Posted on Monday, April 20, 2009 - 1:15 pm:

Thanks for the reply Tonbo, I hope all is well and the Kooking going GREAT in the The Netherlands. In order to be sure I told my plight in a clear understandable way, here is what is happening. I have lost several tiles from just under the hat, Some of these are full 1"tiles, and others are half of a 1"tile cut across the center to where it is 1" by 1/2" I have also lost a few full size 1" tiles from the bottom row of the top section, This means it is the last row above the stainless steel band on the top section. I hope that is a little more clear than was my original posting. About my gas burner/draft door problem. When I put the burner/door in the K with the lumpsaver removed, it slides in and out easily. (it fits) However, with the lumpsaver in-place the burner seems to bind, and I am afraid that I might break something. I am not the most accomplished at doing repair jobs, so I really do NOT want to cause something that I will have to have fixed. I doubt that Richard will want to fly out to Kentucky to work on my K, even if I could provide good wine and good bourbon to go with the Kooking. Smile
Rolling Eyes
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:08 pm    

Quote:
Richardj
Post Number: 2474
Posted on Monday, April 20, 2009 - 4:31 pm:

Bobh, I would love to visit Kentucky for your good wine and bourbon, among other good reasons.

We will answer your "service" easy fix on a personal email rather than the forum.

I would caution every one to be sure to exercise and keep clean the movement of the damper top when necessary AND to be sure to keep any tile that might become loose, fallen or damaged.

Of course RJ would love to visit Kentucky, but Nevada seems to be the only state that he can live in without fear of prosecution for some reason. We know he can't return to California....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: