Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Welder needed...........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:37 am    

Welder needed...........

Quote:
Johnh
Post Number: 63
Posted on Monday, May 25, 2009 - 5:53 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Bob

FYI on your lumpsaver, I had the same problem. The metal bars warp, and hit the gas burner. Once it is in that state, you may be able to bend the bars back a bit, but I found them fairly brittle and prone to breaking, so I did not bend mine. If you are a welder (which I'm not) you could take out the bad bars and weld some new ones in. On mine, I just set some metal stakes in there to replace the broken bars, which helped for a while. You could also remove the bad bars and get a small round grill to place over them for temporary use, I was unable to find a grill quite the right size, though. If the rod firebox would work for you, it is 3/8" steel, which will last a lot longer. The rod firebox did not work for me, though others say they like it alot.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:39 pm    

Tilesetter needed.......

Quote:
Johnh
Post Number: 62
Posted on Monday, May 25, 2009 - 5:39 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
I am guessing that since there is a large area of tiles coming off, and not just 1 or 2, that I can expect more problems. I don't know how to do tile work, and If possible I would rather just get a new top. Is it possible to do this under warranty, and have me pay the shipping on a new top?

Neffie
Post Number: 106
Posted on Tuesday, May 26, 2009 - 9:35 am:

"There is no with a little maintenance, re-grouting and sealing the tile to come off."

Unfortunately, this is not listed in the instructions, or on the sales pages, as being part of the normal maintenance.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:26 pm    

Look out Richard.......

There's another "knock-off" stealing your original design. But we all know that you are the "true inventor" and that your kookers will always be the best. So what if you need to be a handyman to maintain one. They have no right to steal business from you. Wink Kamadojoe.com
dray

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:25 pm    

Yet another kustomer in need of a welder...
Quote:

Bobh
Post Number: 471
Posted on Tuesday, June 02, 2009 - 3:24 pm:

My lumpsaver has seen better days. I took delivery on Hot Mama in 2006 and after many burns I find that the bottom rods in the LS has warped. This causes the gas burner to stick when I put it in, or take it out. I have taken a hammer and made it work a little better, but I know it is going to give me trouble again sooner or later. Does anyone know what material the LS+ is made from? Is it stainless, or just regular steel? My thinking is that I might go to a local welding shop with mine and either get it put back in original shape, or perhaps a new one made. I am not looking to take business from Richard and company, but this seems to me to be a reasonable work around

Richardj
Post Number: 2484
Posted on Tuesday, June 02, 2009 - 3:58 pm:

Bobh, the LS has cold rolled steel. Your idea of going to a local welding shop is a great idea and please don't worry about taking business from us as we actually make them for cost. My suggestion to the welding shop is to make the rods 3/8 instead of 1/4" rod. S/s is not really much help in the longevity. Please keep me informed as to the cost and results. Thanks, Richard
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:21 pm    

Is that karma calling?

Quote:
Bobh
Posted on Tuesday, June 02, 2009 - 5:47 pm:

Thank you very much Richard. I will pursue this avenue soonest, and will take your suggestion as to using 3/8 inch cold rolled steel instead of 1/4 inch. BTW, I have had some Cobalt blue tiles on order for several months now and am wondering if you might now have them in stock. I have an invoice number if that would help.

"Oh, thank you Richard... thank you for letting me foot the bill for everything. And oh please, while I have your attention, can you look at my months old invoice?"

I like how how the former kamado pimp is now trying to trick RJ into paying attention to him.

Will it work?

Rolling Eyes
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:46 pm    

Bob's confused.......

Quote:
I am not looking to take business from Richard and company, but this seems to me to be a reasonable work around
Who owns the kamado Richard or Bob? When a homeowner does a repair on their home do they apologize to the builder? If the home is still under warranty the builder takes care of it. That's their responsibility. If it's not under warranty anymore we have what's called homeowners insurance or we have the option to pay out of pocket rather than pay a deductible and tarnish our record with the insurance company. Maybe a new angle for Richard would be to start selling insurance on his posk's. Let's face it Bob's K is only three years old and he's begging for tiles? I would rather have a falling out with RJ than to beg for tiles and apologize for doing a repair on something that I own. Hey Bob if your reading this. RJ isn't interested in being your friend. If he was he would have given you your tiles a long time ago. Bob seems like an okay guy. He's a customer and deserves to enjoy the product that he's paid for. Please move on Bob. Confused
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:25 am    

The ultimate RJ bullsh*t. He makes lumpsavers at cost? Oh, really? He has customers asking to order new ones. He has customers asking him to replace defective ones. He ignores the first group and he tells the second group to go find a welding shop and make their own. I'd say RJ isn't making lumpsavers at all.
Gerard

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:24 pm    

Maria S.'s K is cobalt blue. Maybe she'll let Bob have some of her tiles when she junks it.

Provided, of course, that RJ's okay with her taking away some of his business.
dray

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:49 pm    

Quote:
Unfortunately, this is not listed in the instructions, or on the sales pages, as being part of the normal maintenance

I also missed the section in the instructions or website that says that you have to be McGyver and constantly jink around with your Kamado just to keep cooking on it.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:51 pm    

Bob's running out of patience.......

Quote:
Bobh
Post Number: 474
Posted on Thursday, June 04, 2009 - 5:27 pm:

Posted on Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 12:16 pm:

A little over a year ago I posted a question in a thread concerning the subject. I never got a response, so I am now re-posting (copy and paste) in hopes I can get the answer to what is an important (to me) question.

Bobh
Post Number: 383

Posted on Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 12:16 pm: Edit Post Print Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
I have a question whose answer now will save me grief in the future. My #7 was ordered in March 2006, and IIRC I received it in June or July of that year. My #7 came with the Lumpsaver included, and I am wondering now: If I replace the LS in the future with a Rod Firebox, will I have to do any 'operator maintenance" to make the RFB fit? Also, I have lost a couple tiles off the neck of the K just where the damper screws down. Actually I lost 2 1"tiles and 2 1/4" pieces. Do I just get some high temp material to fix this or do I order something from Richard J? Either is fine, as long as I get the right stuff the first time. Thanks in advance.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:31 am    

Richard just refuses to get Bob his parts. This was posted yesterday and still no response. He would rather work on that stupid #11. I can't wait to see it finished. Razz
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:06 pm    

So what about the tiles?

Quote:
Bobh
Post Number: 475
Posted on Friday, June 05, 2009 - 3:12 pm:

Aland, unless my math is some kind of outdated math, Richards response was some 26 hours after Daisy's original post. Not that 5 hours makes any difference. Smile I wish I could get Richards attention so fast!

Richardj
Post Number: 2486
Posted on Friday, June 05, 2009 - 4:15 pm:

Bobh, I am honored that you wish to to get my attention fast. Trouble is I am often not around but never intend to not respond.
I would like to thank those who have commented to me about Tony Lomeli (and his helpers) in responding to all telephone calls promptly if not in fact answering. Tony's can be reached by all numbers on this website as well as his own Kamado number (619 488 1698)or his email tony@kamado.com.

Richardj
Post Number: 2487
Posted on Friday, June 05, 2009 - 4:34 pm:

Alibubba, I look forward to sharing with you and other forum members much of the #11 Kamado test notes, specs and so forth. I will try to get them in some readable form and try to post them tomorrow. There are some patentable claims that have been applied for so there are no secretes other than the exterior surface, which is cosmetic or has aesthetic feature rather than technical. I hope you will find this information informative. As you and many others know, I have been working on the #11 for about 6 or more years and has proven MUCH more difficult than anticipated (nothing new here!)but I am sure the @11 will have the commercial use we hoped for.
So Richard has wasted six years fiddling with that useless #11 idea. Have you seen the picture of it. I couldn't stop laughing when I did. So what's the deal? RJ still hasn't offered to get Bob his tiles.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:53 pm    

Here are some blue tiles for ya Bob!

This guy can't give this kooker away ............http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/for/1195120714.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: