Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Problems with BobH......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:04 pm    

Problems with BobH......

Watch Bob change his tune when he finds out that the kompany is on board for a K-Fest. In the first post he thought he was speaking for everyone.
Quote:
Bobh
Post Number: 480
Posted on Wednesday, June 17, 2009 - 4:25 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Elwood, I am not sure of just what you are expecting regarding interest in a Kook off in Las Vegas (LSV). I live in Kentucky, and there is no way in heck I can tie my #7 onto the back of my Chevy and tow it 2000 miles to LSV even in order to meet a lot of K Kookers. Heck, Not even if Richard gave me a #5 just for coming. I think you are not taking into consideration the vastness of the spread of where K owners live and what in these time we can do. Sorry!

Then he finds out there is some interest in the event from the kompany and some owners.
Quote:
-Richelle_j
Post Number: 54
Posted on Thursday, June 18, 2009 - 2:26 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
We want to have a minimum of 12 Kamados including one #11 which is about the same number we had at our last Kookoff. These will all be pre-sold with the customers allowing us to break them in and use them in case they can not attend. All Kamados will be re-crated and sent directly from the cookoff to their owners.

No one at Kamado considers this a "sales" event, but rather a chance to have fun with our friends.

We are expecting to get a lot of support from hotel and local press. The timing, considering weather, hotel scheduling and our own logistics does take time and probably no sooner than February or March. I guess nothing is fast or easy when done the best that we can.

Then he tries to weasel out of his earlier remarks.
Quote:
Bobh
Post Number: 481
Posted on Thursday, June 18, 2009 - 4:25 pm:

-----------------------------------------------------------
Elwood, it is not that I don't want to support a Las Vegas cook off, it is just that I can't make a 2000 mile trip to Vegas. I will of course salivate when I read the reports from the event. I hope the event is a huge success, and that it is well attended by those who don't live so far away.
What a goof.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:24 pm    

Quote:
Cg_cooker
Post Number: 5
Posted on Friday, June 19, 2009 - 11:42 am:

Elwood,

>>Aren't these cookers superior to a BGE?<<

I have no experience with the Kamado, but I will say, the tiled version is stunning. My BGE, by comparison, is ugly. Bobh gives me the impression that the tiles tend to fall off the Kamado. To me, that is a concern. They probably ain't nearly as pretty with the tiles falling off.

In the interest of fairness, the gasket on my BGE is toast and has been for years. BGE will send me a replacement but I haven't bothered because the unit will hold a low temperature just fine. Also, some people have had problems with the fire ring cracking, but that hasn't happened to me. I am told BGE will replace the fire ring too, but many people, just like with the gasket, don't bother because it makes no functional difference. Again, in the interest of fairness, I doubt that tiles falling off the Kamado makes a functional difference either.

I am well aware of the "problems" with the BGE and personally, I consider them insignificant. With that said, it is inexcusable that they continue to put out their product with a gasket that, at best, is prone to fail, especially considering the price of the cooker. I will say, in my experience, BGE's customer service is stellar.

As to which is superior, like I said, I have no experience with the Kamado. Let me do some research and see what people are saying about their product and service, somewhere other than on a company sponsored forum, and get back to you with my conclusions.

>>If you have a BGE are you a member at their forum too?

I am a member of the BGE forum, as well as the Weber forum, although I don't own a Weber. I hang out there, as I do here, to learn techniques and to get recipes.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:21 am    

Speaking of tile.....

This one just came up today.
Quote:
Beautifull ceramic kamado not cement. Also comes with two side tables. 8 years old well seasoned, no cracks. I have spent a couple hour cleaning it up, yes the top spins great. All you need to do is lite charcoal and you are ready to roll. Happy Fathers day. Oh it weights a ton, ok 550lbs, so you will need a appliance dolly and a couple strong dudes.
http://monterey.craigslist.org/hsh/1232574383.html
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:25 am    

And he claims the top spins fine. To bad you can't post a link to KFF on their ads, lol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: