Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

August 2009 Important Service Bulletin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:42 am    

August 2009 Important Service Bulletin

I think Richard Johnson, with the release of this "Important Service Bulletin", has finally admitted that his cookers are defective. No other manufacturer has had problems with their cookers cracking and crumbling to rubble like Kamado has. No other manufacturer has had to issue "Important Service Bulletins" explaining how you should fix serious flaws in the design and manufacture of their cookers, AT YOUR OWN EXPENSE. This is truly stunning.

Of course, now wait for the few fanboys left at the Kamado forum to explain how it is worth the expense and trouble to repair your obviously defective cooker, because that is the price you pay for such a superior cooker. It is beyond me how these fanboys think that defective=superior.
Fetzervalve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:18 am    

Where is the "Important Service Bulletin"? I can't seem to find it.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:27 am    

Sorry, it was a PDF file emailed to us lucky subscribers. It is four pages long and it essentially shows you how to mix it and apply it to repair your damaged cooker. It also says you should apply it to prevent your defective cooker from crumbling. As I recall, we figured it would cost about $100 to fix a #7.
Fetzervalve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:18 am    

Perhaps you could share...
KamadoUser

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:51 am    

Hello Kamado owners and we trust you are enjoying your summer.

I have attached an important maintenance bulletin on M63D high temperature coating. I am suggesting that you inspect and apply M63D as might be need or as a preventative measure. Also, this bulletin describes the difference between M63 and M63D. In summary, the formula is exactly the same as M63 but M63D is dry, that is I prepare M63 without water. There are some nice benefits to being a dry formula and are explained more fully as well as installation instructions.

We mentioned on the forum that Tony Lomeli’s mother was taken to Mexico City for a life threatening operation. Tony will be with his mother for another 10 days or as long as she is in the hospital. We are all praying for Mrs. Lomeli’s speedy recovery.

As you might have noticed Tony has done a wonderful job in answering all service telephone calls and assisting in emails. It is best to email sales@kamado.com and be sure to leave a message if your telephone call is not immediately answered.

Very best to all of you from us at Kamado.
KamadoUser

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:53 am    

BULLETIN BULLETIN
AUGUST, 2009

M63D High Temperature Coating

M63D General Information

We are strongly suggesting that those with an older Kamado and all other ceramic cookers use this
coating as a protective and preventative maintenance to maintain the integrity of your cooker. If
there is any spalling, or spider web cracking that has developed on the “hot face” (lid, firebox, and
on the base above the firebox), it is much less expensive to coat every 5 to 10 years (if necessary)
than chance having to replace the part or entire cooker. For those of us who use our Kamados almost
daily, also all commercial or high temperature users, and Meridian wood stove/insert owners it
would be essential to make sure M63 application is maintained.

M63D differs from the earlier M63 only that M63D is in a dry form but is exactly the same formula
as M63 without water added by our factory. The advantages of M63D being in dry form is that there
is a much longer self life, easier to ship, no problem of freezing and being able to apply water to
make the application consistency desired. For example, if filling a void or hole; a very dense mixture
is easiest, or when applying a large area; a thin or even brushing fluid consistency is desired.

M63D has proven to be an excellent high temperature (2800 degree F) coating. Richard has developed
and extensively tested M63 as well as M62 and M61. A #7 Kamado or the largest BGE or
other ceramic cooker’s “hot face” can be entirely coated inside for approximately $50.00 plus
$11.95 or less for shipping and handling. This will do 2 or 3 coats with some M63D left over for
touch ups at a later time. Often one or two pounds at $7.99 a pound will be enough M63D to do the
entire firebox with some left over for future touch up or repair. Another benefit of the new M63D is
the ease of application which only requires a few minutes, air dries and your Kamado (or other appliance)
is ready to use in minutes.

For those who have used M61, M62 or M63 in the past and are familiar with the preparation and
application, M63D is much the same, just easier. There is one exception, M63D can be applied
much thinner and sometimes a second application is required. Please see and follow the “M63D
Application Instructions” continued the next page.
KamadoUser

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:53 am    

I threw up after I read the email.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:32 am    

Quite. RJ is going to play this Tony's Mother Is Sick thing to the very hilt. Why does Kamado service suck? It's Tony's Mother's fault. That might be true except it doesn't answer why Kamado service has sucked as long as they have been in business.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:47 am    

The file...

...in all its glory.

Filedropper: Aug 09 Bulletin

Wink
Fetzervalve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:01 pm    

Idea Seems like Dick should just put this on at the "factory" then all the cookers would last at least 5 - 10 years with no problems, and if it only costs "approximately $50" it seems like a no-brain'r to me.
Oh shit, I just gave him the best idea he has had since he in vented it. Embarassed
The Spanker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:18 pm    

RJ wrote:
We are strongly suggesting that those with an older Kamado and all other ceramic cookers use this
coating as a...

A #7 Kamado or the largest BGE or other ceramic cooker’s “hot face” can be entirely coated inside for approximately $50.00....

The man is a saint... allowing customers of competitors to protect their cookers through his genius. Competitors that, in case you've forgotten, ripped off his original design.

If he were the asshole all of you allege, don't you think he would just allow competitors' cookers to crack and crumble into piles of junk????
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:11 pm    

First it was M61, then M62 followed by M63 and now M63D(ry)

Here's an old description from Richard:
Quote:
We are making M62 as well as M61 for repair and preventative maintenance for thermal shock. A brief discussion of the differences are outlined below. “M62” was developed shortly after M61 to complement “M61” as the remarkable high temperature ceramic material that we developed for our Meridian Fireplaces over 24 years ago. For over 20 years this M61 and M62 has withstood or used to repair the abuse of logs and excessive temperatures, sometime 24 hours a day for 5 months every year in residential and office heating. We are now recommending M62 as well as M61 for commercial Kamado use, additional protection from thermal shock and most repairs on the “hot face” of all Kamados and other ceramic BBQ. Both are ideally suited for smaller repairs as well as large areas. The main advantage of both M61 and M62 is to provide protection against thermal shock on the inside or "hot face" of the Kamado or Meridian walls. At the same time it provides excellent adhesion to ceramic surfaces such as the combustion walls, inside walls of the Kamados and bonding ceramic cracks. We expect that applying M61 and M62 would be a one time application for Kamados as they do not take the excessive temperature and abuse (logs thrown in the combustion chamber) that the Meridian stoves do. However, if there ever is a problem it is nice to know that M61 and M62 are excellent materials to repair or protect the hot surfaces and cracks for not only Meridians and Kamados but all other ceramic cookers and ceramic accessories. Similarities of M62 to M61 • Both have 2300 F plus maximum temperatures. • Both have excellent thermo shock capabilities. • Both have excellent adhesive to ceramic. • Both fire to white color. • Our manufacturing costs as much the same. Advantages of M62 over M61 • There is no shelf life for M62 and can be stored for years. • Modulus of rupture much higher for M62 than M61. That is, the breaking strength is much higher for M62. • M62 has stronger adhesion to ceramics which allows excellent bonding of ceramics. Cracked fireboxes or combustion chamber walls can easily be repaired leaving a strong structure as well as protection of thermal shock. • Surface protection from abrasives much higher for M62. This is very important for Meridian where logs are thrown in combustion chamber and Kamado Fireboxes where charcoal is thrown in and blasted by “weed burners” and the like. • Easier to apply the M62. • Can immediately take to maximum temperature without break-in.

http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/m62-vs.-m61-high-heat-coating
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:47 pm    

M63 is for suckers!

Quote:
mrnitpicky

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:00 am

I purchased one of Dennis's original textured units. After about a year, over a couple month period, I noticed that around the back of the cooker cracks were forming. These eventually deepened to form large cracks, and I couldn't get my cooker to seal any longer. I sent pictures to Dennis. His immediate response was "My bad, I'll take care of you". I made up the difference between what I had paid and a brand new latest gen cooker, and within two weeks, my brand new cooker was chugging along at 250F!

I hope this doesn't get my reply deleted, but the difference between Dennis's definition of "Lifetime Gaurantee" and "he whose name shall not be spoken" is immense! My mexi-K fell apart, and his response was "I'll send you some patching material". I won't even go into the wait time for a new cooker over there.

When you pay a large sum of money for a cooker you should be able to sleep well knowing that your investment is protected by a lifetime warranty and a company that stands by their product. Who wants to get blamed for faulty crapsmanship. The only thing you should hear from the company is "My bad i'll take care of you" and you get a replacement in two weeks. Don't buy from someone trying to set up an M63D insurance policy.
curly

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:04 am    

Re: M63 is for suckers!

Oh, I thought it was his income producing mutual fund. Maybe those who bought stock are reaping the benefits Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: