Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Handle says it all

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DodgedTheBullet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:18 pm    

Handle says it all

Just wanted to thank you guys for your posts on this site, it saved the the frustration and $ dealing w/RJ and his crew. I almost bit on his perpetual "sale" but then started doing some looking around at other ceramics on the Internet and found this site.

I'm amazed at how stupid RJ thinks people are; I think what drives me the craziest is when I read, "we haven't received any emails or phone calls." Honestly, how many times can one use this excuse, his company must have the worst phone and Internet service known to man. Then on a recent post, make sure you're calling the numbers listed on the website and you're leaving messages for Kamado. Then this one took the cake and actually made me want to sign-up on Kamado Fraud and rant, "We have no record of any telephone calls or emails." He can say without a doubt they have received no voice mail or email messages but cannot access shipping info on a weekend.

Amazing, the guy thinks everyone cannot properly address an email or dial a telephone and then when they can no longer get away with we're not receiving messages from you it's your spam filter that must be the problem, LOL.

Thanks again, glad I dodged this one - STS
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:46 pm    

Welcome DodgedTheBullet

I am glad to hear that you dodged rj. Please let us know what you buy. Very Happy
DodgedTheBullet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:06 pm    

Komodo Kamado
DavidS

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:37 am    

Welcome too both groups. The ones that rj has taken advantage off and the GOOD KK OWNERS with great customer service.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:28 am    

Re: Handle says it all

DodgedTheBullet wrote:
Honestly, how many times can one use this excuse, his company must have the worst phone and Internet service known to man.

Ha ha... and incredibly, this nightmarish phone and internet service has followed him from Sacramento, to Mexico, to Las Vegas. RJ just can't catch a break!

Congrats on surviving your close call!

Razz
globemaster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:21 pm    

How many kamados didn't survive shipping

Just wondering how many other owners have have problems with their Kamados being broken in shipment. I purhased mine from Imperial/Kamado King and have had my Kamado delivered in pieces (literally) twice now. I've got a good top and all the other stuff but the bottom can't seem to survive shipping. I am sooo frustrated. There goes another weekend of BQ plans shot. Sad BTW- thanks for all the warnings about RJ. I almost bought one. You saved me although I'm still frustrated. If the third time is not the charm I'm taking my business elseware. Any suggestions?
Gerard

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:44 pm    

Re: How many kamados didn't survive shipping

globemaster wrote:
I purhased mine from Imperial/Kamado King and have had my Kamado delivered in pieces (literally) twice now.

Very frustrating I imagine. Guess that's a strong case for buying locally though I know the temptation of scoring a deal.

When you do get the other half of your kamado, make certain that the top and bottom match perfectly. I have experience with another brand (Primo) where the tops and bottoms were the leftovers of different cookers and the units were sold as "factory seconds" at a hefty discount. The only defect was supposed to be a very slight variation in glaze color but when I got the cookers home, I discovered that the rims, probably 3/4" wide, did not align well and in places the tops overhung the bottoms by nearly 1/2". I returned the cookers so I don't know for certain how they would have cooked, but I imagine getting a good seal would have been damn near impossible. To their credit, Primo replaced the cookers with new units at no additional charge.
globemaster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:49 pm    

Kamado King has had no problem with shipping me a new bottom but my patience is getting very thin.
globemaster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:03 pm    

Kamado King

Finally got a bottom that survived shipping and have been rocking and rolling for a couple months now. I couldn't be happier. Cooking on this thing is better than anything. Excellent temp control and great for smoking too. Razz
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:12 pm    

Thanks for the update-- nice to hear Kamado King provided the service you needed.

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: