Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

It happened to me, too....

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Rip-Off Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kristamat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:28 am    

It happened to me, too....

So, after a long time of really wanting one of these cookers and rave reviews by a former coworker who has one, I ordered one in May 2009. Made my 50% payment - I know, stupid but I did it - with a check since I was offered a 5% cash discount by the illustrious Richelle. She promised a July 20 ship date and an updated invoice after my payment, which as you can probably guess, I never received. So I'm out $400 and I'm not a happy camper.

I've got a friend who's helping me file complaints where ever we can, BBB, Attorney General, FTC, etc. I doubt I'll see my money or my grill again, and I'm resigned to that fact. But I did want to put up a current post to let people know that these Johnson people are still out there, they are still defrauding people with their website, their complete lack of communication via E-mail, their failure to answer phone calls, etc. Just don't be had like I was, and apparently I'm not alone.

Please join me in filing complaints, even if you think it's useless, where ever you can. If enough people do that, then maybe someone in a law enforcement capacity will notice and shut this whole crooked operation down.

Be warned if you're looking for one of these cookers. Get something else from a place where you can go see it and purchase it and take it home with you.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:57 am    

Thank you for posting, Kristamat.

I'm sorry you were taken in by the Johnson family, but I do think posting your grievance will help others understand that this is STILL going on.

Mad
kristamat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:42 am    

And thank YOU for having this forum. I just wish I'd found it a few months ago.

~k.
The Spanker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:09 am    

Krista,

In Kamado World, this is par for the course. I seriously doubt that they've delivered a cooker by the promised delivery date in many years.

I bet that whoever took the order really planned on getting you a cooker. They probably didn't really believe themselves on the scheduled delivery date though.

The 5% discount for cash is their way of avoiding credit card chargebacks. They've had lots of those.

They don't answer their phones or emails cause they're tired of upset customers. It keeps them from having to tell additional lies. They would answer phone calls or emails if they had anything to report that would make you happy.

Frankly, I'll be surprised if you don't eventually get a cooker but it'll be on THEIR schedule. Expect them to be full of righteous indignation and outrage that you ever doubted them.

Assuming you do get a cooker, hopefully it'll be good. If it's defective, then you really will be hosed.

Good luck and keep us informed.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:31 am    

I doubt that Kamado can accept credit cards because the CC companies have cut them off. As I recall, if you have too many chargebacks, they can simply terminate your account. They stopped taking credit cards when they were selling cookers and charcoal on eBay, and if you call up and buy charcoal, they need a check. That is, if you call Tony and not the phone numbers that Richard Johnson says he never gets any calls on.

Kristamat, did you mail them the check? Have you considered contacting the USPS about mail fraud? I think someone posted here that once they threatened RJ with action with USPS, he actually (full of indignation) coughed up a cooker or a refund. Frankly, I think that here is what might happen, rated from Best to Worst:

Best: You get all your money back after threats of legal action
Next Best: You don't get any money back and you never hear from RJ again
Worst: RJ coughs up a cooker and you are now dependant on him for accessories and repair advice.

Whatever happens, good luck
!
Fetzervalve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:58 pm    

Sorry to hear your news. Did you ever post @ Kamado.com?
curly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:18 am    

I think RJ should go into the vacuum sealer business. Everything about his business, cs, product...everything sucks big time.

Seems like that would be a good thing in a vacuum sealer business.
kristamat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:27 am    

Answers

Thanks to all for your questions. Hopefully I can answer most of them now.

First, I haven't posted at kamado.com. They have this convenient little policy on their forum that you have to create a user account and be "approved" before you can post. Obviously when they saw my registration for the forum they knew I was a little hot under the collar so my account is suspended. If anyone else CAN post and wants to on my behalf, go for it! But if you just read their forum it sounds like the ranking is God, Jesus and Kamado. Obviously they do not allow any negative posts to get past their screening process.

I did send 2 checks - a cashier's check and then a personal one, but haven't contacted the USPS. I should look into how to do that. But, I printed out my personal check from my bank. It was endorse by J5 Designs, Inc. Being a crack paralegal Wink I looked J5 Designs, Inc. up in the state of Nevada. Their status is "Default" so technically they shouldn't even be doing business, but that's for another day. Their registered agent (every company needs one, I'll explain if you're totally bored) is EASTBIZ.COM, INC. So I looked Eastbiz up, and they're active. Plus they have a website. Our girl of the day, Richelle with an "i", appears magically on EASTBIZ.COM as Rochelle with an "o" AND they have a phone number. Our girl answered the phone, stumbled a bit when my friend called her out for a Kamado refund. Here's the number 702-871-8678. Call away friends, call away. We might not get anything but satisfaction, but we need to let these people know we're serious about expecting the products we pay for. As far as the options Fishtail presented, I don't even want this POS any longer.

Spanker said I might get a cooker one day, with a side of rightful indignation from them. I don't even want one from them, and they can be as indignant as they want. It might even be funny if they are.

Thanks for the support from everyone. I'm going to research other options, looks like Grill Dome and BGE might be viable at this point, but I'll just have to wait to see. You know the saying, fool me once.....

~kristamat
tcoliver

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:14 pm    

Interesting, unfortunately that is not Richelle Johnson. Interesting that she responded as if she knew what you were talking about. You need to email them and turn them on to this website.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:26 pm    

tcoliver wrote:
Interesting, unfortunately that is not Richelle Johnson. Interesting that she responded as if she knew what you were talking about. You need to email them and turn them on to this website.

How can you be sure that it wasn't Richelle? She has been learning from rj.
kristamat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:36 pm    

It was the one and only Richelle. My friend is also a paralegal and did some research on this outfit too, and she has some resources at her law firm that she can use to confirm ID and skip trace people. And when she called the number and called Richelle out, she said she could tell by Richelle's reaction she knew she'd been found.

That (rotten) apple didn't fall far from the (rotten) tree.

~K.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:55 pm    

You go Krista!

I had a feeling you were on to something. It's interesting just how corrupt the Kamadettes have become. By the way the Big Green Egg and Grill Dome are good choices. I look forward to hearing that your money has been returned. Wink
kristamat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:56 am    

Note to Unbelievable

Please promise me you won't hold your breath until I report my money has been returned. At a minimum people will try to make you laugh and breathe and at a maximum you'll turn blue, pass out, and scare people around you into calling 911. Very Happy

~K.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:54 am    

Just FYI - the Rochelle at Eastbiz is NOT Richelle Johnson, as TCOliver noted.

Here is a link to Eastbiz' contact page, and there's a pic of Rochelle in their office:

http://www.incparadise.net/text/about.htm

Definitely not our Kamadette. They just happened to use Eastbiz to incorporate their new "company". It appears they did not use Eastbiz for their latest "company", HPB Products LLC.
tcoliver

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:10 pm    

Yes, that is what I was refering to.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Rip-Off Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: