Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Uh, oh. Nelson is about to find out.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:43 pm    

Uh, oh. Nelson is about to find out.....

Quote:
Nelson
Post Number: 8

Posted on Monday, November 23, 2009 - 12:54 pm:
I took two 2x4s, about 3 feet each, and made a makeshift wrench for the dome cap. It was actually working well for a time, and then the dome cap fractured down the middle. Perhaps I tensioned the wooden pieces a bit too much.

Don't do what I did.

Now we'll learn what the ordering process is like for a replacement dome cap. I still have to remove the rest, but now it's no longer necessary for me to preserve the part of the 3/4" rod that's above the top of the dome.

Lovely.
curly

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:59 pm    

It'll prolly be faster to get one from someone whose K body has caved in Embarassed
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:24 pm    

johnson's answers.........

Quote:
Richardj
Post Number: 2540
Posted on Monday, November 23, 2009 - 2:23 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Well, I guess we were a little late in the suggestion of the Mapp torch. No big deal. We have plan "B" which is either the new stainless collar and damper top or if you remove the threaded bolt, just the new damper top. Please call or better yet email sales@kamado for ordering. You might want to email me at richardj@kamado.com if I can help.

Alibubba
Post Number: 271
Posted on Monday, November 23, 2009 - 8:10 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
How about that collar for my #9, Richard? Been a while since I asked.

Richardj
Post Number: 2543
Posted on Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 5:14 pm:

Your collar(s) are in our container at customs now. If you can email sales@kamado.com they can give you the anticipated release date. They will be shipped from San Diego. Be sure to use some M63D. I believe you have some. Regards.
Regards Wink

Quote:
Castors

Jtolive
Associate Member
Post Number: 23
Posted on Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 3:41 pm:

Richard - one of the castors on my #7 snapped off. It's about 7 years old now. What size and type are you using on the new ones?

Thanks,
Jay

Richardj
Post Number: 2542
Posted on Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 5:11 pm:

Hi Jay, we are using a German caster now and I will try to find the suppler we used 7 years ago which is a domestic manufacturer. Both are stem casters that can be unscrewed and replaced but it would be nice to use the same caster. Please email sales@kamado.com. Thanks
What would be nice about replacing a castor with one that will eventually break again along with the remaining ones? I suppose Jay will need to buy it himself anyway. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: