Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Have you ever checked out their FAQ? funny stuff!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Porkchop

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:29 am    

Have you ever checked out their FAQ? funny stuff!

for those familiar with the common complaints of mexi-k owners, some of the entries in the official mexi-k FAQ should prove humorous in the extreme...

http://kamado.com/FAQ.htm

some of the more comedic moments include the following:

I.3: What is the definition of the word "Kamado"? Where and by whom did it originate? The name "Kamado" was trade marked in the United States by Richard Johnson. It had no "stand alone" or "descriptive" meaning in Japan.

as researched by TNW, that doesn't seem so. really too boring to be terribly funny, except that giant egos are funny...

III.1: Durability. You can expect a lifetime(s) of continued use. There is nothing to burn out. Our modern technology and new ceramic formulas have enabled us to make a product that is unaffected by heat.

hahahahhahahahahahaha!

IV: (Description of components) Firebox: The firebox holds the fuel used to heat the ceramic walls. It rests on a ledge in the base at the engineered and proper location below the grill. .....The firebox will not rust or "burn out". Unlike metal, you can expect lifetime(s) of use without concern type of fuel, woods or charcoal. Durability of our refractory ceramics is unequaled.

their fireboxes were constantly having to be replaced until they FINALLY started making them in 2 parts with room for expansion. i wonder where they got that idea...

IV: (Description of components) Tile: The high gloss glazed tile is of the highest quality. There are over 2000 beautiful mosaic tiles or 49 of our own hand made custom tiles permanently affixed. They are unaffected by heat, sun or weather conditions.

yep. they are also unaffected by impact. they bounce as they fall off your cooker in sheets. but the tiles are perfectly fine... but, really, shouldn't you KNOW that you are in for some serious PM (preventative maintenance) if you buy something like this. OBVIOUSLY, you will need to seal your grout against the elements, right? you gotta go in with your eyes wide open. they even WARN you before you buy that you gotta put in some maintenance, right? right?

IX: (Care and maintenance)
3. Will the firebox burn out? Other parts? No. The firebox is made of refractory ceramics that are unaffected by heat, nor will it ever rust or burn out as metal material. The holes in the firebox do not plug up. The tremendous temperature keeps it clean open.

4. Do you need to cover the Kamado? No. The Kamado is unaffected by weather. We hope our "work of art" will not be covered up. The coating on the metal should last for many years and then might require recoating with Rustoleum or similar. The tile will look the same "for ever"

long after your cement cooker has crumbled, the beautiful pile of blue colbalt tiles on your deck will be a testament to your wisdom and good taste. but, like any good comedian, these good folks save the best for last...

XV: Is there a lifetime guarantee? Yes. We guarantee your Kamado will never "burn out" or become brittle with use as the clay Kamado's of old. Our modern ceramic formulas will withstand all degrees of heat that can be obtained with charcoal or barbecue fuels. Nor will your Kamado be affected by rain. You can truly expect a lifetime of enjoyment

now, this used to be the extent of the language for the "guarantee" when i got my mexi-k. since my original beef, additional riders have been added. you should read them and then compare them to the language above. personally, i think that some of the stuff in the "disclaimers" contradict their claims of their cookers in previous sections, and even the primary statement of their guarantee above. that's me tho; i guess i've got an axe to grind.

those on the fence about a ceramic cooker and currently considering Kamado Corp. as a possible provider should consider the above before putting down the $ for one. those thinking i'm merely being adversarial should note that all i've done is used the language already provided by them in their FAQ, and pointed out that many of their customers (past & present) experiences don't line up with it.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:46 am    

Here's a clear contradiction

Quote:
4. Do you need to cover the Kamado? No. The Kamado is unaffected by weather. We hope our "work of art" will not be covered up. The coating on the metal should last for many years and then might require recoating with Rustoleum or similar. The tile will look the same "for ever"

Quote:
New Kamado Covers

Richardj
Post Number: 2319
Posted on Monday, April 28, 2008 - 4:50 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
We are pleased to announce we are making Kamado Covers ourselves. There is a choice of two materials; the more expensive “Sunbrella” by DuPont or a lesser expensive but high grade heavy water resistance canvas material used extensively for awnings. The price for #7, for example, is $129.99 for Sunbrella and $49.99 for Canvas. There is a wide range of colors available for both materials. Please see picture below for a sample of Sunbrella #7.

For harsh colder climates or NW rain we are now highly recommending either cover when your Kamado is not in frequent use or at all times after use in the winter’s colder climates. For all other areas we do feel that a cover will increase the longevity and reduce the need to seal or otherwise protect your Kamado. This is especially applicable in coastal areas that are exposed to salt air.
Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: