Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Rest assured your dedication does help others

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myself888

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:55 pm    

Rest assured your dedication does help others

We narrowly escaped the black hole that is Kamado. We have a friend who owns 2 Kamados, but purchased them back in the 60's or 70's, so he swears by them. Customer service was probably good at that time and the products he owns have held up well. Anyway, when we mentioned that we are remodeling our backyard, he said skip all the other grills and just get a Kamado. I did a quick search and found the Kamado website. My first impression - if you've ever read the book BLINK by Malcolm Gladwell, you know what I was feeling - was that they can't be much of a company if they don't even have enough sense to fix the obvious html problems right on the front page. Anyway, I couldn't believe that my friend could buy such a trusted product from what appeared to be a lame company, so I kept up my research. I soon found Komodo Kamado and although the website wasn't quite the quality that we expect today (think Weber dot com), it had a very strong and current forum section and lots of very positive comments. In reading some comments I stumbled on the mention of this forum and realized I had been cautious for a good reason. We have now joined both forums in order to keep up to date and feel confident that we will be making the right and safe purchase when we place our order with Komodo Kamado. So, although many of you have suffered some painful abuse, we thank you for supporting us new customers.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:18 am    

Thanks for your story. The KK is a sound investment. Your friend will be jealous. Smile
Nerka

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:07 am    

Re: Rest assured your dedication does help others

myself888 wrote:
My first impression - if you've ever read the book BLINK by Malcolm Gladwell, you know what I was feeling - was that they can't be much of a company if they don't even have enough sense to fix the obvious html problems right on the front page. Anyway, I couldn't believe that my friend could buy such a trusted product from what appeared to be a lame company, so I kept up my research.

That is so funny. Glad to hear that RJ's lame HTML coding caused you to pause in making the purchase.
tcoliver

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:09 am    

Glad to hear we are continuing to "save" people and allow them to truly enjoy ceramic cooking by choosing the correct manufacturer(s).
Porkchop

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:26 pm    

thanks for sounding off, myself!
thehandler77

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:25 am    

Good for you.

I just love it when a plan comes together.
Matina

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:33 pm    

"safe purchase"
Yeah, as a customer, we hope we can have a safe purchase.
Thanks for your post.

Smile Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: