Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Cobalt #7 for sale, needs parts and work (Illinois)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Sales, Parts, and Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waldo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:18 pm    

Cobalt #7 for sale, needs parts and work (Illinois)

Make an offer on my 2003 #7 with propane gas adapter. I am tired of trying to deal with the Johnsons.

It is good for parts or as a project for someone who is so inclined. The dome is broken around the spider gizmo, which broke when I tried to free the rust. I have temporarily Rutland cemented it together. but the damper has no place to fasten. It would be a good candidate for the fix pictured elsewhere in this forum using Komodo Kamado parts.

The firebox is discarded, and the lumpsaver is pretty well shot. That all needs replacing. The racks, including second level, are still good.

I have some of that cement stuff R.J. sells and a bag of extra tiles. All the bands and other external hardware is whole.

The monster is located in Central Illinois near Peoria. You would have to come and get it, with a truck and a couple of strong friends to help move it down off a rear deck. A free beer or two hard labor fuel included.

I would consider selling the gas adapter separately, if anyone is interested.

Email me, chrisdrew AT gmail DOT com (bot foiler version!). I'll email photos to anyone seriously interested.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:12 pm    

Hi Waldo, too bad about you kooker. So you actually bought m63? I take it it didn't do the job. Was it the new improved powder or the old pre mix? Good decision to cut your losses, they can be a money pit. Johnson designed them that way. You need to be a regular mason to bring one back to life. I do hope you are able to sell it. You may even be able to part it out here. Come to think of it the kamado forum is another outlet for parts. I would give that a try as well. How about a couple pictures? Thanks Waldo.
drouhl

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:31 am    

Chimney top

Are you willing to sell the chimney cap
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:54 am    

Re: Chimney top

drouhl wrote:

Ya know I have wondered if a large BGE top would fit and solve the top problem for good. Confused

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/hsh/1752451084.html
waldo

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:52 am    

Re: Chimney top

drouhl wrote:

No, I really don't want to sell off the pieces.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Sales, Parts, and Repairs All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: