Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

10 months until enlightenment. 'bout average.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Spanker

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:38 pm    

10 months until enlightenment. 'bout average.

Looks like we've been vindicated once again. BobH's recent angst reminded me of a previous incident..

Remember this?

Quote:
Bobh
Post Number: 357
Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 - 11:59 am:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Guys and gals,

I participate on a wine and food forum called the Wine Lovers Discussion Group. The wine side is abbreviated as WLDG and the food side as FLDG. One of the regulars on the FLDG just received her new Cobalt Blue K7 and has announced that fact on the FLDG. I thought that some of you (including Richard and his girls) might enjoy reading those posts. Plus, it is another case of putting the Kamado out there for perusal. If any of you would you can go straight to the thread by clicking the link. here

(Message edited by bobh on February 19, 2008)

It referenced this:

http://www.wineloverspage.com/forum/village/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14099

In which someone, aka "Will Jordan," tried to warn the prospective buyer, "Maria Samms." But it was to no avail, Maria had already purchased her cooker and wasn't in any mood to hear anything bad about her K or the company. (BTW, the intrusion, no matter how well intended, was initially somewhat hostile and was NOT appreciated)

Thought I should check up on the gal. Fast forward 10 months:

Quote:

Re: Roll Call....How many here cook on ceramic cookers?
by Maria Samms on Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:08 pm
Quote:

Shel T :
We had the Kamado #7 for ten years up to about 2 months ago when the ceramic bit where you put the coals, broke. We would have really liked to repair it but...don't know about you guys, but trying to get a hold of anybody at Kamado is similar to picking up mercury. Unavailable and unhelpful are the two mildest or kindest words I can think of to epitomize Kamado.
And we loved the Kamado but guess it was time to move on, so now we just got the big BGE, have used it twice and so far so good.

Unfortunately, Shel...I have also experienced Kamados terrible customer service. It's sad too, since I think they have a great product and I love my kooker. I know that others have been able to repair their cracked fireboxes by using Rutland cement which you can get at the Hardware store. However, I am sure you will have a great experience with your BGE, I haven't heard one person complain about their BGE.

From: http://www.wineloverspage.com/forum/village/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20486& p=175805&hilit=kamado#p175805

Poor BobH, his credibility is shot there too thanks to his loyalty to RJ:

Quote:

Re: 2stone pizza grill?
by Jenise on Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:19 pm

Quote:
Bob Henrick :
Kamado's cook pizza, and they can be wood fired. See them at http://www.kamado.com or the Komodo kamado at http://www.komodokamado.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1158

Bob, I'm sure they do it well and you obviously love yours. But after what Maria's been through, can you seriously reccomend that anyone do business with those crooks?

But he did give the kk website too so maybe he'll salvage his reputation.

Please, no matter how tempting it is, no one go troll Maria or their website with a "We told you so" message. I'm sure she knows.

Keep it classy KFF.
The Spanker

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:03 pm    

Oops... looks like there was more to the story about which Jenise apparently has inside information:

Quote:
Re: Roll Call....How many here cook on ceramic cookers?
by Jenise on Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:43 pm

Quote:
Maria Samms :
Unfortunately, Shel...I have also experienced Kamados terrible customer service. It's sad too, since I think they have a great product and I love my kooker. I know that others have been able to repair their cracked fireboxes by using Rutland cement which you can get at the Hardware store. However, I am sure you will have a great experience with your BGE, I haven't heard one person complain about their BGE.

I think you've experienced more than Kamado's terrible customer service, it's more intrinsic than that. It's lousy business ethics and practices. They double charge you for shipping, and you can't get them to refund you the $400 they owe you or send the accessories you were willing to accept in lieu of cash? You've patiently waited about what, a year now? That's just, well, criminal.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov

Don't think there's any more details beyond that.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:01 am    

This seems like an ideal thread for Schadenfreude...

...but personally, I'm just finding it sad. Sigh.

You know, I think it would be quite honorable of BobH to reimburse Maria. He led her to the lion's den after all.

Don't you think?
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:08 am    

That's some great private I work!

But we almost didn't get to see this part it was barely legible.
Quote:
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
This may be more fun than the Kamado Co. Bob Henrickson's rubbin' elbows with the Madoff victims at the wine site. Some of them seem to have bigger problems these days. Maybe Bob led them to Madoff too.Razz
Gerard

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:20 am    

Re: That's some great private I work!

Unbelievable wrote:
...This may be more fun than the Kamado Co. Bob Henrickson's rubbin' elbows with the Madoff victims at the wine site. Some of them seem to have bigger problems these days. Maybe Bob led them to Madoff too.Razz

Your post made me go to the wine lover's forum and do a search for Madoff to see if you had found something in particular. Nothing much except for perhaps the strangest WTF post I've ever seen in a food forum:

Quote:

Re: Settle Down /Friday Night wine
by Doug Z on Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:52 am

as i said...due to lack of interest, ill stop my silly little quizzes but i had a neat one for today so this is the last...

so how observant are u?

no, not how religiously observant, but how carefully are u following the reading (or r u talking in shul about madoff et al...thank goodness the ten million i lost is only a small part of my portfolio)

so, if u r observant...can u find the unique grammatical construction which in the tanach appears only here (to the best of my knowledge...)

look for...3 consecutive words which are verbs, in a sentence, each a different tense...(past present and future).

picked up today a bottle of recanati reserve CS 2005, so i think thats on the table.

shabbat shalom
"I don't know much about classical music. For years I thought the Goldberg Variations were something Mr. and Mrs. Goldberg did on their wedding night." Woody Allen

If it's to be believed, then it's as if a very wealthy wine loving valley girl were texting this to her BFF while driving her Camaro to synagogue.
Gerard

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:37 am    

Re: That's some great private I work!

Admin wrote:
...You know, I think it would be quite honorable of BobH to reimburse Maria. He led her to the lion's den after all...

Ouch. You know, I sold several K's in my day but I sure stopped when the evidence became overwhelming that things were not as advertised. Glad I did. Would hate to live with the guilt.

Unbelievable wrote:
Maybe Bob led them to Madoff too.Razz

If he did, I hope he isn't still pretending Madoff is a safe investment and sending new business his way.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:50 am    

I would bet he is.........

Gerard wrote:
Quote:
If he did, I hope he isn't still pretending Madoff is a safe investment and sending new business his way.
Why not he's probably still sending people to RJ.

Quote:
DougZ wrote: thank goodness the ten million i lost is only a small part of my portfolio
HMMM? Any relation to AlanZ? Maybe Madoff invested Doug's ten million in Kamado? Why RJ's a bigger krook than we thought! Razz
The Spanker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:50 pm    

Oh noes.

BobH is softening his rhetoric:

Link

We might be needing a new whipping boy.

Hopefully Mtbchip will send us his resume.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: